cracked's "minifesto"

Cracked Ass

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Are2, it really helps me understand what I think a whole lot better.

seeking brought up a good point too: we all act differently than normal in the heat of the argument. in the end it's all good fun, and I feel I know you all a bit better.

no hard feelings seeking, I think you're a good guy

aaaahhhh....

Hey this is right up my alley! I've actually been working on some ethnography... kind of a side project.... it started with something like etiology or creation theories and just kept going!

Maybe y'all want to hear some of my creation theories.... I'm just scratching the surface here and if anyone would like to contribute something it would be appreciated.

Ok so seeing as how the creation of man is attributed to the Rift Valley in the Pliocene era when apes ventured across the Rift Valley to becom mankind, this would appear to have a direct correlation metaphorically to the book of Genesis where Adam & Eve left the Garden of Eden (the western jungles) to go and work the land farming and herding as on the eastern savannahs. The awareness of this fact would suggest homonids passing on the history of the origin of man TO man himself (or herself if you prefer). Also see Hanuman the Hindu monkey-god.

Now since ancient esoterica, such as the legends of the Merovingans and many African tribal beliefs as well as the Islamic belief of water as the source of life implies man's origins to have come from the ocean (Which darwinism would confirm as all life began in the ocean as one-celled organisms then to the South African coast perhaps even as a part of Pangea ((I'm not sure about that one.))) this would suggest there has always been a supreme and sublime intelligence in contact with mankind.

Now on to theology and ethnography.... Just some rough adumbrations right now.... but I have noted that most ancient religions practice some sort of "Mother Tradition" or ancestor worship. Such as the ancient carvings of the "doni" or "donni" that I believe El Mammero posted a picture of representing motherlyness and creation and origins and divine mysteries. That is actually a western tradition. The eastern histories/mysteries (m/f? yin yang?) have an ancestor worship as well which I believe begins with The Yellow Emperor. Pretty cool stuff. Too bad I'm so sketchy on it.

I've been reading this book called "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco and it's really rounding out this religion stuff for me. Fucking mindblowing is an understatement.

I'm sorry villain but your last post sounds like a bunch of different flavors of horseshit mixed together.

I guess it's my turn to be condescending...or ignorant, if you prefer...but I find both the bible stories and modern attempts to link them weakly to science to be the purest, strongest smelling bullshit in the world today. Fairy tales are for kids. Science is the only real way to find out anything about ourselves or our past, and it obviously has a long way to go. Which brings up a curious human tendency, one I discarded a long time ago: the need to know. Why are humans so traumatized by uncertainty that they are willing to fill in the blanks with fiction?

Hey cracked ass! You are totally missing the spiritual side of life man! Then again I can't really blame you because there is a conspiracy against god which involves watered down religion that is used for controlling people and science debunking parables and metaphors. Just how do you debunk a parable anyway?

Well you sound really jaded. I am too. But really I have strong beliefs. My life has been just way too wierd not to believe in god. (And no, I'm not crazy. Well sometimes I go temporarily crazy but anyone would if they had to deal with what I do.) I'm trying to figure this whole god thing out so maybe I can explain it to you.

villain, i just sorot of skimmed through your post so i may hav mist something but there were a few things that contradict what i learned. the first one is that man did not evolve FROM apes but they SHARE a common ancestor. does that make sense? also, when you tried to link humans to the ocean or said they came out of the ocean or something sounded pretty wack to me because, like you did state, all life started in the ocean. thats just going back billions of years before people. the first organisms were in the ocean before the planet even had oxygen or any land whatsoever. they produced oxygen. at least from what i remember from biology. so yeah, i dont think humans have any more of a connection with the ocean than horses or dogs. i could easily be wrong though. you seem to be in much more advanced classes than i ever took.

cracked, in a way, i agree that religion is a feeble tool for explaining history or creation; but studying religion is really useful because its been around long before most sciences, right? so, since people didnt have scientific theories way back in the day, studying religions can help explain the events that happened way back. one theory ive heard, from a couple different people, about the seven day creation belief, is that every so often the earth has huge continental shifts (all the land is jolted) that last for around 7 days and its just chaos. some people believe that people could have perceived this as the creation of the earth. when the continental plates move, it moves the oceans and there are huge earthquakes, islands of course get washed out, maybe there are huge storms because of it i dont know. i dont really know much about it but thats just one thing ive heard and maybe one example of how religion can kind of help discover certain things if you look into why people might believe those things. i dont know, ijust woke up so i probably shouldnt trying to get back into this thread right now.

