FLICK: The Road To Perdition

Guest --zeSto--

Guest --zeSto--

Tom Hank's best movie since Tuner and Hooch

http://www.spielberg-dreamworks.com/roadtoperdition/header/jpg/Header.jpg'>

Seriously.... SEE THIS MOVIE!!

Not only is it absolutely beautiful to watch,

and every single performance is incredible,

but it's an entirely new take on the new-world mob.

zesto's picks...

And the Oscar goes to...

Paul Newman, Best Suporting Actor

Conrad Hall, Cinematography

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

haven't seen it, but since my homeboy jude law is

in it i just might have to do a special deek and get in

for free.

I just saw it last weekend. Its a cool movie, no doubt, but its slow moving and has too much "I love you daddy" bullshit. Needs more mob killings. I would recommend it, but wait til it goes to the $2 theatre

Guest --zeSto--

^ yes... it is slow moving (for the MTV attention span)

I mean seriously, you want action packed, go see xxx.

This isn't an action movie, it's straight up drama, with a hint of action.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by shameless self promotion

Its a sad movie guys..

but it's got some funny moments... like driving that old ford! :lol:

It was slow moving for anyone who saw all the holes in the story and had to sit thought it all. And the ending?!@ oh come on, [ edited as to not give away the ending] straight cheeze.

I guess from the previews I was expecting more action/less drama. Its not a bad flick but everyone is building it up so much and its really not all that great.

The Gangs of New York: now thats one movie I can't wait to come out. Marty never fails.

Guest Ted Wakowski

Good fucking call Zesto. That movie was a class act. Great acting on all counts, beautiful lighting and camera movement, solid storyline, etc. The plot wasn't too complicated or full of twists but it wasn't a very plot-driven concept to begin with. Watching the relationships between all the characters and understanding their divided loyalties is what really stood out to me. The idea of revenge and blurred moral lines within Hanks' character also held my attention.

I could go on about this one. Classic shit in my opinion.

Guest --zeSto--

^ yes sir !

remember the line "A father's only true curse is is son" or something like that?

That theme got deep through out the relation between Hanks and his son, and Newman and his son.

And I saw the movie with my dad and he was nudging me while that line was said.

It was also interesting to see how some people were much more honerable than others.

(Compairng Newman's Character to Frank Nitti or the accountant)

And the speach Conrad gives Michael Jr about honour and loyality. whoa!

it was a good movie but a little too tailor made for the oscars. who cares if it gets oscars? theyre bullshit. look what won last year... a beautiful mind. one of the worst pieces of shit i ever had to sit through. disgusting, AND offensive. road to perdition was good though, and it will win several oscars including- best picture (because its dark so theyll look edgy, but not so dark that it scares away middleage middleclass white people), best supporting actor - paul newman (because he's old and hasn't gotten his props recently), and probably some other shit. best score probably. a better movie is Minority Report

• 5 months later...
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by WISE

It was slow moving for anyone who saw all the holes in the story and had to sit thought it all. And the ending?!@ oh come on, [ edited as to not give away the ending] straight cheeze.

I guess from the previews I was expecting more action/less drama. Its not a bad flick but everyone is building it up so much and its really not all that great.

The Gangs of New York: now thats one movie I can't wait to come out. Marty never fails.

Road to Perdition was a good movie, but like he said, built up too much and in the end completely predictable and a little disappointing in my opinion.

Gangs of New York, on the other hand, kicked ass in every way conceivable. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived