whole car wild style

FR8 LIFE

Originally posted by T.T Boy

id say a wholetrain and one of these bad mammajamas are pretty hardcore, but lets be honest folks, BOTH take pretty easy spots to do. no one can do a whole anything in a 10 minute layup.

also, ive always wondered the dimensions of passenger trains compared to freight trains.

not to sound like my normal asshole self, but it would depend on car type for both freight or passenger, i know thas obvious and not trying to insult your intelegence, but i think holyrollers are the bigest. especially those white kcs' and i think sp makes some, that look like they have windows. those yellow accordian holyrollers are pretty massive too, because technically both units are one car.

but what i always wanted to know if the guage on euro rails is smaller than us rails. and is it a standard guage (same in all countries) just curious.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PHYNE

hahah autoracks are the shit,they are sooooo big and its not that hard to hit a whole car,just dont blow up spots and you could sit there ALL day without anyone seeing,coming through the yard....atleast thats how it is for me and a few fellow people hahahaha:cool: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

...just to add a little...while auto racks are definately monsterous, there are actually freights that are just as big, or very close...i've only seen two in my benching days both were csx blue flats, about 72ft long and 18ft high(i think, height is harder for me to judge)...i think auto racks are taller than this...i just wanted to let everyone know that the huge ass freights are out there too...

...oh yes that piece is spectacular...and who the fuck would want to see it on a wall?...i wanna see that shit towering over me as it passes by...

Guest platapie

i was gonna bitch about ther eonly being one flick. bu thten i scrolled up again and relised what the hell was i thinking.

Guest havek
Originally posted by ZedIsDed

interesting.

this is a topic that has a throw back to the days ny of subway bombing. writers (from that era) often believed that the whole car was the ultimate test of a writers ability. as time went on it became not enought just do a whole car, but to rock a top to bottom whole car with letters, and then not only letters, but wild style letters.

Many writers (not including me, because seen is dope as fuck in my book), particularly those from the letter, lines felt Seen, in all his glory was very overrated because the majority of his whole cars were windowdowns with backgrounds that extended up to the top of the car. not top to bottom letters, much less wild styles. which brings us to this holyroller. i give this dude the utmost respect because i couldnt do it, and have never done it. even though its floating, and im not really fond of this particular style, the sheer magnitude of the whole thing is awe inspiring. furthermore, i think people who have never seen a holy roller should not be talking shit. although they may look small in the flik, holyrollers are probably the bigest train cars that have ever been painted. overall they are longer and a lot taller than rapid transit, commuter or passenger cars -and- there is no convienient catwalk to use when doing a whole car. whoever did that piece is the man in my book, not only for doing a piece, on a train, of that size...but also for making all the letters flow and consistently sized. and fuck a wall i would love to see that shit roll by on a train.

spoken well // ill shit who ever rocked it makes me more temped just 2 follow them foots steps 2 go rock a fullcart wildstyle but thats just a hell of a lot of cans :D (haha mopar full cart on its way j/k<---little inside humor) peace and big ups 2 that shit very nice :D added info most auto racks size around 80'x20'

Guest Dr. Doom

I don't give fuck what anyone says! A wholecar of any sort gets respect from me! They are too much fucking work! I've done a couple of them and after I finished each one I remember thinking: "Fuck that shit! Never again!"

We'll see........................

Originally posted by neil and bob

so many T2B holy rollers have been posted in the past months. Why would you compare any of them anyway? Get a life. besides this one's just a huge sketch over a buft background. I'd like to see it finished. I know shit would be quality.

WHY THE COMPARISON??? BECAUSE THIS IS ONE WHOLECAR DONE RIGHT (AMONG THE MANY SHOWN AT THIS FORUM FROM TIME TO TIME). I MADE THE COMPARISON BECAUSE THE "WHOLETRAIN" THREAD HAD A BUNCH OF NUT-SWINGERS JOCKING IT WHEN SOMETHING MUCH SMALLER SUCH AS THIS WHOLECAR HAS BETTER LETTER STRUCTURE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MAGNIFIED SEVERAL TIMES TO FIT WELL ON THE TRAIN.

One downside I would see to this otherwise nice piece on a freight, or rather the hardcore aspect of it, is that regardless of the surface, the spot is unlikely to have been any harder to paint than a semi-legal wall. So comparing it to anything done in europe is clearly an unfair comparison.

The question: Have americans deserted their roots of painting subway systems and clean trains, and swapped them for easy freights? kept coming up in my mind. It just seemed silly to me, that the nation of writers that started this whole revolution would just turn their back on this resource due to a few problems with the vandal squad.

