Early Albuquerque-The Hidden Graff Gem!

actyourage

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest post.

wow, I don't miss Albuquerque, although I do like this post.

I love Roo- Although i wasn't there for too long (probably beginning in around '96) and I had just barely wet my toes in the graffiti world, its funny what you said, because I can't help but wonder if you may have been there in one of those girl's rooms I ended up in, sketching or whatever, 2face drawings all over the walls....

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

its odd how many wellknown heads started in the 505, people would be surprised how many household names are from there, or at least i was...

its also odd how many of them have ended up staying or visiting the 215

Guest DRIPONERS

505 THE ALBUQUERQUE SCENE DOESN"T HIT HARD ANY MORE ALL THE YARDS ARE GETTING HOT AND NOW IF YOU GET CUAGHT ALL KINDS OF BULLSHIT HAPPENS BUT I STILL GET MY UPS HAPPY ZUNI OPENED AGAIN FINALLY A YARD TO PAINT THAT WILL RUN PROPS TO ACT FOR STARTING THIS THREAD I LOVE OLD SCHOOL 505 STUFF I REALLY LIKE YOURS AND SOFAS STUFF CUZ IT IS SO FUNKY AND DIFFERENT POST MORE FLICKS ON HERE OF ALL THE OLD SHIT I CAN GET SOM STRIKE AND DASH FLICKS LIKE EARLY 90S STUFF HIT A REPLY ON HERE

my intro to albuquerque graff was:

UCT (unseen crime troop)...........PCP (public crime posse)..........CWK (criwe wave kings: rel, sage, logic)............ATK (all time kings: agree, first, last, aero, doc, wisdom, cast, etc..) shock was up alot.. cast used to dis everything all the time but god he bombed more than anyone and he would fight you.

before that it was stuff like: VEL, LCL, ESSJ, (all gangs)

i noticed the tagging the most. that was 1988-89 but i admit i didnt take up graff till 1990. i didnt find any pieces until around 89-90. i was part of a bunch of skaters that all started writing in 1990. the reason i knew giant is because he made a skate video and he gave me a section in that. i was like 15 im sure that video is around still. it was right before i got into graff.

alright enough personaly info. this is getting out of control.

16v.

Guest o.g.sofa1

REMEMBER ROCKBERRY?

AS FAR AS NEW MEXICO GOES I REMEMBER COMING UP FROM BELEN,MY MOM USED TO DRIVE BY THAT WALL ON BROADWAY.IT HAD ALL THESE STOCKCAP PIECES THE MAIN ONE SAID ROCKBERRY,THAT WAS LIKE 86-88.I THINK HE WAS FROM THAT NEIGHBORHOOD.ME AND MY BROTHER HAD THIS ONE HOMEBOY FROM BELEN WHO WAS ORIGINALLY FROM BOSTON HE DID A PIECE THAT SAID DOPE ON THE BRIDGE ON REINKEN IN BELEN,THAT WAS AROUND 86.HIS NAME WAS FLACO/18ST HE LATER GOT DOWN WITH 18ST AND STARTED BOMBING WITH MY BROTHER GANGSTYLE LETTERING,BACK TO ABQ I GUESS THERE WAS SMAK/SCRAM,TBP-PCP-UCT-YOU HAD WAVE AND ROCK PAINTING ON THE WESTSIDE IN 88,BASICALLY AMEN1ROF CAME OUT HERE AND RIPPED A NEW ASSHOLE IN THIS CITY!!!!AND THEN THERE WAS NORTH VALLEY HEADS LIKE BCT(BIG CRIME THREAT)THEY WERE THERE.THEN AGREE HOOKED UP WITH HEADS,MONOLITHIC STARTED ROCKING!!!!!AT THE SAME TIME MY BROTHER WAS PAINTING DOWN IN BELEN AROUND 88,I WAS A STRAIGHT TOY!I MOVED TO LA FOR A FEW YEARS WITH MY DAD AND SEEN DTK/IFK/LOD/BC/KSN/WCA/HEADS THEY BLEW MY MIND I WAS STILL A TOY TRYING TO PAINT AT THE BELLMONT TUNNEL AND AROUND MY NEIGHBORHOOD.THEN I MOVED BACK TO ABQ,MY BROTHER HAD HOOKED UP WITH AMEN AND AGREE BY THEN WE CLICKED UP,AND WE STARTED KILLING SHIT.GMW(MHC STYLE)ATK ELITE IN MY OPINION,AND YOU HAD CMF HEADS.BASICALLY EVERYBODY WAS THERE!!!!ME AND AMEN STARTED KILLING SHIT!!!!!!UNTIL THIS DAY THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANYBODY THAT CAN TOUCH ROF IN BOMBING,AMEN IS THE ILLEST FROM ABQ,IM SECOND ILLEST AND I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO SHADE ALSO1!!!!!!!!REST IN PEACE AGREE THANK YOU FOR INFLUENCING ME WITH THROW UPS AND EVERYTHING!!!!WORD TO DOC1 IM STILL KILLING UP SHIT MY BROTHER!BASICALLY ABQ AINT THE SAME AS IT USED TO BE,LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE!EVEN THOUGH THERE IS ALOT A HATERS,ILL ALWAYS LIVE HERE!!!!!!!!PEACE OUT!!!!!!!I KNOW IM GONG TO WRITE FOREVER, the original sofa1/:D

