Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jewish Task Force

What ever happened to...

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest virus

it dipress u when u try somthing for a long time and then it dosent work

Guest YinzerXpress

its definatly better to learn shit on your own, esp when it comes to paint techniques and shit, so you can find out the shit you are good at and like to do... i also like to make crazy markers, and im getting into the ink making arena as well, shit is dope

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

What ever happened to finding shit out on your own?

simple and plain

people got lazy

I just dont like the fact that graffiti is pre-packaged nowadays. It makes it too easy and any old asshole can do it. You have all these idiots that are in-it-for-a-minute that blow shit up for the real dedicated writers that have been in the game for years and the writers that have just started but have a genuine love and dedication to graffiti.

This is the age of information, not only graffiti is experiencing a deteriorating sense of craftsmanship. Everything is prepackaged nowadays, you don´t really have to know anything to get by anymore.

How many people can actually build something with their own hands?

Not many, and this is how it is with most crafts, people are getting lazy.

Traditional craftsmanship where someone did something by themselves, and not just put together prefabricated parts, is dying.

Guest CRYrock81

you break my heart into a thousand peices.......and you say its because i deserve better?????

you cant live in the past,and for better or worse,the internet has changed grafitti,i think its mostly better,true kids arent learning by trial and error,which is a shame,but this new generation of kids who only see it on the internet,the ones that stick with it will kill the suburbs,and go to college,or just relocate to big cities,and get up,more writers=less buff,and as usual,the fronters will get hated and the good ones will get hated even more

i have only been writin for like a year and half but y the fuck do kids/peers think its so damn cool like man ur a tagger i cant stand the fact of a non writer knowin i write. ??

Finding out stuff on youre own was great, more rewarding, more sacred. I personally believe that boards like 12 oz. are going to responsible for the demise of many writers and graffiti in general. People come in here and immediatly incriminate themselves, on a fame-seeking impulse. Thats totally the wrong way to go about it. Flicks are great when you looking at the actual picture,among trusted friends, but when its put on the internet - You increase the risk of being caught. Which I dont feel as "worth it" a few heads give you props and cops take your name and anything they can find out about down on paper. The fuckin Vandal Squads doesnt get paid for nothing. (in reality they do, but thats another story)

Self promotion via internet = Bad idea

Guest FACELIFT

JEWISH TASK FORCE JUST SOUNDS LIKE SOME OLD-ASS NEW YORK TRAIN WRITER WHOSE IDEA OF "BOMBING" WAS TO BRING TWO PIZZA PIES AND A CASE OF BEER TO A LAY-UP YARD IN THE BRONX AND PAINT FOR SEVEN HOURS, WHO NOW CALLS GRAFFITI "PLAYED OUT, EASY, AND SOFT."

I'M SURE I'M NOT ANY YOUNGER THAN JEWISH TASK FORCE, I OBVIOUSLY THINK GRAFF IS PATHETICALLY MORE ACCESSIBLE, BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT.

DON'T GET BITTER AND STANK, WHINING BECAUSE YOUR ROMANTICALLY IDEALIZED "SACRED" AND "UNDERGROUND" PASSION IS NOW A CORPORATE MARKETING STRATEGY IT'S A REALITY.

PLUS, IF YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY MADE THE SEX A COUPLE YEARS LATER, YOU WOULD BE THE SAME FUCKING TOY THAT YOU'RE SO IRATE ABOUT. DEFINETLY, SO DON'T LIE TO YOURSELF.

Yeah I agree with you JEWTF. But I don't like the fact that If I ask a simple question like "where is the marsh at cuz I can't find any" that I get fools talkin about how I should research my shit and search for it, put in work instead of lookin for quick and easy answers. I fuckin have for years and every lead go's shitty. I don't like to network or meet new writers so I find it harder to get certain products.

Originally posted by FACELIFT

JEWISH TASK FORCE JUST SOUNDS LIKE SOME OLD-ASS NEW YORK TRAIN WRITER WHOSE IDEA OF "BOMBING" WAS TO BRING TWO PIZZA PIES AND A CASE OF BEER TO A LAY-UP YARD IN THE BRONX AND PAINT FOR SEVEN HOURS, WHO NOW CALLS GRAFFITI "PLAYED OUT, EASY, AND SOFT."

I'M SURE I'M NOT ANY YOUNGER THAN JEWISH TASK FORCE, I OBVIOUSLY THINK GRAFF IS PATHETICALLY MORE ACCESSIBLE, BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT.

DON'T GET BITTER AND STANK, WHINING BECAUSE YOUR ROMANTICALLY IDEALIZED "SACRED" AND "UNDERGROUND" PASSION IS NOW A CORPORATE MARKETING STRATEGY IT'S A REALITY.

