Would you be a school teacher?

wiseguy

High school's not too bad. It's MIDDLE SCHOOL that sucks a big one. No way would I teach middle school. But then again, I said I'd never work on an adolescent unit, and I said I'd never work adolescent psych. Obviously, I don't know shit.

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Grandola

i'd be a high school teacher. the whole summers off thing really appeals to me... plus i like telling people what do.

student: "Can i go to the bathroom?"

me: "No!"

haha...

when they tell me no, i just walk out of class.

Originally posted by willy.wonka

thats one of my dreams!!!!! you know how many schoolgirls i would be molestin?! ( a teachers joke )

ahahhah.....

my little brother (who is exceptionally smart) wants to teach high school english....it is honestly beyond me why when he has the opprotunity to go so much farther and he wants to be a teacher at a public school, deal with shit salary and bratty kids.....it obviously takes a very unselfish person to decide thats what they want to do with theyre lives, it can really only be motivated by wanting to help kids get a good education....it certainly isnt motivated by the pay or the ease of the job....

i have a high level of respect for men and women that teach public schools, teach correctly and actually care about these kids....

i know i would never do it....

unless i was teaching k-6, fuck being an art teacher. thats the most useless job in the world. the kids who want to do art will, and the kids who dont, will just waste everyones time. when kids are little they all love to make things.

im always toying with the idea of teaching... psych, political science, hell, maybe even writing... id teach any level, but id probably rather do highschool or junior high... actually, hell, i dont care... little kids kick ass too... whateves... just gimme a job an ill teach 'em...

Originally posted by boogie hands

to be a teacher at a public school, deal with shit salary

thats bullshit they're always bitching,but they make a fuckin lot.They always say they don't, but then why haven't one of my teachers lived in my city...Maybe one or two subs,but thats it

Hahahah, My thread is back from the dead!

I started this thread because i am genuinely thinking about persuing a career in that direction. I found out about a university course that goes for four years, Then you are qualified to be an art teacher in secondary schools. I think that it would be a good career option for someone who is really interested in persuing a career in art, unless you are absolutely brilliantly talented, and you get a lucky break the chances of making a living off of your art are fairly slim. But if i choose to do this teacher course I can spend 4 years living off government allowances etc. and have the opportunity to produce art in a studio environment stocked with materials. Then hopefully get a job as an art teacher and support myself as i continue painting etc. the downsides of being a teacher would be bratty kids, but there would also be kids who genuinely want to do art. Just my thoughts, anyone have any opinions on my proposed career options?

wiseguy as an art teacher?!

Guest SPLINTER

im thinking of being a highschool history/govt teacher since thats an easy subject to teach, it goes like this : read book, answer questions, do reports, watch movies, play jeapordy and the ocassional test. plus people dont bitch in those classes they just dont do their work and talk to their friends or do their work or copy.

it would be hard not to do it with those girls but i doubt theyll be attracted anyway, i could aways wait 2-4 years from the first year i teach and every year after that there will be a graduate sudent i can do it with legally.

Guest SayOne

my brother was a music teacher in manhattan he said it was fun but to hectic to come up with material and preparation and shit like that and the pay was shitty..

Originally posted by SayOne

my brother was a music teacher in manhattan he said it was fun but to hectic to come up with material and preparation and shit like that and the pay was shitty..

if i was a art teacher i would just make my students watch stylewars:lol:

Guest Stapler

If you are going to become a teacher, come to Japan the teachers have this thing where what they say goes. No student will question them. But the students are also mostly indless and no fun. But being an art teacher would be cool.

Archived