seeking (was it you who said this?), you said that humans all have the same characteristic of craving knowledge. that, supposedly, was the fruit that adam and eve picked in the garden of eden yea? although i agree that the stories in holy books and religious books in general are not to be taken literally by any means, it does explain some things to me. you know how kids dont bother with many superficial aspects of life and arent really corrupted until they learn to be? well, it seems like knowledge leads to the corruption. even people have been saying on this board, when you put a bunch of educated people together to have a discussion, it can turn into a blood bath. if no one ever learned anything and just followed their natural instincts as human beings(mammals) i doubt there would be so much fuss and fight over oil and virtually everything else in the world. adam eve were to live happily in the garden of eden but they couldnt have the fruit. for some reason, eve talked him into getting it. and god wasnt having it. i dont even know that story really well i just know the basic idea of it. but it kinda corresponds to how people have to have knowledge. they could be so much happier and better off if there were just some things they would leave alone. but they wont. theyd rather know than live in bliss.

or something....

Guest ctrl+alt+del

why is that "intelligent" people always have such a superiority complex. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thats just my comment from reading the first page, i want to read everyone elses comments before i add to the discussion, but i have to head out for a bit. just wanted to give it a bump so i can find it later.

ctrl+alt:

It's odd that you bring up the superiority complex thing...almost like you didn't read any of my posts. I am trying (and apparently failing) to describe how a high intelligence can be a drawback.

If you believe the tests and the charts, I have a really high IQ. So fucking what. All it does is make me overanalyze myself and everything else, understand human nature so well that I lose the ambition to do anything with my life, and alienate me from women. So there's no reason for me to feel superior to anybody, except when it comes to some small stuff like strategy and word games.

What good is a world-weary, lazy genius? I'm not finding much use for myself. Perhaps villain is right, I'm missing out on spirituality. Except the way I'm set up, I'm obligated to dismiss it - just because I might be missing something doesn't give me the ability to discard all of my contempt and disbelief of religious intangibles.

My life isn't totally devoid of spirituality, either: I get a satisfying vibe in the face of powerful forces of nature (thunderstorms, hurricanes, etc.). Take that, you cocky humans. I feel humbled by nature, I feel connected more to it sometimes than to people. I should have been a tree. I spend an enormous amount of time sitting still, no music or TV, just soaking up the sun and the air and thinking about stuff, for hours at a time if I can get it. (Usually I get interrupted by noisy kids and dogs and ice cream trucks and phones and I walk away, scowling.)

you should move to the cuts cracked. kauai sounds like it would be perfect for you. laid back, plenty of nothing to do. the whether there is fuckin spiritual dude. at night, during full moons, or during sunsets its like youre in another world. and it storms, gets hurricanes ones in a while, get nice a sunny, windy... the ocean is one of natures most amazing aspects too. its so fuckin powerful. i never knew until i moved there. theres just an obsene amount of energy there. im way to tired to try and describe it. i dont know if i could even if i was feeling sharp. you have to experience that shit.

jah, i have no interest in even entertaining or questioning anything found in the bible, it serves absolutely no purpose. be it fact or fiction, my hypothosizing on it will prove nothing, and if it cant be proven, its seldom worth talking about.

HOWEVER, the idea of human 'knowledge' and the prblems it creates is worthy of discussion. as far as im concerned, humans are basically tricking themselves into thinking we're the kngs of the world. we have the ability to reason, but not enough sense to use that ability. we cater to our ego's, our insecurities and our desires, completely ignoring what is 'right' 'just' and ultimitaly for the 'good' of mankind. the 'good' of mankind, of course also encompases what is best for the earth and everything contained within it. for instance cutting down all the trees to make better homes is not in our best interest, because we'll asphixiate.

i dont know, im kind of going off on a tangent here, but i think you get my point.

and as far as cntrl+alt+del's comment, why is it that people who feel threatend by those who consider themselves 'intelligent' always have to hold them in contempt? is it perhaps that our superiority complexes are actually just a projected inferiority complex?

Re: Re: Re: cracked's "minifesto"

Originally posted by seeking

sometimes understanding feels more like a cage than a blessing. when you begin to understand things, it just opens up more questions, and the whole thing becomes a pandoras box. its difference between walking around in a maze, trying to find a way out, frustrated to find no end in sight, verses sitting in one corner of the maze drinking beer and getting old.

sometimes i honestly question which one really has more answers....

good post cracked.