PLUS, IF YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY MADE THE SEX A COUPLE YEARS LATER, YOU WOULD BE THE SAME FUCKING TOY THAT YOU'RE SO IRATE ABOUT. DEFINETLY, SO DON'T LIE TO YOURSELF.

Its Amazing how stupid you are.

well i havent been doin graf for nearly as long as most of the cats talkin in this thread, but i personally feel the internet and most new graf media as an inspiration to go write, like a skater would watch a skate video to get him pumped for skating. i dont use the internet as a how to, or read the 12 oz threads so i can find things out i couldnt find out on my own. i think the new age of graf is one where writers can unite and share ideas, not hate or find quick and easy 'graffiti writer tutorials'. and since i dont really know many other people near me that write, if i didnt have the internet or magazines i would have no idea what kind of styles are going on around the world. however i do agree that the mailorder graf shops take things a bit too far. thats my piece

I came here because I like looking at peoples flicks and they're here in abundance... If the board has taught me anything its not to become an elitist prick who yells "TOY" at everyone who has the balls to post shit here... if I wanted to do that I'd become an upper class art snob. :twitch:

basically, someone can tell you how good/bad a certain brand/color of paint is, or how permanent a certain ink is, but until you see for yourself you'll never know completely. this thread is an inspiration for me... not just what JTW said, but as a whole. thanks.

What ever happened to finding shit out on your own? When I first started writing there was no internet, there were no magaiznes, there were no mailorder or walk in shops for graff shit. I mean, I had more fun trying new pens, inks, paints, etc. than actually doing the graff. now you have all these kids coming on here and asking questions, ordering pre packaged graffiti shit, reading mags(no disrespect to mags), and reading books(no diss either). I didnt find out about any books or videos until I had been writing for about 5 years. Its great that kids are getting into graff because of these things, dont get me wrong, but I mean cmon, find out about shit on yur own, please. It just makes you love and appreciate graffiti just that much more. Just dont ask dumb questions, if you are wondering how something works or how to make something, try it. Hey, who knows, in the process you might learn something new. It seems like that integral part of graffiti is going away.

On a side note: If you have all the best markers, paints, caps, inks, etc. It doesnt make you a better writer. You cant buy skill. You still have to put in work and do graffiti. That is the only thing that will make you better. Dedication, time, skill and a love for what you are doing.

i havent been writing nearly as long as anyone. however, i agree with you 100%... but there is also another side to argu

if people learn on their own, they might learn the wrong way creating spots that get heated out and beef between writers... but you could also say thats one more thing to learn. shits tough, no real chill spots around my area unless you want to hang out behind a building and fuck around.. but thats no way to get up, all i want to do is hardcore stuff, i just cant find the spots or i can find them but cant get to them... i geuss ill just have to LEARN ON MY OWN and find out how to get up on roofs, and other shit ay?... im glad you posted this thread, it along with everyones replies, totally makes me want to say fuck asking for feedback, and fuck what people htink... who needs to impress other people anyways? fuck those people who do shit for other people...

DO SHIT FOR YOURSELF YOU LONELY ASSHOLES!

;o) i am dedicated... i just need my liscence, then everything will be a-okay..

i think that this board exists for informative purposes....therefore, the point is moot, as far as i'm concerned. i will share tips with people but i generally keep the good stuff to myself. sorry kids, but that's life.

Yo, im young and a rookie, and probably guilty of some of the shit you guys are talkin about, but mostly I agree. Some kids just wanna look bad, like with cigarettes and rich kids shopliffting. Hell, at my school it was at one point COOL to have a tag, and no one used them. That pissed me and the only other two writters off, no doubt. Kids these days need to focus the paint they use on creating art and messages, not just bad boy immage. Can we get away from these gun toting messages scrawled on walls with no handstyle, please? how bout something more deep if your just gonna put up handstyle, and some pieces, please please please pieces, and good ones. Make those rooftops beautiful. I have to admit though, internet is nice in places where graffiti isnt prevolant. It makes it easier to get good paint and caps (there is only like one store in DC that sells caps, although i do make my own). Anyway, you guys are the vets, so i just thought id give you props and stuff....and dont worry, ive never said 'graffin'

Peace

personally, i think it's cute when kids start writing and they say things like, "what's a fat cap?" and "look at my new magnum! isn't it fresh?" but, it's sad when the kids are in their late twenties and still trying to catch up online. har-de-har-har-har.

Re: ..

Originally posted by SE4_2002

Another thing that annoy`s me is when they keep using the word"GRAFFIN" makes me cringe every time I hear it!

innnnnnnnnniiiiiiiittttt!!!!!