Say Goodbye to the Hitachi

Guest Dipher

cool to see oz/nz get love.

i also like how funny toys are: at least 3 people on this thread think those trains got scrapped instead of buffed....haha. like they were like "oh, theres graff, fuck it, lets scrap it.."

theyre obviously scrapping the whole line, and why bother buffing a car thats headed for scrap?! kids are slow...but sometimes soo slow that its funny.

one question: i cant tell from the pics, but are these cars getting dumped in the ocean? nyc did that recently..its become the new solution to where to put these things...they sink them off the coast to anchor new coral/barrier reefs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ego trippin
Originally posted by cheerleader

cool to see oz/nz get love.

i also like how funny toys are: at least 3 people on this thread think those trains got scrapped instead of buffed....haha. like they were like "oh, theres graff, fuck it, lets scrap it.."

theyre obviously scrapping the whole line, and why bother buffing a car thats headed for scrap?! kids are slow...but sometimes soo slow that its funny.

one question: i cant tell from the pics, but are these cars getting dumped in the ocean? nyc did that recently..its become the new solution to where to put these things...they sink them off the coast to anchor new coral/barrier reefs

Thats not at all the reason why that train was dumped. They did that wholecar about 3, maybe 4 years ago, after the train had already been taken out of service. As far as i know, the train was destroyed about 2 years ago, whic was about a year before they decided to stop using those trains. Nuff said.

For a quick taste of melburns graffiti history, go to Graffiti Photofreaks. It's got things on there that i'm sure will be hard for you americans and europeans to accept.

Peace.

Guest Tikriminal
Originally posted by ego trippin

Thats not at all the reason why that train was dumped. They did that wholecar about 3, maybe 4 years ago, after the train had already been taken out of service. As far as i know, the train was destroyed about 2 years ago, whic was about a year before they decided to stop using those trains. Nuff said.

For a quick taste of melburns graffiti history, go to Graffiti Photofreaks. It's got things on there that i'm sure will be hard for you americans and europeans to accept.

Peace.

if anyone remembers, a few years back now, not sure exactly, they got rid of a whole lot of hitachis to bring more comengs into service.. at one stage they where selling carriages for $1000 each.. but the problem was you had to spend another $50,000 just to move the beast.. but they also scrapped a whole lot of them too.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

hey, where can i get a history lesson on aussie graff?

it is really odd that europe is so familiar to me but i couldnt tell you a thing about australia/NZ

here are a few questions:

How long have the trains been being hit?

Do they still get hit often?

Do they often run?

What are some of the more active writers?

What city seems to have the nicest scene?

Alright this would really help me out......

DROP ME A MAIL IF U COMING OUT

16v

Archived