Wonder Years

Grandola

joe cocker did do a cover of that song...i should know since i have the wonder years soundtrack, also not to mention....on tape. i got it a very very long time ago. i am a looser.

i wonder if i am that much older than canadiano. but i am all about older music. i rememer in like the 5th grade in catholic school, we had to present a paper of our favorite bands, artists, etc. i was the only one who named an older songstress....billy holiday. my teacher, which of whom was a nun, thought i was weird.

my parents has all the beatles albums. i grew up listening to them, the who, billy holiday, nina simone, santana, mama cass, bob dylan, carole king, earth wind and fire, janis joplin and so much more. and not once have i ever doubted my taste in these music artists. i never veered away from them. i still have the albums laying aorund and once in a while i'll pull it out and reminisce about the childhood that i did have. i think that is why i am not embracing the new music that i hear everyday.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Canadiano

geez, man. It slipped my mind that it was off Sgt. Peppers! Anyways, the actual theme song is by Joe Cocker, so i'm not so wrong!

for what it's worth, I was listening to Happiness Is A Warm Gun about five minutes ago...?

white album, i think.

Guest Canadiano

I'm 21, turning 22, and Summertime by janis is on now.

does anyone think it to be wierd that at the Queen's Jubilee Bash, Joe Cocker sang that "Help From My Friends" song instead of something original? Well, then again, McCartney was there, and it is an English song, rather than American, so...

see i'm not much older than you are afterall!!

Summertime, time, time,

Child, the living’s easy.

Fish are jumping out

And the cotton, Lord,

Cotton’s high, Lord, so high.

Your daddy’s rich

And your ma is so good-looking, baby.

She’s looking good now,

Hush, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,

No, no, no, no, don’t you cry.

Don’t you cry!

when i heard bobby mcgee for the first time, i cried. i was in the 6th grade and out of catholic school.

**edit because i forgot to add...cheap thrills.

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by Devilush

i should know since i have the wonder years soundtrack, also not to mention....on tape. i got it a very very long time ago. i am a looser.

that's not so bad. I would run around the house bucking the Star Trek: TNG theme loud. This being just a few years ago. Same with Dead Kennedys, except my neighbours (the kids were about my age) complained becuase it was always at 7:00am, before school.

Wonder Years soundtrack? I would have envied you if I went to your school.

Originally posted by 82

man, i was hooked on this show. they show reruns on tnn from time to time... the episode that is standing out most in my mind is when kevin and his dad build the treehouse and both "fall in love" with the woman next door. if you think about what goes on in the episode, its kinda fucked up and a bit crazy, but just let the voiceover come in at the end and make it all right...

Hell yes.

Originally posted by Canadiano

that's not so bad. I would run around the house bucking the Star Trek: TNG theme loud. This being just a few years ago.

Wonder Years soundtrack? I would have envied you if I went to your school.

ya ya ya you know you just did that like last week.;)

i used to bump minor threat every morning before school, my mom hated me.

please, you envy me now cuz i have it. ppppshhhhh.

Re: love at first bite

Originally posted by xdyingfetusx

i loved that show with a passion growing up.

Some one once told me that the nerdy kid with the glasses (forget his name) is actually marylin manson?

any clarification on this?

i've also heard that.. but im pretty sure its just a rumor

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by suburbian bum

haha you actually think she is hot? She looks like everyother farm chick around here.

that's probably why I like her. I don't know any farm chicks, but I wish I did!

King Bling, You Rock!

Love that pic second from the top. That's our girl all right. Every guy who was a teenager in the '60s has a Girlfriend Story. I only wish that my girlfriend stories were about a cutie like Winnie Cooper. And please, don't tell me Danica McKellar smokes crack and has a lesbian lover--I DON'T want to know, LOL. The Girl Next Door--she rocks forever.

P.S. Her sister Crystal is pretty much hot shit too.

• 3 months later...

^ the treehouse episode.

Zesto, I think that the two are incomparable. They had different intentions. Degrassi was more of an educational show, while Wonder Years was...idunno - but it was good. I watch it whenever I can on CTS at 7. Wonder Years was deep, man...real deep.

Ya know I could read KaBar's posts all day long. Take note all you fuckers. If you are gonna waste bandwidth at least do it with the technical skills such as KaBar. He is articulate and well spoken. I can almost picture EVERYTHING he presents.

God dahmit.

And now back to taking a poo poo and jerking off to "Winnie Fan Club" pics.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

i used to have a crush on this girl fred savage went out with named becky...i think that was her name...it was the ice rink episode where he was going with becky but still jocked that dark haired chick...i thuoght she was a ute little white hoe and my 10 year old ass was sweatring her for a hot one!

Archived