Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Canadiano

The YOUNG ONES!

Guest Canadiano

don't ask me how I just remembered. Anyone else have memories of this show?

http://www.used-blues.com/images.d/website/young-ones-c64.jpg'>

http://epguides.com/YoungOnes/logo.jpg'>

who was your favourite character? they were all sick!

The Young Ones

Programme Summary

One of the programmes that brought 'alternative' comedy to British television screens, complete with rambling plots, 'comic asides' and 'musical interludes'. It concerns the daily life and 'adventures' of a group of students living in a sleazy house.

Rick (Rik Mayall) is a fanatical disciple of Cliff Richard, eager to protest his lack of virginity at every opportunity.

Vyvyan (Adrian Edmondson) is a total nutter, hell bent on bringing about maximum mayhem and destruction.

Neil (Nigel Planer) is a hippy type who does most of the cooking (mainly with lentils) and cleaning (what there is of it).

Mike (Christopher Ryan) is a smoothie, totally out of step with the rest of the no-hope loonies in the house.

Alexei Sayle appears as various members of the Balowski family and contributes a variety of short 'asides' during episodes.

^^ cut and pasted from www.phill.co.uk/comedy/young/

Man that was such an awesome show!

What was that one that Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson did afterwards? That was pretty funny as well.....

I have a tape full of Young Ones episodes that, thanks to you, I am now going to watch.......

Guest Canadiano

^^ bastard! I haven't watched one episode in about six years! You lucky fucking asshole!

i forgot what the other show was called, and I just vaguely remember it.

^^^^

Yeah I just remembered it was called Bottom. That was hilarious, too.....

They played that shit on YTV at like 3 in the morning.....

Guest Canadiano

yeah! nice! i didn't know they had ytv in albta, still.

Originally posted by Canadiano

yeah! nice! i didn't know they had ytv in albta, still.

Hahaha....man YTV is Canada wide. Remember YTV Phil, or whatever his name was, that Filipino dude with the long hair who always played his guitar......?

Guest Canadiano

yeah yeah! Phil - he chilled out after school with that purple tv dude that was really funny. He had those metal robot arms. Now they got that girl who acts and sounds like she's a baby. For real, she looks like she is 25 or something, but has the voice of a child...man, I'd fuck the shit out of her.

Anyway, it's all about the panty shots in Sailor Moon, and You Can't Do That On Television. Oh, and Video Arcade Top 10.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Hahaha....man YTV is Canada wide. Remember YTV Phil, or whatever his name was, that Filipino dude with the long hair who always played his guitar......?

man that guy was a buster.

Guest HELLSATAN

i remember the young ones that shit was hilarious but bottom was

a whole lot better

Guest Canadiano

Bottom - that was the one with that flat upstairs, right? yeah, that shit was really, really funny, but I have an inkling towards Young Ones. You guys think there is any way I could find out about where to purchase vids of these shows? I don't wanna have to write into TV Talkback in the local newspaper.

Originally posted by Canadiano

Bottom - that was the one with that flat upstairs, right? yeah, that shit was really, really funny, but I have an inkling towards Young Ones. You guys think there is any way I could find out about where to purchase vids of these shows? I don't wanna have to write into TV Talkback in the local newspaper.

I think you can rent like videos with maybe 5 episodes on each at Blockbusters or Rogers or places like that. I remember seeing them once....

That one chick's voice is so annoying but so friggin sexy at the same time.....

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by Legal Speed

vyvyan! you bastard!

I'm not a virgin!

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

That one chick's voice is so annoying but so friggin sexy at the same time.....

you've seen that annoying crispy crunch commercial series right? guess who the "wicked!" girl is.....

i remember watching that shit. the fucker with the studs in his head (Vyvyan i think) always cracked me up. now that is punk rock!

Guest NATO

classic programme they used to show the repeats on UK Play a while back but that was before digital TV went down the shitter. i think the one where they go on university challenge is my favourite episode.

for those interested, I just found out that they released THE YOUNG ONES entire series on DVD this past week. It also includes BOTTOM, and this next show I don't believe I've ever seen before...um...FILTHY RICH AND CATFLAP.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this