I have no car and no house

mapo wc

For awhile my brakes on my car werent doing too good.

Then the brake light comes on and theyre doing really bad.

After a couple days of playing russian roulette with my brakes, I try to go to the local convenience store and get some Newports. And as Im pulling out of the driveway, my car doesnt stop and I almost back into the neighbors' mailbox. My emergency brake is already fucked due to an unrelated incident of me not knowing the bitch was on and driving about 300 miles with it on. So right before I hit the mailbox I just throw it in drive because I have no other option, bring it back into the driveway and it still doesnt stop so i throw it in park. No more car for me, for awhile anyway.

The whole time Ive been up in Gville Ive been living with a friend. He bought a house and rents the rooms out to friends for mad cheap, and its a nice house too. But I dont like living there anymore, long story. The straw that broke the camels back was when he told me he was going on vacation for 2 weeks and he didnt want me staying at the house while hes gone. What the fuck? Im supposed to pay rent and then you tell me I cant be there? Luckily it coincided with when my rent was up. So I was like, Im moving out. I planned this literally the day before he was leaving. So I didnt have time to find a new place or anything. In fact all I did was grab two small backpacks of clothes and put them in my car in the driveway, the rest is still in the house. I called the apartment place I want to move to and they cant let me in until the 16th.

So last night I try to sleep in my car. Its too cramped. So I take out 2 towels and lay them on the dirty concrete driveway. I have no pillow or no blanket, so I grab some shorts and some underwear, ball them up and use them as a pillow. But then the mosquitos attack. So I go back in my car and chill until the sun begins to come up and the mosquitos go away. I then sleep till 1pm on the driveway.

I cant believe Ive gotten myself into this. I want a sleeping bag but Wal-Mart is like 5 miles away and I really dont want to walk all the way there and back, especially in this heat. For showering Im going to hop into a pool of one of the many apartment complexes. And just kinda wash my clothes at the same time.

Anyone got any helpful advice? And if you plan on responding with something like "yeah, shoot yourself" or something dont bother. I already know how stupid it was to get into this.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

How the fuck did you get to use a computer then?

Advice: Try to be less of an asshole. MUCH less of an asshole, in your case. Some people might actually think you're a cool guy and help you out, but trust me, you're not gonna go far with the attitude you carry. I'm 100% serious. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by El Mamerro

How the fuck did you get to use a computer then?

Advice: Try to be less of an asshole. MUCH less of an asshole, in your case. Some people might actually think you're a cool guy and help you out, but trust me, you're not gonna go far with the attitude you carry. I'm 100% serious. Beer,

El Mamerro

This is what i was going to say, but i really didnt feel like rubbing it in.

After all the times ive seen you bust on kids that are having a hard time in life and shit like that, your now asking for help at a hard time in your life. Shit comes rolling back to you, dont think its a drag race, its more of a nascar event. If you lap the person that has to slow down and get gas (and further insult him)...hes going to the one flying past you when your walking your ass to the pits....see what im saying? Its an eye for an eye. Act hard, you get hard. Show some respect and alittle care, and i could garuntee you wouldnt be in this situation...

Think about it.

Guest BROWNer

heh, 'dink'....thats a good word.

i don't drive. get a bike. and i don't

have a house either. no biggie. its

summertime.

Guest ArtvandaL

yo... go rob people at night. practice what your gonna do first.

get arrested, NOT FOR ROBBIN PEOPLE, FOR SOME BULLSHIT LIKE TAKIN A PISS IN PUBLIC,the city will give you a place to sleep...

nah, forget about the arrested part... and the robbin part too...

Originally posted by drunkard

join the club, i don't know how many times i've been homeless since i was 17. i can't complain though it's made life hella fun at times. girlfriends usually work with the place to stay if it's that big of a deal though.

wheres a good place to sleep if you cant find a house?

also what about showers? the pool will work fine but its kinda far.

just go to any convienient store next to you rak some beer, wine is tight to, and find any park. you could always take a city bus out to a cool nature spot just outside of the center of town if your worried about getting fucked with. as long as your drunk you really won't care about where you sleep and it makes for a good time.

Guest platapie
Originally posted by j

Got no money and you got no car

Then you got no woman and there you are

thats harsh. but then i rememberd we were talkign about mapo so its alright now.

shower in gas station bathrooms. find one that is just one small room, the kind with the bathroom around the back of the building are best. lock the door, bust out the washclothe and soap, run some hot water in the sink an scrub them arm pits.

for real though, being humble and respectful is the fastest way to a bed.

Guest --zeSto--

if your near the water,

most marias have great shower facilities for people who hop off boats.

or find a frumpy older girl and treat her like gold,

you be showered, shaven and shining!

Guest willy.wonka

are those other guys still in the house?

if so,just go in there..if not..just go in there...better yet..join the military:idea:

Guest Ted Wakowski

Shower: use the University's locker-room facilities when few people are around. Hotels with pools and shower-rooms are cool, and generic apartment complexes usually have all that shit as well.

Sleep: rack a tint, or buy it, and pick a spot in the woods not far from civilization to chill at overnight. Shouldn't be difficult in Gainesville. Pillows and blankets are easy to rack from motels during cleaning, the carts are always sitting out in the open.