The closest thing I can associate this with, among other things, is a good book. Of course you want to find an answer, but at the same time you dont want it to end. You want to keep wondering what will happen to the characters in the book, and you want to think up an ending. But when you finish it, its like finding an answer, yeah, its good that youre done with it, but at the same time, you never really wanted it to end. There's no more imagination to it, that's it, it's done, finished.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

and as far as cntrl+alt+del's comment, why is it that people who feel threatend by those who consider themselves 'intelligent' always have to hold them in contempt? is it perhaps that our superiority complexes are actually just a projected inferiority complex?

It's one thing to consider yourself intelligent, another to consider yourself to be the most intelligent of everyone here. As much as the value of IQ tests as a measure of a person's intelligence has been rejected in this thread, and as much as Cracked insists it's a curse and not a blessing, it still bothers people. The notion of IQ, however much we disagree with it, still holds some subconscious meaning, and thus we still "believe" in it. Cracked comes off as slightly arrogant for seeming to assume that he is smarter than the rest of us (I really don't doubt for a second he actually is).

I honestly don't give a crap about the statement, it doesn't subtract or add to the strength his argument a bit. I think it could've been left out for the sake of not antagonizing. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

I have a similar ailment, not worrying about death, but just seeing the world too clearly, understanding my own unimportance, and it gets hard to get out of bed

I see where you're coming from and can somewhat relate -- a seemingly ultimate realization of certain aspects of one's own position in the world can easily lead to some generally apathetic shit. I don't, however, agree at all with the notion of anyone seeing themself as "unimportant." If you can make a positive impact on humanity, in any area of life, then you've crawled out of that invisible shithole of unimportance and left an imprint. Whether it's a massive earthquake or a faint trail, you've still made a mark. Maybe in the great scheme of things the ultimate product of your life, or anyone else's, can be regarded as relatively worthless, but who the fuck cares? We're humans with human lives, human thoughts and human bullshit to sift through, so why not aspire to stir things up a bit within the realm of such predictable certainty? If anything, at least to help pass the time.

Personally, I think you're fairly oblivious to certain impacts you're already making. The shit you randomly post on this board will always catch my eye, due mainly to the fact that you seem to consistently have something relevant to say and your words flow with a definite sense of clarity. A gift of communication is already sitting right in front you, doing its thing. Don't sleep on that, people respond to well-rounded commentary and often learn from it.

Judging from the well of graffiti-oriented information you often emerge from I would also be so bold as to say (without even knowing what you write) that you're probably the culprit behind more than a few double-takes or camera flashes throughout however many train yards your stuff has rolled through.

Already, I've noted 2 fairly significant levels of "importance" that your cracked ass has reached. Given the fact that you're a self-professed "underachiever," and I don't even know you, I think that says quite a bit. You've made your presence felt while barely putting forth the effort. How many people can say that?

i could be off on this one, but lets give it a go anyway...

i think what cracked was saying was that when you believe yourself to be smart, you expect far more from yourself than you do other people, because you believe you have more potential.

thats why afecting change on a graffiti message board might not be all that fulfilling.

i heard a quote once from some musician, he said

"please dont refer to me as an entertainer. on my death bed. i would like to think that i was more than just 'entertaining'.

Guest Ted Wakowski

thats why afecting change on a graffiti message board might not be all that fulfilling.

Hahah, in one line you've belittled my point.

Well played.

Originally posted by ..oX..

woid up on the human nature shit.

some people still dont understand that of course shit is unjust, its cuz someone is taking advantage of everyone else for their own personal gain; thats what humans do. im surprised how many people really honestly think that if they expose all these injustices to everyone else, anyone's gonna care. most of america is thoroughly brainwashed to honestly believe their country is concerned with them.

if you think that the world is just and the united states is cool or something, well im not even gonna say cuz i know no one on here is that dumb.

the question for me is this: is all this 'injustice' just survival of the fittest, human evolution, etc. or is it really way too over the top and evil? and what can anyone do about it?

It's a shame that this topic has strayed so far off the original, I really think that this is more of what we should be talking about here, although the reason we are here is evolution, technology has created more problems and we are dealing with more and more chaos than ever, therefore I would say that we really can't put a finger on what this injustice stems from. I'll cite a few examples for discussion, penicillin and drug resistance first, and nuclear bombs second. Now the invention of both of these, I believe, has taken survival of the fittest to new ground. First the who has the bigger guns idea isn't really the penis size test anymore. Being a peace-oriented person is not just a choice, it's an imperative. Strangely enough, you even hear Bush mention peace constantly in his speeches. Now this goes the same for countries. We have nukes, lots of them but others do too, including some "evil" countries, and even possible terrorists. We may get away with nuking somebody somewhere, but that has reprocussions, a thousand generations down the line some relative of yours might have a second penis, cool, or a wormy thing for an arm, not to mention the ire which gets raised by the others, including terrorists. Do we really believe that Russia is on our side completely in this Afganistan thingy, hells no, they are keeping close watch. Which leads to another possible horror mutually assured destruction. This logic extends to many technological advances which have associated long term effects: improper storage of nuclear waste, improper use of penicillin and other classes of antibiotics, chemical contamination, nuclear power. . .Can you say the butterfly effect, or Moore's Law?

