Early Albuquerque-The Hidden Graff Gem!

actyourage

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest o.g.sofa1

KEVIN-LOK!

I REMEMBER ME AGREE AND MY BROTHER,RAN INTO HIM AT A GAS STATION ON CENTRAL.IT WAS CRAZY HE ROLLED UP WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT,HE SAID IM KEVIN LOK!I THINK IF ITS THE SAME KEVIN HE WAS ROCKING THE 80-90.I DONT THINK 70,OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!CHECK OUT THE DOPE SPREAD ON AMEN ON MY WEBSITE>>>>>>>>>>>www.pbase.com/sofa_ones:king:

Guest beardo

definitely coulda made the '!' after SIA a bit less 'y'-ish... ah well. good show jobe!

i cant see yours anymore, tramp..

Guest o.g.sofa1

bump,bump,bump

damned,who is that kid BOARISM?and toys say it was easier to bomb back then.i think they are strait up chicken and making up excuses,whats up with saying you write and never put in work?peace to all the heads who kinged shit!!!!!!!!!!!sofa1/tum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i remember when jolt sold me his black cat comic book. it was when they just renovated civic plaza and grey and jolt were sk8ing the ledges on the benches and grey gave me a silver paint pen i was so stoked!!!!!!!!

jus' a young buck then<<<<<<<<<<<

This is a great thread... I'm loving all these old flicks.

I'd love to sit around and talk about the times I first acknowledged graffiti in my own town... which is like yesterday for most of you. Talk about the kings that live around me, and taught me history. I'd also love to talk about the people that schooled me, which I'm still in the process of till this day.....

hey yall, i visited alba. Q a bunch of years back (i'd say 8 to 10). while i was there i saw a news report on a writer named DUMBO. i think it was my first real exposure to name based graffiti. was he a real person or am i making this up. i remember seeing it on the highway. you know like if you were coming from the west, i think we were in Gallup. and you come across this hill and BOOOOOOM the she is. all lit up like christmas morning. i have very fond memories of the area.

DUMBO was a killer he also wrote BRIKS i think... Ceasar from IBM came down from new york around that time and kicked him and a kid that wrote STACK down with IBM. Well I think it was around 91.

That was during the Deep Threads days when GIANT killed UNM alias WESK and abq had more writers that killed shit then anywhere in the southwest. Sofa will tell you because he's the one that made me aware of that. That was really truely the deal. When I was in middle school I was able to kill the bathrooms with countless other writers we had blackbooks constantly in circulation. I caught REL, AGREE and I think Giant when he was still real new to the game at the monolothic. I was only 11 but damn talk about some fond ass memories.

What happened to SERIOUS, JAKIM, REX, MICRO? those guys all murdered the city!

I already know ROCK, 2FACE, SOFA, WENT, GIANT, GREY, SAINT, NORE and a lot of those niggas are still around killing it. I was just curious.

Guest beardo

nice, people sleep on JAKIM, funny that i randomly remembered about that dude the other day.

cant wait to go back this summer for a few days.

Originally posted by *PESA*

CANT FORGET LEVI'S EATS!...AKA THE 505 WRITERS BENCH!..THAT WAS THE SPOT BACK IN THE DAYS... THATS WHEN CENTRAL USED TO BUMP....PACKED FROM SONIC TO LEVI'S...PEACE

i rememember going to levis eats when i was 16. i must have been the only white boy there most of the time. but back then if you were in ATK you were pretty well cared for.

i love all the pre 1993 albuquerque stuff. that was when it was really dope.

Originally posted by Exonyohed

i remember when jolt sold me his black cat comic book. it was when they just renovated civic plaza and grey and jolt were sk8ing the ledges on the benches and grey gave me a silver paint pen i was so stoked!!!!!!!!

jus' a young buck then<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey, hopefully you are still writing. i hope that silver pen got you hooked on hitting up.

16v.

whats up with MOST?

he still into graff?

we used to party at his house when his dad was gone. me and agree shot the back windshield out of a moving car witha pellet gun from most's back yard. the person came in and found us, and we somehow convinced the cops that the dude was dilusional and was assaulting us and the guy almost got arrested and nothing happened to us.

that was in 1989 maybe 1990.

too bad agree isnt around still.

16v.

Archived