But now that I've thought about it, I've realised that the situation regarding the NYC subways back in the day must have been pretty similar to the freight situation at the moment...I mean they spent whole weekends in those yards, so I'd presume that they were pretty chilled, much like of the the freight yards today.

So perhaps I've been wrong in my view on the freight scene in general, maybe this IS the natural progression of american steel industries, it's not the surface, is the feeling.

And no, I'm not trying to diss the freightscene, or say that all freight yards are easy...I'm just saying that while the europeans need the yard to be so hardcore that they'll almost certainly get chased at some point during their mission, Americans seem to still like chillin...just like back in the days. And again, I know this doesn't apply to all yards.

^^^...or all yards in europe since i see whole car and whole train flicks on here from europe...sorry but your spot has to be chill as fuck to get a whole train off, even if you have ten of your boys helping you that's still a few hours work...in the us it's more about getting your name up and seeing your shit, we do freights because we can actually see them...this arguement has already been beaten to death many times over so let us please not continue it...

...another bump for this masterpiece of american steel...

Guest oldfaithful

fuckhead!!!!

Originally posted by head fuck

The question: Have americans deserted their roots of painting subway systems and clean trains, and swapped them for easy freights?

we don't all have chill midwest spots fuckhead

i didn't expect all this bickering over Europe and America but i my as well put my 2 cents in... from what i seen as far as the Europe scene goes is that it can not be to terrible hard for them to do those trains just look at flix and videos dirty handz for example not saying that its completely chill but it has to be to some point, and yes there are a lot people that get up on fr8s in America at nice chill lay-ups and i know there has been times when i have been in a yard and been there no more than 10 min and lights hit us and you got the bull chasing you down. I'm sure its like that in Europe in some yards too.. the point is both places have spots that are chill and ones that are not that whole train posted awhile back could not have possible been done at a hard yard to paint it just wasn't, same goes for this whole car.... any one thats from chicago think about trying to pull a whole train off on the C.T.A like the one from europe

Im sure you guys are talking about the Kegr wholetrain. Well, the guy does his homework. He worked really hard for that. Its called sitting in the bushes for hours and taking notes on what happens at what time. The man has pulled off more graffiti than you can begin to imagine. He knows his shit. I know the story about that train and there were workers in the yard when that was done. He did have a watchout for some part of that but it was mostly done alone. As with the magority of his panels. The man is professional. Like most European writers I know. They take the game real serious and do their homework on their yards. They dont give up when something gets hard, they adapt. Thats why the styles are simpler in harder countries. They will find a way into the yard. They will find a way to get their shit to run. And they will do it in a way as to be able to do it again. Simple as that.

No heat directed at USA, just a defense.

I do not understand why a lot of you americans feel it nessecary to comment and give worthless opinons on european yards, when you have not been over here and painted them and know nothing about them!

Fuck you're 2 cents, if you don't know anything about something, shut you're mouth and listen to people who do.

Originally posted by FR8 LIFE

i didn't expect all this bickering over Europe and America but i my as well put my 2 cents in... from what i seen as far as the Europe scene goes is that it can not be to terrible hard for them to do those trains just look at flix and videos dirty handz for example not saying that its completely chill but it has to be to some point, and yes there are a lot people that get up on fr8s in America at nice chill lay-ups and i know there has been times when i have been in a yard and been there no more than 10 min and lights hit us and you got the bull chasing you down. I'm sure its like that in Europe in some yards too.. the point is both places have spots that are chill and ones that are not that whole train posted awhile back could not have possible been done at a hard yard to paint it just wasn't, same goes for this whole car.... any one thats from chicago think about trying to pull a whole train off on the C.T.A like the one from europe

Like I said, not all freight yards are piss easy.

But don't beleive everything you see! Just because something looks easy on film or is done daytime doesn't mean it is. And I'm talking about something I know better than 99% of writers out there, trust me!

Originally posted by head fuck

Like I said, not all freight yards are piss easy.

But don't beleive everything you see! Just because something looks easy on film or is done daytime doesn't mean it is. And I'm talking about something I know better than 99% of writers out there, trust me!

i can dig it

Originally posted by SKUMBALUCKAH

I do not understand why a lot of you americans feel it nessecary to comment and give worthless opinons on european yards, when you have not been over here and painted them and know nothing about them!

Fuck you're 2 cents, if you don't know anything about something, shut you're mouth and listen to people who do.

shut you're mouth

hahahah you from england and you say shut your MOUTH how ironic

Archived