Alcohol will make it easy in any spot.

Originally posted by j

Got no money and you got no car

Then you got no woman and there you are

........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!......hahaha.....oh shit.....Young M.C.....ahahahaha.....that's great.

Go to Trainspotting--Read "Hobos, Tramps & Homeless Bums."

You're only deprived if you look at it like that. Haven't you ever gone camping or practiced any outdoor survival skills? I mean, come on. I go out on the weekends and do the same shit for fun, and I don't feel stressed. What makes me feel stressed is having to come home.

You need:

--something to carry water in. I use a one-gallon plastic vinegar jug.

--two blankets, or a sleeping bag.

--something to cook in. I use a gunboat--a 2-lb. coffee can with a wire coathanger bail.

--some kind of pack or bag.

--a decent pair or boots that lace up. I wear military boots.

--a hat

--a pair of leather gloves.

--a coat, I use an Army field jacket.

If you don't know enough about cars to get it running safely or keep it running, SELL IT, and buy a bicycle. I used to own a bicycle that I had made home-built panniers and cargo racks on, out of junk I picked up off the street. About twenty years ago, a bicycle-riding tramp I knew built a entire bicycle trailer out of junk parts he picked up around the neighborhood on trash day.

A car makes a great house if you know how to keep it running and maintained. A van makes a much better house though, and a stretch carpet van the best of all. You are not applying common sense and survival skills to your situation. MAKE A SOLID PLAN. Without a plan, your chances of remaining "homeless" are pretty good. (I hate that word--it sounds whiney and helpless.) I spent years of my life on the bum. I was NEVER HOMELESS. Wherever I was, that was "home," so get over this "oh, poor me, I don't have a place to live" shit. It's nobody's responsibility but YOUR OWN to provide yourself with what you need. If you don't want to work, or can't work, or just can't find work, you need to take some action NOW so you won't go hungry LATER.

I don't like panhandling, but if that's all you can manage, I guess that's all you can manage. If it was me, I'd wash up in a water hose, panhandle a few bucks to wash my clothes, and go get a job at a fast food place. Then you'll have a.) money, b.) food, and c.) a jumping off point for your next job or business. No sniveling. Get Busy.

Guest FromTheHeart

you come on here professing all your issues to a bunch of anonymous no ones that dog you at every opportunity. you get defensive. and then you set yourself up again. i gotta ask... where the fuck is your DIGNITY?

get off the computer , live life , no matter how much it sucks and answer your own questions because they're not here.

GET A GRIP.

well im starting to get used to this.

if i ever have kids ill have a good story to tell them i guess.

let me preface my story a little. i was getting tired of the roomate i was living with, so i was pretty sure i was gonna leave. i have a good friend here in gville whom ive known since 2nd grade. we talked of getting an apartment together, so i told the kid who owned the house i was probably moving out. he says ok and is going to have another friend move in. well this kid that was supposed to move into my room gets a DUI and the cost of it prevents him from moving. so now the owner of the house wants me to stay. i tell him im not sure because i was getting an apartment with my other friend. so a few days before august, my roomates friend gets all drunk and pissed at me because i didnt wash my cup before i drank out of it again. hes telling me its nasty, etc. but me and the roomate are just laughing it off. so i go to take a drink from my cup and he pulls it from my hand, and puts his hands around my neck and throws me against the wall. we got into it a little bit but was quickly broken up. i wasnt too mad, mostly just shocked because thats so out of character for him. then he apologized about 10 times and everything was cool. but then when he would come over more, i felt uncomfortable being around him, and the more i thought about it the more pissed i was he did that. so i tell the roomate im moving out.

my roomate is apparently vexed at me for not giving him any notice i was going to leave, and then the carpet was fucked up because im a slob. so his friend who is sorta my friend to comes and visits me (the roomate is on vacation the house is empty). even though my ass is living in my fucking broken down car in the driveway he makes no offer to let me in the house (he has a key). but its not his fault, he told me the owner of the house didnt want me in there because of no notice and the carpet.

he agrees to fix my brakes for a small fee. we find out only one of the front brakes is working, so it takes forever to stop but at least they somewhat work.

i went up to a nearby tiny ass town in the middle of the woods where i used to live in 8th grade. theres only one street light in the whole town, so you get the picture how small it was. i park the car in a convenience store parking lot and chill and read a book. well apparently the locals noticed i was there. all of a sudden a big truck has its lights on me forever, apparently writing down my license plate number. i guess i looked suspicious. so a few minutes pass and a cop rolls up.

so i tell him i have nowhere to go, hes pretty cool to me. hes like 'well you gotta find somewhere else becuase this place has been robbed before and i got tons of calls from people about you'. yeah, its a small town. so he tells me to go in the woods and start a small bonfire. i do that. just taking a lighter and pages from my biology book which was luckily in the car. anyway, i head over to the mall today to pass time and my brakes dont work well and i hit some fine ass girl. neither car had a scratch so we just call it off and drive away.

well thats where im at now.

Poor Judgement

PARK THE FUCKING CAR BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEBODY, MAPO. If your judgement is this bad, maybe you belong in jail. You are driving around in a car with virtually no brakes? What the fuck is wrong with you? If you run over some kid and kill him, your housing problems will be over for about fifteen years or so.

Archived