FC IBM renegades of funk

niseNSF

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ArtvandaL

can someone tell me who Tosh is?

sorry, I'm sure he was, or is a good man, I just never heard of him until now. thanks

where are teal, dub, and view from?

i mean they have FBA style. i just dont know where they are coming from. i dont know that tupac was a revolutionary. i think he was dope cause he was a legitimate walking disaster and DID the fucked up shit everyone else brags about. but i dont think he created any social revolution. maybe spawned some political chaos because he created a lot of street hoodlums.

either way the wall looks good. i think the tupac is comical!

Guest imported_Europe

Whats 12oz coming to? No haters?

Well, the wall is nice in my book, the Teal style rocks the best.

But I cant figure out whu they decided to those three characters on the same wall.

Re: well

Originally posted by ArtvandaL

at least we now all know sixteen vandals is a corny white pampered rich kid.

1. i wonder how you could estimate my economic standing based on my opinion of tupac.

2. you obviously have strange race/identity issues if you feel the need to single others out specifically on basis of color. i am sure you are an empty headed minority that has such a lack of interesting personal qualities that you grasp on you your ethnicity and base your entire persona around it, and judge other by thier ethnicity.

3. white and rich dont always go together you fuckin idiot. do you honestly think that since you are a minority that you are more 'ghetto' or hardcore than the next guy? i am sure you do. all you are is a fuckin GENERIC BLUEPRINT MINORITY WITH NO PERSONAL QUALITIES.

16v. social critic.

my 2 cents

i agree with everyone else on that teal "t" concept. it definately drops to nowhere. as with the "d".. i agree on that as well. also, i noticed that the 3d's of the "R O F" are towards the middle.. but hte of doesn't quite fit just right.. its more towards the left.. hte 3'ds should have come more straigh downward

the v in view is very well fitting in my opinion.

over all, the styles are clean and crsip. well educated and practiced. original and nostalgic. everything i want to see and aspire to do (just doesn't seem to work with me)the shooting stars send me off. its a little touch but its appealing. the portraits are much apealing.. incredible photographical efftects. i dig the folds and the rip in the CHE polaroid. i like teal's color scheme the best. but i'm feelin dubs 3d's. sick blending of colors.. i'm a sucker for "perfectly" symetrical shit.

lastly .. long live che..

excellent post cheer.. yet again reaffirming my belief that you are god. (sike, remove dick from mouth now.. haha)

word.. come back to the burgh fool.. your missing all the fun

and i'm spent..

• 4 weeks later...

Pac, Tosh, and Che Guevara all tried to use their position UNSELFISHLY to help reverse the effects of centuries of damage inflicted on ALL people of color by the physical, mental and spiritual genocide and enslavement that has continued to occur on the planet as a direct result of the European colonization of North Central and South America and the Carribean.

Their contributions led to mass awareness and uplifted the pride of the indegenous peoples of these lands as well as that of those who were kidnapped and brought here to be forced into slavery and indentured servitude.

This resulted in a great shift in western thinking in the last 40 years, from the pre-civil rights movement until present day.

So the correlation doesnt have to be literal. It doesnt matter that their work was decades appart, it is a Conscious statement on the part of the writers to compare the 3 men who each in their own time pushed a similar envelope.

Peter Tosh and Tupac were musicians and Che Guevarra was a military strategist.

The point is that they were all revolutionary thinkers and activists, who used their influence to reach the masses and promote free thinking, and KNOWLEDGE OF SELF.

AND all 3 were murdered by the CIA.

The pump behind The T in the Teal piece is understood to go behind the kickback of the E and resurface under the T to shoot out to the left as an arrow. However, he didnt push it down enough to make that dynamic obvious to those of you unfamiliar with the CREW's style.

Dubs, is the newest member of FC and at the time of this wall, wasnt even down yet. He was in the process of adapting to this style of lettering. not bad at all, His shit now has imprved exponentially.

In the View piece its not a pump comming off the arrow into the V, its an arrow extending left, off the right side of the letter with a pump pushing up out of the break. On the W, yes the pump is not functional. Good call on that one Themo, and Yes TEAL take THIS one.

The inspiration for the look of the graphical portion of the wall, is the industrial russian propaganda poster of the cold war era. (as someone mentioned, the font, the stars etc..)

I absolutely HATE portriats in graffiti, I like BBOY mugs, and bodé characters. Im a traditionalist, so i was surprised when i seen this wall.

