Early Albuquerque-The Hidden Graff Gem!

actyourage

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dear pablo;

you are an ignorant retard and my boy would beat the shit clean out of your body if you weren't in backwaterass north carolina.if you don't like him then you shouldn't write his name in giant letters across the screen.if you have balls,write someting on here worth a shit and drop what you write and not a screen name.

RAGSO AI PIGS PHO

p.s.new mexico has a way better accent and petey pablo is lenny kravitz boyfriend.:) peteypabloescobar:) i didn't know they had colombian drug lord types in "your neck udda woods" lol.................

AGREE TC5

I remember when ceze was in town and working at Deep Threads back in the days... he said it was questionable that AGREE was actually down with TC5.

if he wasn't actually down with them he damn sure should have been... straight up those AGREE productions were just as good if not better then a lot of the graff out then.

Guest DRIPONERS

pablo

okay this thread is for remembering the past and learning about albuquerques past not for you to come on and talk shit

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Pablo, shut up.

Have some fucking respect.

Theres some Geez up in here, fool.

I edited my earlier post.

I got too excited about this Burque

thread. It bought back alot of old memories.

???

sofa's AGREE piece posted is so damn good man...

that piece is some serious realness. i remember looking through his backbooks w/ DOC and REL... full color air brushed all through out ill books... tons of them cover to cover dope shit.

i can definitely say that i caught a majority of my influence from REL... REL got a lot of his influence from AGREE and ROCK from what i saw in his pieces... a majority of the early ABQ pieces were totally AGREE influenced.

anyways... was that piece on Central?

Guest Media OEC

Act say post some new Burque shit....I don't know how to post pics and I don't wanna take a bunch of flicks off ill-kids or something, but heres something I did thats on the net: http://www.ill-kids.com/pieces/media01.htm

click that....I'm not really a known writer or whatever but I still apinted this in NM so look.

I felt obligated to hit this up....Dapping out the people who knew and still deserve it....Burque was a dope place to grow up ,and know all of you guys, i loved doing graffiti there and still enjoy my visits back.....

NOREGAZM

now you know

eat at barelas cafe!.................

i have a shit load of flicks and no scanner,but i'm on my way back to burque and that wonderful sur valle green chile smell,and i have access to more flicks and a scanner there,or at least i'll try.just wanted to hit the thread,i think i'm in love with albq. all over again!:love2:

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

I remeber a lil click called

NET: North East Thrashers.

That was the only stoner gang

I ever heard of. They were all

into Heavy Metal, but they were

a gang. They jumed people in.

Are they still around?

Guest beardo

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00229920f00000009.jpg'>

wow, i sucked that bad as recently as 98

some random memories-

when i was a kid i would ride my bike down to the montano st ditch first thing every morning and check out the pieces, then id go home and try to duplicate them. i remember having MCROCK block letters down pretty good, haha! that ditch was heaven. names i remember were rock, ruff, top, aroe.. tons of atk, uks pieces.. so badass. my all time favorite piece done there was the PAIN piece by MCROCK with the sailor and the sunset on either side, i would just sit there and study it, i could probably still do that sailor character from memory today. there was also a doap production with like a bunch of treasure chests and coins all over the place, id kill to see those flicks! also aroe had a cool one with his name on the bottom and a character with a hood/gold chain and a big skyline above it, all black and yellow. damn im pumped remembering all this crap.

i rode with my mom everytime she would go accross town just so i could check out the huge BUCKLE UP burner on that water silo off 1-40

http://www.ill-kids.com/OldSchool/buckle%20up.htm

holy shit, that was 89?

i mentioned in the giant thread about going to monolithic after class in elementary school. i remember a couple from the pics posted here, also a bunch on the www.ill-kids.com site. my favorite piece at monolithic was the gigantic WISDOM burner on one of the the long walls, baby blue and white if i recall. other doap ones were the DOC with the character in the middle with the big glasses and tropical scene reflection, haha classic!

nice, found a pic

(they dont host the pics, worth hitting the link though)

http://www.ill-kids.com/OldSchool/DOCnews.htm

i was there when they painted the wall behind all this with the big evil character

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00229874f00000003.jpg'>

there for this one

http://www.ill-kids.com/OldSchool/DOCtng.htm

fuck it, a few other flicks i remember from ill kids..

http://www.ill-kids.com/OldSchool/DOC_splish.htm

http://www.ill-kids.com/OldSchool/Stack-house.htm

the playgrounds was a doap spot, ditched school and painted there on mushrooms one time

the crack shack was hilarious

whats up rags, weird to see you on here, i was asking abno about you and your bro the other day.

i'll be back when i remember more

beardo

yo beardo! i swear you and i grew up really effin' close to each other.

i asked you before if you went to chaparel elementary.

was the montano st. ditch on the west side? all that stuff you're talking about sounded so familiar... it was close to the area my homie vince lived... i can't believe i forgot the name of that part of town.

crazy stuff i swear how did all of us experience so many similar things but not knowing each other. haha... we probablly did.

all i know is i remember going to john adams middle school with revel and that's when we had crews of writers bombing the bathrooms... getting caught with white cross pills and having to go through some stupid anti drug meetings in west gate... sick ass burners in their bathrooms w/ a garfield character... there's one for the old school.