THERE'S VERY FEW IF ANY WRITERS WHO REMEMBER THE "ROCKBERRY" AND "BUS DIS" WALLS IN THE EARLY 80'S 83-84. I HAVE CONNECTOR SHOTS BUT AM NOT GOING TO POST EM ON HERE (SORRY IF YOU MISSED EM) BUT THAT WAS THE SHIT BACK IN THE DAY AND STILL IS TO ME..GRAFF STARTED IN THE STIX AND SAN JOSE. MUCH LOVE TO AGREE FOR THE ADVICE AND INSPIRATION. YA SEE BACK THEN THERE WAS NO MAGS, NO INTERNET BOMBING, ETC, JUST TONS AND TONS OF PICS AGREE BROUGHT FROM N.Y. THE FEELING OF LOOKING THROUGH THEM PHOTO'S WAS INCREDIBLE, I'VE SEEN TOP NIGGAS PHOTOS' FROM THE BRONX BUT IT AINT THE SAME AS BEING YOUNG AND LOOKING THROUGH THAT SHIT. (IF YOU WERE AROUND YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING) AGREE IN SHORT WAS A KING OF STYLE, A GOOD RACKER, AND A NICE GUY..TO BAD HE HAD TO GO OUT LIKE THAT BUT NOW HE'S A LEGEND..R.I.P AGREE!!!!

IF ANY OF YOU OLDER CATS WANT TO PAINT HIT ME UP AND LETS GET DOWN AND ROCK SOME SHIT FOR AGREE OR JUST PAINT. I DONT GIVE A SHIT LET'S DO THIS... PESA/ SNAKE /STRIKE/ OS..OHH YEAH EAT AT BARELAS CAFE...

damn,rockberry?that's deep,all i did back then was puff,skate and jam nirvana.agree,briks,went,stack,and temper were definitely my first piece idols,bombing,uct and all them,but my real influences came from sofa,cast,trust,rock,link,sot,rfb,47n,apd,bd,gys,damn,now that i look back,i wouldn,t have grown up any where else.iagree with jesse,this place will always be my home. and definitely eat at the barelas coffe house/cafe!barelas barrio controlamos firme enchiladas ese!!!!!!

Guest Media OEC

I am one of the up and coming writers in ABQ. now...I been writing for about 2 years.. Theres so much I could say about the Albuquerque scene and unfortunatly its not mostly good. COmpared to 10 + years back the scene in Burque now is really shitty...but for some reason I love it here...And I realy can't explain why..I have lived here all my life and could never picture living anywhere else...I love to walk Central all day long...And it seems everyone here knows each other... As for the graff scene theres not much crazy bombing....As well as the new school writers I am still influenced by the originators...one writer imparticular would be my homie Chides uncle Temper from Too Zany Crew... I have seen crazy shit he draws up..like characters and throwee styles that are just nasty...And then he bombs like fuck too...more recently actually he has been getting up...I have seen some dope spots he gets...but as for me when i frist stared writing I was influenced by the people who were bombing my neighborhood the most: Amre, Bale, TCK, Abno, Rock, Pex... And then I would drive to school everyday and seen the freeways all hit up by Snake and Dash... thier shit really influenced me too....Now i am trying to write all of this while intoxicated and trying not to sound like a toy....because graff is my life....I paint and bomb as much and as often as possible...as soon as I can get paint I usually end up using it within 2-3 days...I am still young and its hard for me to get up being that I can't drive....I won't fade away like some of the other fake toys coming up now...hopefully in the far future people will remember me and the younger gneration will look up to me as i look up to those before me....PEACE

ROCKBERRY WAS A BREAKER FROM THE BRONX STYLE CREW..THEM AND THE MAGESTIC FLOOR WARRIORS USED TO BE THE BEST BACK IN THE DAY...REMEMBER THAT SHIT? ANYWAYS HERE'S A FAMOUS QUOTE FROM INFAMOUS AGREE..."YO YO YO YOU GOT BEEF?!" DAMN R.I.P....

fuck yeah!

the burque running thick as a motherfucker in here!

i don't even typically curse but damn!

the kindred i have with the burque is very real and it's because all of us experienced what we experienced and it's the same thing.... fun fun fun

i know exactly what all of you guys are trying to explain and how it felt to us all growing up in the desert trying to figure graffiti out... not having anything to look at except what was out in the streets... walking through the ditch in the middle of i-44 to aerosol kingdom trying to find good walls. i met wisk in the when i was 13 there i'm effin' glad he stuck with it like everybody else seems to have. what grey said about agree creating a monster man that's the truth... i remember he told my homie vince the same guy that got me into graffiti to begin with in the 6th grade.... he told vince not to get down on himself for being wack or whatever because he had already been painting for 10 years and it takes a while... man that's fucking heart!

great lesson for all you internet nerds dissing all these kids cheating by flexing all their flicks on the net. go out into the streets and meet up with real writers and get personal advice 1 on 1.

i also know what you guys are saying with getting dissed... man i got straight up dissed through out my pathetic career there. talk about toy:(

anyways i wanna know if you guys remember rex and micro... somebody mentioned CMF>.. man i remember when that crew first came out... talk about living up to the crew name... CRAZY MOTHER FUCKERS!

that's exactly what they were when they painted...

i definitely remember the west side ROCK destruction... easily the COPE 2 of the burque to me. i'm not trying to be all comparing but man he was dope as fuck way back then and he's still in it painting representing the same crew that I idolized in my childhood days.