BUT, its a different time, now and shit has to evolve. I GUess!! Why i accepted it in this case, is because of the theme of tha wall, not to mention the polaroid frames, and the fact, that the colors off the portriats correspond with the fill ins of the piece next to it, which NONE of you caught on to.

I wouldnt normally get into all this detail on here,its actually my first post ever. Im only responding because cool niggaz like my man THEMO PFE is up in here, and it appears that some of you are actually reading these and admittedly studying the styles.

TEAL and his younger brother VIEW2. They are hand picked, and offially schooled by the FC high Council, both Stylistically and Historicaly. They are the future of the crew.

The bottom liine is:

1) Times change... As we get older we change.. The younger gerneration is subjected to many of the opinions and concepts of many of the older members of the crew. They are conciouss enough to look at the times they live in and realize that "IT AINT ALL GOOD" and choose to use GRAFF as a higher form of COMMUNICATION to adress issues rather that ignore them and continue the cycle of ignorance.

2) They are FULLY DOWN in a crew that is a Dynasty and are not "bootlegging" any style or concept like MOST kids are doing today.

3) AND ...they have more style in their back pocket than most of you annonymous post cats could ever hope to have.

Truly yours,

:king:

The Cool nigga Dash 167th...

Fame City Kings... The Crazy 5... Far Beyond Anyone... Idolized By Millionzzzzzzz

If anyone has any shit to pop... Save it and say it to my face when you see me. Its too easy to post shit here and not back it up.

F.Y.I.

Totem163rd.. THE ORIGINAL TOTEM, is a writer from uptown Manhattan, who bombed the insides and outsides of the IRT 1 and 3 lines. The IND A, CC and many more lines from the very early 80s through 1987.

He was an original member of the FW crew from 163 street, FRESH WRITERS.. Able Bogie Kes Furn Totem AND the uptown TNS crew THE NATIONS SQUAD Cep, Dike Totem..

And the NCW Crew from Art & Design high School.. No Comp Writers

He is Down with IBM since 1986 and TC5 since 1988 and although he didnt need it for his resumé, he rocked with us in 1994 and 5. Now he is just back at what he does best MAKIN MONEY and is not to be confused with the toy totem 2 that came out of ATL MANY years later and took his style from VIRUS AA.

KAWS is a writer from jersey who bombed the streets of NYC hard in the early 90s and graduated to doing pieces, was put down in FC by the vice pres JEL FC, and added a contemporary 90s flavor to the FC productions of the early 90s.

Not to mention that he launched the careers of NESM FC, the first FC memeber and one of the Pioneer wrtiters in TOKYO JAPAN... AND NACE FC who went on to become one of the GIANTS of the freight bombing movement in both Style and Quantity.

So dont sleep them, and them opinonated comments, you can say them to MY face or anyone in the crew, if you have the balls.

FIRST CLASS, WAXIN YO' ASS.....

DAMN! Dash layed it down! Respect Due!!!

Shout out to my man Teal and the whole fam. Good lookin' out bro! Thanks for shoutin' us out on the production it's an honor kid! I love the whole shit so don't let these toys try to discect your letter structure. Keep it movin'!

PEACE!

The HEWS

DVStylist

AAcrew

best MAKIN MONEY and is not to be confused with the toy totem 2 that came out of ATL MANY years later and took his style from VIRUS AA.

man you think that since virus did a peice that was robotic that he invented that style?...

didnt mode2 do a robotic style in the late 80s?..

yes he did.. check spraycan art..

you dont know anything about atlanta graff.. or about totem..

you dont know that we didnt have mags before 94..

and even if we had mags they were hard to get.

anyway.. if you want to talk about robotic peices being virus shit?.. gundam shit

i asked him that once.. when we were cool

he laughed and said.. you guys dont know a thing about me..

and those who seen peices in mags first think they are the first..

