hardcore or emo

Guest Dyptheria

Guest Dyptheria

can someone turn an old timer on to some new bands?

as far as hardcore goes, i hate hopesfall and poison the well. boy set fire is a little too cheesy. i liked charles bronson, angel hair, honeywell, acme, swing kids, older rye coalition, etc...

the last thing i liked was Refused (post victory) (aside from the nation of ulysses aesthetic rip off, which takes a liitle away from them)

don't tell me about hatebreed or and earth crisis type shit. if you're not familiar with the bands i mentioned, you like a different school of hardcore that i can't stand. just stay out of this thread

as far as emo, if you thinking of stuff like The get up kids, dashboard confessional, or saves the day, please also keep your mouth shut on this one. I liked stuff like Still LIfe, Policy of Three, Unwound.

i wanna download a song or two, then actually buy the whole record if its good.

maybe there's at least three of you that knows what kind of music i'm talking about

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HELLSATAN

RAMBO-get the song "wall of death the system" or "U bar justice"

REINFORCE is pretty good if you like posi type 7 seconds stuff

ummmm HAYMAKER is some pretty pissed off hardcore

OXBAKER is awesome thrash stuff

thats all

Guest mafIAkilla
Originally posted by Fox Mulder

i think its funny how you all want the most underground of the underground

just listen to what you like. its funny, any person you find someone will always find someone who's tastes are more "hardcore" or "emo" than the next person.

yes,i find that interesting also.....take thursday for example.....when they were underground,everyone was buzzing about how great they were,but then they got on MTV and all of a sudden its not so cool to wear that thursday shirt anymore.....i never liked thursday anyways tho.....when it comes to hardcore i just stick to my dillenger escape plan,hopesfall,and poison the well.....

Guest Dyptheria
Originally posted by Fox Mulder

i think its funny how you all want the most underground of the underground

just listen to what you like. its funny, any person you find someone will always find someone who's tastes are more "hardcore" or "emo" than the next person.

i don't know who you're referring to, as for me, i'm just looking for music that matches my taste. i'm too old to have some elitist attitude based on the type of music i like. i'm not satisfied with hopesfall because their sound and the vibe they put out are pretty weak, not because of their fame.

bruno, thanks for the recommends. those two groups are right up my alley (i think).

binary, good job supplying the links.

mineral and fifteen are bands i listened to five years ago. i'm looking for new stuff.

anyway, thanks everyone for your input. you guys rock :P

i wasn't talking to anyone in particular. it just seems like there are people who will like a band because they are stereotypical band for that genre, or people who are the exact opposite and must find the most obscure band from that genre until they get a little famous, then they must find another less known.

"I rest my head, I close my eyes..."

It's all about the Portraits of Past LP!!!!!!!!!

I know that they are in a new band now, but I can't remember what they're called. Also, Yaphet Koto is amazing. They're more of the ebullition veign. You probably already know this stuff though. The Grade "And Such is Progress" LP is amazing. Again nothing very current. Oooo another good oldie. I don't listen to much new hc or emo. OH! What about Portrait from Atlanta? I guess that's the newest stuff I've heard. Racebannon too. hmmmmm...

DEATH THREAT... now i guess there are two bands with this name, but im talking about the one with HIS HERO IS GONE members. Its retro type HC, good fucking shit, not sure if you can find MP3's but buy the record if you can. IRON LUNG from Reno kills, um...CROSSED OUT. ASSHOLE PARADE, DESPISE YOU has a new one that is fucking incredible.LOS CRUDOS! there are a bunch more but my brain is hurting. I need to go to sleep.

Guest Dyptheria
Originally posted by CIPHER_one

You're the one asking a group of mostly 15 year olds to decided who you're going to listen to. I don't think you're in a place to decide who's taste is inferior.

actually the 15 year olds here are talking about downcast, Portaits of Past, His Hero is Gone, Crossed Out, etc... all music that I like. So apparantly some people know what i'm talking about. Rage on the other hand, suggests Inside Out on every hardcore thread, which was something i was listening to back in 1991. I'm assuming he only gave Inside out a chance due to his affinity for RATM. He obviously has no idea what kind of music i'm looking for. my comment was tongue in cheek. So yes, bring on the fifteen year old suggestions you guys know whats up...

More bands i discovered since the start of this thread

AM/FM

INternational Noise Conspiracy

Akimbo

The LIars (thanks big bruno)

Archived