Wonder Years

Grandola

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-

i used to have a crush on this girl fred savage went out with named becky...i think that was her name...it was the ice rink episode where he was going with becky but still jocked that dark haired chick...i thuoght she was a ute little white hoe and my 10 year old ass was sweatring her for a hot one!

the only Becky I can think of is Becky Slater, who was a nerd that Kevin had problems with. They ran against each other in the Junior High elections. I used to think Kevin was a nerd because he didn't get with that gorgeous Madeline chick that was all over him after Winnie broke up with him the first time.

Anyone remember the last episode? All I remember is that they explained that the dad dies two years later of a heart attack, Winnie and Kevin drift apart. Kevin gets with and marries a next girl. Winnie moves to France, or something. That's all I recall.

• 4 months later...

How About "Taxi"?

Another cool ass show with great actors. First thing I ever saw Danny DeVito in. I've seen some of the rest of them in other stuff. Christopher Lloyd, of course, hit the All-Time Mother Lode Jackpot with the "Back to the Future" movies. I LOVED Marilu Henner, but for some reason hercareer just seems to have fizzled. Andy Kaufman (Latka Gravas) died of cancer (dammit--what a fucking talent HE was.) I saw Carol Kane in a few movies, and Tony Danza had that TV show (ugh.)

But what happened to Jeff Conaway, or Randall Carver, or J. Alan Thomas? They just got kicked to the curb.

Judd Hirsch seems to almost always play that same part--Alex Reiger. Anybody see "Running on Empty" with River Phoenix and CHRISTINE LAHTI? That beautiful woman really made that movie pull together.

If you want to see the no-shit REAL DEAL, find "Underground" by Emile de Antonio (1976--the year I enlisted in the Marine Corps.) It has all of America's favorite New Left heroes--Billy Ayers, Kathy Boudin, Bernardine Rae Dohrn, Jeff Jones and Kathy Wilkerson, telling us how they are going to smash the State from within the Belly of the Beast.

Sort of like Japanese soldiers on forgotten Pacific atolls, still fighting WWII in 1965.

Archived