heres a question no pics sorry close it but not before it gets answered

Guest whydontyudie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

1. bailey yard, north platte nebraska

2. yes. who knows? when they feel like it...unless its an rbox heh

• 4 weeks later...

i just went to the up website and it is the bailey yard in north platte nebraska it covers 2,850 acres and stretches 8 miles...it has 315 miles of tracks in it two hump yards one for westbound and one for east bound...together those to yards have 18 recieving and 16 departing lines...the yard as a whole handles around 10,000 cars in any given 24 hours...

Guest angry xbox

wow panel after panel panel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after panelpanel after...

Guest angry xbox

look i was talkin to this guy i work with and i showed him that pic, that fool was like hey where is that and i told him then he was like there is another yard in nebraska between omaha and kansas i think but he was like yeah its big but not that big and you can just walk right into it, like no fences or nothing just walk right into it, dope huh????

fuck im moving to nebraska.

Guest Abc Eater
Originally posted by KillYurSteel

i just went to the up website and it is the bailey yard in north platte nebraska it covers 2,850 acres and stretches 8 miles...it has 315 miles of tracks in it two hump yards one for westbound and one for east bound...together those to yards have 18 recieving and 16 departing lines...the yard as a whole handles around 10,000 cars in any given 24 hours...

:eek: :eek: thats huge...driving in the midwest is fun on the high way they have some lines you can see and some yards that are pretty neat to look at wen on long road trips

• 2 weeks later...

I don't travel...

The biggest yard near Pittsburgh is the conway terminal. But it's probably real hard to paint there. Alot of activity and it's right beside a three-lane highway. As for buffing it's all a matter of luck and precision. Try not to paint the numbers. Also if you see a Railbox or a Solid Colid refridgeration car hit them. They don't get buffed as ofted cause they're like rent-a-freights and mad companies use them.

Mr. Vos

"With the inside scoop like baskin robbins"

Re: I don't travel...

Originally posted by TrampBurner

The biggest yard near Pittsburgh is the conway terminal. But it's probably real hard to paint there. Alot of activity and it's right beside a three-lane highway.

word...some of those huge yards just have way too much shit goin on inside...24-7

ok for benching, not too good to paint

Guest Flight_Risk

North Platte is no joke

I've been in the North Platte yard, I swear! If I'm not mistaken, it goes by another name as well, does anyone know? I came into it by accident while I was hopping freights in (I think) '96. It was night time, and the yard was like a fucking city. You really could get lost there. My partner and I were super ninja about navigating our way around because there seemed to be a lot of people in the yard. Not to many towers though, if my memory is correct. I was lucky enough to be travelling with someone who was beyond prepared. He had maps of many yards, including North Platte. We had a color coded schematic that showed the in-out-through sections of the yard. We were seriously on our way to Omaha in less than an hour after getting off our train. The yard is most def active at all times... Anyone else got NP yard stories?

peace

• 2 weeks later...

YOU WANNA HEAR SOME FUNNY SHIT? I GOT DRUNK AND HIGH WITH MY FREINDS UNCLE THAT WORKS AT THAT NEBRASKA YARD...THAT FOOL WAS KRUNK! HE SAID HE LIKED THE GRAFFITTI.. IT GAVE HIM SOMETHING TO DO HE SAID.. THAT FOOLS A BRAKE MAN TOO..HE NEW ALOT OF HEADS AND SHIT BECASUE HE SEES THEM ALL THE TIME IN THE YARDS......UNION PACIFIC RIPS! I JUST HOPE HE DINT GET DRUG TESTED AFTER WE SMOKED SOME BOMB CHRONIC.....

Archived