I MOVED OUT HERE FROM FRISCO IN 1988. THERE WERE CREWS LIKE TBP AND KICK (LATER BECAME UKS), PCP AND UCT WERE UP. WHEN I MOVED OUT HERE I JUST STARTED GETTING LOOSE, KILLIN SHIT ALL-CITY. THERE WERE KIDS ROCKIN PIECES AND SHIT, BUT I BROUGHT OUT BOMBIN. AT A TIME WHEN YOU HAD TO GO OUT AND FIND PEICES TO FLICK, I BROUGHT GRAFF TO YOUR FRONT DOOR. I LATER HOOKED UP WITH UKS (UNITED KING SYNDICATED). THEN ONE DAY EVERYBODY WAS TALKING ABOUT THIS GUY THAT WAS HERE FROM NEW YORK.......AGREE ATK PREZ!!!!!! I REMEMBER WHEN WIZDOM CAME OVER TO MY CRIB AND WAS LIKE "YO CAST, LAST WANT'S TO GO BOMBIN TONIGHT, HIM AND THAT KID AGREE FROM NEW YORK!" I WAS LIKE WORD. SO WE TOOK AGREE ON HIS FIRST BOMBIN MISSION.

A LITTLE WORD ON AGREE.......

AGREE ROCKED SHIT!!!!! WHEN ATK WAS JUST A HAND FULL OF NIGGAS, THAT WAS ATK, PERIOD!! AGREE WAS MY BRO PLAIN AND SIMPLE, HE ROCKED THE BURNERS, I ROCKED THE CITY!!! WE HAD SOME DOPE TIMES TOGETHER RATHER RACKIN, BOMBIN, OR JUST CHILLIN. I REMEMBER GOING BOMBIN WITH HIM AND HE BE LIKE "YO CAST, YOU CANT BOMB WITH COLORS! YOU HAVE TO SAVE THAT SHIT FOR PIECES". HE DID HIS THING, AND I DID MY THING, ATK STYLE!!!

AND FOR THE RECORD, THAT DAY AGREE MADE ME ATK VICE PREZ BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE BOMBED LIKE I DID.

AGREE ATK FOREVER!!!!!

BACK TO THE HISTORY.....

I WENT TO DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. I USED TO GET THIS TALL SKINNY WHITE DUDE NAMED MIKE IN THE BACK BREAKER IN GYM CLASS. A YEAR LATER AFTER SCHOOL I WAS ABOUT TO WALK MY LADY HOME AND THAT SAME SKINNY WHITE KID MIKE CAME UP TO ME. HE WAS LIKE "HEY TANK, REMEMBER ME? YOU USED TO GET ME IN THE BACK BREAKER IN GYM CLASS". I WAS LIKE "WORD". HE WAS LIKE "CAN YOU TEACH ME HOW TO BOMB, I THINK GRAFFITI IS PRETTY COOL". I TOLD HIM WHAT DOES HE WRITE, HE SAID " I THINK I'M GOING TO WRITE GIANT!". THE REST IS HISTORY!!!!

THERE WERE HELLA NIGGAS ROCKIN PIECES LIKE ROCK, DOC, WENT, STACK, ERA, JAM, LAST, ETC,ETC.

THERE WERE HELLA NIGGAS BOMBIN LIKE MYSELF, CRUSH, SHOCK, TRUST, DASH, ETC, ETC.

THEN ONE DAY I HOOKED UP WITH THIS NIGGA NAMED...SOFA1... WE KILLED SHIT FOR A LONG TIME, ROF STYLE!!!!!!

I GUESS SOME DOPE NIGGAS CAME FROM ALBUQUERQUE, LIKE GREY (I DONT THINK I EVER MET HIM) BUT I THINK HE'S DOPE AS FUCK. AND THEN THERE IS AROE!!! 100% FUNK!!

OVERALL, THE "OLD SCHOOL" DAYS ARE GONE, THE GRAFF SCENE IS "DOING IT THING". WE KNOW WHO THE REAL WRITERS WERE BECAUSE WE ARE STILL DOING OUR THINGS, CHILLIN LIKE VETS!!!!

RENEGADES OF FUNK

THROW-UP MASTERS

DEF AMEN ONE

6 YEARS ALL-CITY

....AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!..............

Archived