DEATH METAL,BLACK METAL,GRINDCORE,etc.....

Guest mafIAkilla

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just can't deal w/ rhapsody (of fire) anymore.

shits just tooo outlandish to be entertaining. i can't listen to more than a song or two before i'm annoyed... i really can't handle too much power metal beyond blind guardian or edguy/avantasia anymore.

i think when this thread started it was just a metal in general thread.. kraeons post was almost all hardcore. i dono....

and m4w--why hate on children of bodom???

meh i dunno, i still love Rhapsody. yea they are outlandish but i still enjoy listening to it occasionally.

same with Cannibal Corpse. i still like them. they were better with Barnes though, but their new stuff is still good.

its one of those "if it aint broken dont fix it" things, for both of those bands. in my eyes anyway.

ah.

i think it serves its purpose, it can definitely be taken to far (epic hollywood symphonic metal) but i know i don't like grind or grindcore... so i know i don't have to bother checking a band out.

when i hear "hobbit folk metal" i think its retarded, but i know i like folk metal a lot...

i like that there is clarification between bands like eluveitie /agalloch/btbam/etc and bands like job for a faggot/six feet under/cattle decap/etc

if we take it all away we get korn and disturbed thrown in... i dono, like i said it serves its purpose.

(rhapsody's knightrider of doom just came up on my itunes... NEXT!)

Hobbit Folk Metal? That's some funny shit, and new to me....It seems like every other day somebody comes up with their own sub genre for metal. Fuck that and elitist that say dumb shit trying to convince regular music fans like myself that their sub genre is the shit and more metal than me.

I'll stick to Slayer , Pantera, Acid Bath, and Ministry no matter how uncool they may be...I don't need hobbits in my metal.

hobbit folk metal was a term i heard in jest to describe FINNTROLL back when "jakten's tid" first hit the US.

it makes sense if you know the band/album.

you can definitely apply it to the LOTR movies...

its not a matter of convincing the non-music-geeks that our subgenres are better, its just a pretty in depth analyzation of the song structure.

its for music geeks. and it works for those that are knowledgeable in music theory, and not for those that aren't.

it has its place sometimes...

318_logo.jpg

1044_logo.JPG

(anyone know what the sample is from on "rape camp"...?)

22912_logo.jpg

lately anyways..........

and i'll never ever stop listening to gorgoroth and pig destroyer.....ever.

These guys are badass. I drank a bunch of beer with them after their set, when I saw them last.

Archived