But im an Asian kid.. i grew up with Gundams before they were popular.. im from where they are from.. the source.

since i was 5 years old..

you think that my letters wouldnt be enfluenced by that?.. i drew them scince i can remember.. so never take credit and say youre the first

before you really know the truth..

it really stuck with me.. what he said.

and i know that he writes 2 for the FC totem.. out of respect.

thats all i know

but if you look at totems peices.. i wouldnt say virus..

hes too wild for virus...

i dont know.. me and totem arent friends.. but it was obvious why..

and my fault..

but you dash have no right to jugde totem.. i bet you wouldnt say that shit around his boys.. and you DEFINATELY cant say that in atl..

oh well.. respect to FC crew anyway.. i like your styles

and Virus too

Smackone.. Atlanta

listen kid you fuckin got no clue who you're talkin to...DASH has been gettin down before spraycan art ever came out and most likely before you were born...fuckin kids these days,you come on here tryin to school a fuckin king,you're a fuckin idiot...tellin this guy to check spray can art,FC was up in that book...there's alot of stupid fucks on this site but you take the cake by far...and i've never seen anyone dick ride someone so hard as you ridin TOTEM2 and dude smacked you up,proving what a sucker you are...i don't know DASH but i know for a fact he aint scared to say shit to your idol TOTEM2, his boys, his moms ,or anyone else for that matter...do your self a favor quit writing and kill yourself as soon as possible...i can DEFINITELY see why your idol smacked you,he should of shot you!!!!!!!

Originally posted by $tonerizm

listen kid you fuckin got no clue who you're talkin to...DASH has been gettin down before spraycan art ever came out and most likely before you were born...fuckin kids these days,you come on here tryin to school a fuckin king,you're a fuckin idiot...tellin this guy to check spray can art,FC was up in that book...there's alot of stupid fucks on this site but you take the cake by far...and i've never seen anyone dick ride someone so hard as you ridin TOTEM2 and dude smacked you up,proving what a sucker you are...i don't know DASH but i know for a fact he aint scared to say shit to your idol TOTEM2, his boys, his moms ,or anyone else for that matter...do your self a favor quit writing and kill yourself as soon as possible...i can DEFINITELY see why your idol smacked you,he should of shot you!!!!!!!

Yo i wasnt talking about DASH at all..

he is what he says he is.. but that still dont give him a right to say that virus owns that style when he didnt even see totem here in atlanta back in the early 90s..

and virus wasnt in spray can art.. so im still right. it aint about dash.

Its about Virus and Totem..

you think that a canadian kid CREATED that JAPANESE animation style?..

you think that an ASIAN kid that lived in japan is a biter of a canadian kid biting Japanese style?..

thats a little overboard..

Ive seen viruses peices.. they are just NEON GENESIS EVANGELION.. twisted to say virus.. nothing wrong with that but it prooves the point..

Totem didnt twist anything to say totem..

you can see in his peices.. I wish i knew how to post here i have an old flick of totems that prooves it..

its like disney using old anime for thier movies.. and since they are the most popular

they get the credit..

but the real makers are the unsung creators..

im not saying that virus is biting

and im not say totem is biting

Im sayign that you DASH cant judge totem being in ny.. Atlanta has its own thing

and it ISNT ney york enfluenced

and if you dont like totem so much and youre in ny.. why not get in touch with TATs and tell them hes a toy and a biter. im sure theyd agree.. hahhaha

peace

Smacker

Ok so heres what i know about ATL...

I was there in 1985.

I racked mini wides and flomaster and basically walked out of stores juggling paint past those rednecks.

Me and my man DJ. EXACT (local ATL cat) wiped our asses with peach tree street

and NO ONE from ATL had tags there yet.

I Bombed the MARTA insides in motion and then stumbled upon an unscheduled tunnel layup and smacked 2 sets with hollow DS throwups, shit i might STILL have tags in that tunnel.

oh, and I rocked windmills with roller skates on in a battle at a skating rink/club called KICKS.

WAYYYYYYYYYYY before any of you good ole boys ever picked up any of henrys books.

Far as Totem 2, i consider him toy not for his skills but for the fact that he came out right after Totem TC5 had a comeback run in the early 90s. So it is very evident that your boy cold bit his name from the magazines. The fact that he added a 2 after is reinforces that he knew about Totem TC5, and its no respect to house a name when the writer is still active... (ex: if YES2 would have took that name in 1983, he would have got no respect, BUT in 1986 YES ONE RTW had been quit.)

The word toy carries many meanings in different contexts, But i forgot that you only reffer to the glossary section in subway art and spraycan art for your refferences.

as far as the comparison to Virus AA, Its my opinion that totem2 shit looks like a bootleg virus 3d shit..

EXCEPT virus letters actually have style... and i dont just mean that wierd seaweed looking shit i mean even his regular shit.