Originally posted by post.

wow, I don't miss Albuquerque, although I do like this post.

I love Roo- Although i wasn't there for too long (probably beginning in around '96) and I had just barely wet my toes in the graffiti world, its funny what you said, because I can't help but wonder if you may have been there in one of those girl's rooms I ended up in, sketching or whatever, 2face drawings all over the walls....

Word! I moved away in the summer of 96 and was pretty much drunk every day leading up to that time. Between my unemployment checks and my friend's plasma money, we managed to round up a couple o six packs and a big fat dinner almost everyday.

yeah i remember that piece in the with the rockberry wall. there was a "sticks" piece one there. i remember in highschool me and desk were trying to get rid of a hot car. we drove to the sticks and there was maaad mack crack dealers running up to the car every ten feet. that was back when black gangs were really big (1990-91). man you couldnt drive without fool running up trying to get in and slang crack. looking back it was fucked that we would go down there all the time. agree actually ended up with that car and that kind SETH (dirtboy) ratted him out kind of but he didnt get busted.

crazy times.

Guest DRIPONERS

like rags said itt just calls us out im a new jack only writing for like a a year or so but i've like graf for awhile. just remembering ike 97 98 looking at trains go by with graff all over them. then seeing the wall by my house that giant did, then a wall the tck would hit like every week end just really nice tags every where then bombing on the highway bridge walls i would see like every day. now that im in the scene i get my ups. took awhile to meet people cz when i started i started just me. no one else then i meet my partners in school and they already ben writing longer than me. i meet my homie ikon and he showed me books withe strike dash roc pex venus and all this big heads in the 505. i was like damn. then i started to paitn bridge and any one painting knows that all the tck heagds will roll by there and where i was bombing is where there shit sis also they gave me respect and props on my ups then i meet alot pof the heads from the east side. but now in burque its all about nice complex peices rarely you see a bomb fill in bill board or even a tag in paint any where unless its westside or true city crossing each other i just wish they would make all our yards legal to go to like rat holes tramway well enuf bullshit i just wantted to state my opinon on here just wanna give shouts to act for starting this tread i never have meet ou but i hope i can shout to all the heads that started the scene and to all us that still are going

Guest Media OEC

I have this one old school flick for everyone to check out...It says North Side and was done by Temper and Ferm 2ZC I don't know when exactly..I;m guessing early ninties?? it was a while back for sure:

heres the link click here to view it: http://www.pbase.com/image/3482125

True True

Sofa tells it like it was and is. That wall off Broadway was some shit too! I remember all of those pieces stacked up on top of each other. (Care to see a flick? Or shall we keep it in the classified files?) This dude Wisdom, introduced me to graffiti in the beginning. I first started noticing Kevin, Cast, Crush tags everywhere. Weird to think that there were people doing their shit without any type of outside influences,no mags or internet, maybe if you were lucky you could rack that subway art book from Hastings (Remember the fuckin easiest racks at Standard Brands, that place went out of business for a reason). And strange to think bombing came out of the middle of nowhere. The innate desire for someone, living in the desert, to pick up a marking device and engrave one's self expression predates itself prehistorically...only five minutes away from Monolithic...the Petroglyphs National Park Monument, nesteled in the lower region of our dormant volcanoes. I'm high and should probably shut up now. Anyways, it's cool that we can all come together on this thread. If you got some picks of 505 styles show 'em. Barelas Cafe es el mejor!!!!Pasen lo bien Carnales!!!!

From Flatbush to Martinez Town.http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00228575f00000009.jpg'>

Act ATK 2002http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00228575f00000010.jpg'>

Guest WebsterUno

***HOLY SHIT***

Originally posted by sixteenvandals

my intro to albuquerque graff was:

before that it was stuff like: VEL, LCL, ESSJ, (all gangs)

16v.

Oh no you didnt!

Los Carnales Locos!

East San Jose!

I grew up in Martinez Town.

I used to know a guy that did graff.

Way before I evem knew what graff was.

He rode an orange bike.

I think thats the piece he did in our hood.

It was in a backstreet, on a new wall that

had just got put up. Around 87.

I dont remember his real name, but it was cool.

It was a long ass wall.

Ill ask my homey to see if he can flick it

and email it to me, asap. Damn, I just got

a crazy flashback. Damn I miss Albq.

I saw a girl get fucked into LCL. They all

went to my school. VMT was the set in my hood

though. I almost got jumped into VMT back in the

day. Damn, straight flashback. Thanx.

Archived