WEEN

jah

ive heard a little of them before but i never knew it was them. theyre actually pretty tight. i always thought they were a punk or grunge band or somethinga and ive never been into that shit so i always thought i never liked em. they have some wierd shit but some of their shits pretty ill.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

i was gonna make a ween thread yesterday. their country album is amazing. mr richard smoker is an awesome song

Guest beardo

only album i had was 'the mollusk' and i played it to death till i lost it. havent heard them since. i should pic that one up again. any other suggested albums?

Guest im not witty

beardo- seriously get 12 classic country greats or something like that. its fucking awesome. if you have access to a file sharing program download "piss up a rope" "mr richard smoker" and japanese cowboy to see if you agree with me.

the one that inspired this thread for me was the chocolate and cheese one. i actually recognized a couple of hte songs but i never knew it was them. as far as i know i havent heard any of their other shit. im always stoked to find something new to listen to though. gotta keep it fresh...

yeah krayon, that song is awesome.

i love-

everything they put out

the mollusk

country golden greatest hits

pure guava

god ween satan

and i have an awesome live show that my buddy got from the pheonix in to as well as mad amounts of b-sides, bad. . .ass

for lots of cool ween songs click over to ween's website and see what they have on mp3

i have yet to see them live, but my friend ate their pizza that they threw out the window of their hotel once. that's so fucking cool, no?

well, I dunno if it's cool but it's pretty funny, like Gene and Dean... what was the song they did for School House Rock? It's was about the revolution and had a fife in it...

Ween is like a really funny version of They Might Be Giants...

*TMBG sidenote... back in the early 80's TMBG was nothing more than an ad the Village Voice personals section, it said "They Might Be Giants" and had a number, if you called you would get an answering machine that would have different fucked up TMBG's songs on... My friend Teri used to call every so often, she's also the girl who got recognized by Moby as he passed her to get on stage... he stopped and said, aren't you Teri X? And she said yeah! Well, kinda, she is Teri Z now, she's married, but she and Moby went to school together 15 or 20 years ago... She's actually pretty fucking really cool.

Originally posted by Smart

well, I dunno if it's cool but it's pretty funny, like Gene and Dean... what was the song they did for School House Rock? It's was about the revolution and had a fife in it...

Ween is like a really funny version of They Might Be Giants...

*TMBG sidenote... back in the early 80's TMBG was nothing more than an ad the Village Voice personals section, it said "They Might Be Giants" and had a number, if you called you would get an answering machine that would have different fucked up TMBG's songs on... My friend Teri used to call every so often, she's also the girl who got recognized by Moby as he passed her to get on stage... he stopped and said, aren't you Teri X? And she said yeah! Well, kinda, she is Teri Z now, she's married, but she and Moby went to school together 15 or 20 years ago... She's actually pretty fucking really cool.

Um, I don't know song your'e talking about, I remember they did it, but I never saw it, i don't think. the rainbow song on the (original?) South Park soundtrack is cool.

Smart if you go to www.thisamericanlife.org i think the site is, they have a special on there that you can download where they talk about that number, even give it (i had it, i used to call all the time). the premise behind the add was that the number was free (*if you called from work, and therefore your work pays for it.) my buddy from orlando would have it when i lost it, then i would have it when he lost it, which was all the time i might add. alas, he is in the army now and i haven't called it in like two years. i don't know if they keep the archives back that far, and i can't remember the theme title of that particular show, but that number is fucking awesome and way worth calling, from work.

Archived