Smoking Grooves

Guest Catch22

Guest Catch22

I went to smoking grooves this past friday. Shit was pretty cool. The lineup was Jurassic 5, the Roots, & Outkast. J5 is the fuckin shit! they shoulda headlined. Roots were cool but on a mellower vibe. Outkast was cool too but I'm not really into their shit. Anyways that's about it. Look for J5's new album. Personally I think they're the direction Hip-Hop should be going in. Overall it was a good concert.

"We aint Big Ballin', Shot Callin', we're takin it back to the Yes Y'ALLin"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, I wanted to see the smokin grooves but they don't come anywhere near my city. I saw J5 when they did that tour w/ dilated peoples, I can't remember the name of the tour. I like both groups a lot but the PA was all fucked and I couldn't hear shit. Then the bboys got into a "dance-fight" and I left. One of the j5 guys (numark I think) played a citar (sp?) on stage. I had mixed feelings about that.

But sounds like a good tour, I'm a fan of all those bands.

word is bond, yo.

i checked out that friday show, it was fun, outkast stole the show for me though, j5 is dope but they're much better in a smaller venue, and the roots are always good but i have seen them too many times, well not too many but they just don't amaze me live like they once were able to...nahmean? plus for j5 i was in my asssigned seat, the damn balcony but by outkast i was in the tenth row. too many shows out here.....damn!!! did cee-lo perform and i just missed it or waht?

Guest Catch22

I heard cee-lo was supposed to perform but I got their late. I do agree that outkast had the crowd going & was the livest etc. I'm just not into them as much. And seeing Rakim, hell yeah that would be cool if he walked right by me.

Archived