Then again, i only seen a few of his joints in mags, but it was enough for me to write him off as a 2 time loser... name = bite, style = bite..

It dont matter really cuz i dont have to tolerate his work, thats TATS crews problem.

Im sure he gets busy in ATL or wherever, but i dont have to like it or aknoledge it. Kids like that just get lost to me in that wierd "midwest style" soup.

I actually met totem2 briefly in tats crew office a few years ago, he was cool and he had NATHAN to say to the FC ENFORCER.

I mentioned to Totem FC that the kid was in nyc and painting with tats, and he just laughed and counted his money.. HAHAHAHAH Real Niggaz know the time..

its a different day, and i guess EVERY crew is watered down to a certain extent.

I am a life long trouble maker, street fighter and bar room brawler.

Im still fast and have mad stamina for my age.

I hit like a mack truck

I am a mixed martial arts and weapons apprentice Instructor.

And i love to smack the shit out of writers and random thug wanna bees who need it.

Ask anyone who knows me.

So i think i would hardly find it an obstacle to say whatever i want about whoever i want wherever i am in front of whoever i want.

try me.

So to the ANONYMOUS mouthpiece... tell me wht you write... :P Maybe we'll meet sometime... pussy

Koolest Dasher

Full Contact

Fuck wit it..

you know somethin i cant say anymore for totem..

Hes a big boy. and i dont think that he cares for what you said anyway..

Its funny what you saiid about his styles tho.. i think if youd look at his stuff for reall youd see the style in it..

but your mind is so clouded by your beliefs.. you cant go past it..

old timers ways huh?..

oh well..

and to totem.. Fuck you

Smak.

Past it?

Nigga I BEEN THERE AND BACK, DONE THAT AND MORE.

Alot of New York writers put in years of work to develope and elevate styles, that all you out of town plagerizers run into the ground to the point where you think it becomes universal.

The style you so admire dont get respect from ANY writer who holds letter form with any regard.

Its toys like you who make it ok for all these style rejects all over the planet to be accepted, becouse of their "technique" or painting ability, yet dont have an ounce of letter style in their body.

Dont assume what i believe and disbelieve, my vision isnt clouded, its crystal clear to me that if not for a handfull of hardcore stylists (some of who have posted in this thread) that still care about preserving the concept of style, graff would be left to all you "wierd" style, inept, clueless graffiti bastards, with no schooling and or knowledge of manifesting a viable letter style.

So, crawl back under your rock and dont even adress me again, no one wants to hear your whining.

matter of fact, DONT POST ON HERE AGAIN. IM RUNNING THIS SHIT NOW.

Now That I know what you "write" Ill be sure to look you up when Im in ATL.

Believe it.. I get around

If you respond to this.... you agree to recieve the SMACKDOWN, when i see you.

Shit, i can just make a phone call and someone will pay you a visit.

So to all my niggaz who actually had a bit of a good time before this toy came on (Themo, Hews, Cherleader, etc..) , roc on, keep on the critique or whatever.

Sorry i had to get ugly up iin here.

Peace Pipe

Kool KiDash

Fast Company

The Comando 5

I Burn Mofuckaz

X-mental

oh man.. youre such a meat head..

there is no point trying to reason with fools..

go ahead come to atlanta.. beat me up.. thats the best you can do.. no intellegence just pure brawn.. no brain just a jock hard rock.. no sense at all..

but oh well..

oh by the way.. just cause you rolled down peachtree dont mean you were all around atlanta.. you wont even come to our ghettos.. thats where our shit is at..

before you were doing windmills in your rollerskates.. ahhahahhahahahhah

atlanta doesnt give a fuck about you.. we have our old schoolers..

Sparkyz, Jaz, Sense, theFiveKings.. Leon..

we have our own style.. new york isnt the only place to make style..

say that to a west coast G.. a real west coast technician.. like gk, revok or sever

we have our tradions.. not yours

we respect new york.. but dont try and be our leaders...

welcome to atlanta..

yea.. Smack is my name.

:rolleyes:

Oh and everything you said aims at everywhere but newyork..

and the only style is newyork style..

so im surprised that noone but lil old me is telling you different..i aint scared

or maybe im waisting my time.. arguing over the internet with a meathead..

oh so tough!:rolleyes:

bye.. there wont be nomore for me.. for this thread.

ha been there and back and more.. musta not learned anything..

Archived