Early Albuquerque-The Hidden Graff Gem!

actyourage

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest o.g.sofa1

MHC-GYS-KMH-DFL DAYS!!!

eba00229920f00000009.jpg THANKS TO AROE!I JUST GOT SOME OLD PICTURES OF MINES,EVEN THOUGH I WAS KILLING THE STREETS I ALWAYS LIKED TO DO SOME PIECES.I KNOW THERE WAS WRITERS WAY BEFORE ME IN BURQUE,I JUST THOUGHT SINCE ACT PUT UP AN OLD BURQUE STYLE THREAD I WOULD POST MY SHIT UP!I KNOW SOME OF MY SHIT IS FUNKY LOOKING.BUT WHO CARES!RIGHT PEACE TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!sofa1/tums/sbf/rof/edk/mhc>>>>>>>

I wish i could do graff the way Agree did. he had it all. i was pretty lousy at graff when i was hanging out with agree, we racked a lot and just went crazy every day. he really showed me that it took 100% to really get mine and not to take shorts. i wish he could see that i stuck with it and got good. when he died i was just starting to get pretty good. either way i owe everything to agree.

if anyone has flicks of Agree pieces, tags, or throwups let me know because i will get these flicks in a book that is coming out so agree can get some credit which is long overdue.

16v. ATK.

Yes indeed..One of the best posts yet and still has much potential.When i started writing,it was all these abq cats that influenced me by leading by example.I remember seeing the little pbs story on the monolithic and a lowrider magazine with a firme impala and a baaad ruca posing in front of an insanely dope Agree peice.the hidden graff gem is right!I'm real glad i was coming up in that enviorment and not the one thats goin on nowadays.Peace and respect to all the cats that influenced me and had the opportunity to chill with.I never met Doc or Agree but i was deffinatly aware and in awe of guys like them.Also Stack 2zc,Vez,Giant,Went,etc.Big up to the all the people that were around during those good times.Peace to,Grey,Desk,Sofa,Doas,Clue(Cinch),Jolt,2face,Amen,Kmh,

Atk,Aot,Bd,Swc and all the other fresh crews.And big up to Act for bringin back the funk.I still got the mag u put out way back then.

if anyone has flicks of Agree pieces, tags, or throwups let me know because i will get these flicks in a book that is coming out so agree can get some credit which is long overdue.

16v. ATK. [/b]

just hit up rock and pek's site www.ill-kids.com or e-mail directly to them at illkids@hotmail and they'll be sure to take care of you.their putting together a video documentary with shock,agree,link,etc. R.i.P. SHOCKONE

Guest o.g.sofa1

all time kings

word to my brother AGREE/ATK/MHC!!!!! word to the homeboy TANKakaCASTakaAMEN1 STRAIGHT KILLING MACHINE!!!!!RENEGADES OF FUNK>>>>>> FOR RESPECT TO AGREE! I GOT PLENTY OF AGREES PIECES AND PICTURES OF HIM,HIT ME UP JONAS! YOU KNOW HOW TO GET A HOLD OF ME! INSANE AGREE! sofa_fue_ia_amen_most hated!!!!!!!!:king:

yo, not to push the issue, cause i asked earlier and got no response, but can any of you cats explain the ABQ history to the rest of us (cats like me that enjoy hearing how scenes developed).....my curiousity is for a few reasons: 1. the amount of great writers that came out of a relatively small city and 2. the coincidence that abno, kema, and vez were all in philly this past week (seperately, too!), and i watched them chat up some ABQ stuff.

coming from philly, whose history is often common knowledge, im always into hearing how other cities came about...how far does graff go back in NM? whose credited as starting it? AGREE seems to have an east coast piecing style, is that far off? help me out yall!!!! im diggin all this visual history.....but its short on substance.

I started way after everybody, in like 95, and Albuquerque sure wasn't an easy place to learn. Everyone knows each other, and has something to say about each and every person. I think the only person who really showed me technique and style was 2Face. He showed me how to bomb, how to draw, and taught me never to draw with a pencil, and didn't stop making fun of me the entire time. He made fun of my letters, my drawings, my can control, my name (which I changed every other day) - everything! But he showed me the fun and humor in a graffiti world so full of drama and bullshit.

That's what I like to remember about Albuquerque (that and all the drinking and crying). And I still have a picture of him stuffing something large up his nose!

Abq Hist

I'll try to make it short. My memories start about 1988. Stack had his thing going on with 2ZC. Meanwhile Wisdom and Rock and some old USK kids had their shit going on. Giant was coming out of the woodworks bombing the freeways and shit. This dude named Doc came out from LA to go to college at our university, about the same time Agree came out to the dessert straight from Flatbush. Agree hooked up with Rock, Last, Wisdom, Doc, and Agree, plus more and resurrected his crew ATK, All Time Kings-Albuquerque Top Kings. Agree was like our father-schooled us in every direction, racking, bombing, burning, introduced us to NY styles, to sneeking into places, shit like that. Doc schooled kids on dope ass LA fills. Agree created an army of dope ass writers who have and will always be faithful to the graffiti realm. I'll be out in Philly next week some time, actually after the 15th. Send me an e-mail if you want more details. If this small history lesson does not sound complete, please add in more details Los Burquenos!

elacto@hotmail.com

Archived