What about our coorporate entities Cracked? :mad: You cited in the past the amendment? before, which established cooperations, and limited thier liability from the stockholder and the board members, and placed it on the entity itself. I haven't seen that since then man, so forgive me if I got some part wrong. . .We see how they run the finance now, and there is millions of acres of contaminated soil in our own country to prove lack of forethought and greed are often present in their decisions. What do we do, as intelligent human beings, focused on survival? Now that is at home, we have other countries who, I'm sure, have similar drivers, Japan for instance, America's bastard child, right? Am I right? Multinationals, the G8, all these are creating ripples. . .this country (America) was founded on democracy, not capitalism. It is more important than ever that we (especially including G8 countries, cooperations, anyone with nuclear material) have to make decisions that not only are self serving, but benefit the entire world. Otherwise, there is no empire which anyone would want to be part of or party to.

An aside-I think Hawaii does have a railroad :crazy: . So does Alaska.

On the anthropological/religious tip, I find it really neat how Rastafarianism-which comes from Africa originally right?, Aloha?, Hinduism, Native American, and Buddism mesh together so well. That would be something to do a study on.:king:

seek. i know what youre saying man. i think the bible is full of shit. i just brought that up because it was just a theory ive heard (not believed, but didnt dismiss) and it kinda tied into what were talkin about. as far as humans thinking they are the kings of the world.....yeah. thas what ive been trying to say in quite a few posts and threads. they think the earth was made for them and that everything was put here for the purpose of making them happy. they dont give a fuck about any other creatures, as a whole i mean. there are plenty of people in the world who do. i hate to bring up american again. but this is mostly the case there. they think everything is here to serve a purpose for them. you could take it further and point out how races tend to separate themselves from the rest of humans and think theyre the king of the world and that theyre interests are hte most important. thats one of the problems with having so many different religions too. they all think their god is the divine one and they are some sort of special people because of it. i dont really believe in religions in the same sense as most people. just the most basic values of religions. but most religions are turning people against eachother and having hte oposite effect theyre supposed to. at least from what they were supposed to back in the day. nowadays they seem more of a way to control masses of people.

i dont know. none of the shit i write lately is really that credible. im only half way here. a lot of its just babbling....

Ted W.: Thanks for the semi-props. I'm not oblivious to my impacts, they just seem to vary in size from one day to the next, probably dependent on how harsh I am with myself on a given day. One day I'll feel good for stimulating discussion on here, the next I'm siding with seeking about the triviality of making a ripple on an internet graffiti board. One day I'll pull off a nice end to end freight, come home and put away a loaded pizza, and feel like I killed shit; the next day I'm quoting Jack Nicholson - "What if this is as good as it gets?" and finding it hard to believe I'm preening over a little vandalism and an ordinary meal.

I think it's natural and forgivable for humans to waver like that, and maybe even healthy. People who think they know exactly what's what and never stray from a set of convictions wind up doing a lot of damage with their close-mindedness sometimes.

I'm not miserable, or devoid of satisfactions. I'm a little frustrated with my inability to improve on my failings, and wrestling with the apathy that a clear view of mankind instills in me. The feeling of "unimportance" I spoke of was not so much in the here and now but in the bigger picture, cosmological view - "dust in the wind" type shit. I get a few things done. I've made a dent in the freight lines, and I might yet bust out in a new creative direction if my finances change. I'm just slow to bring about those changes that aren't happening on their own.

I just don't like how you say things like "a clear view of mankind" all the time. it just isn't true. I wouldn't mind if you said you knew more facts than me, but subjective material doesn't mean anything in the long run. who really has a clear view of mankind. please, talk more about what you think people are like and label it as a universal statement. what makes you so sure?

Guest Ted Wakowski

Drunk

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

I get a few things done. I've made a dent in the freight lines

That's where I say "word up." Finding what you love and excelling at it, to me, is the key to being satisfied as a human. We may not conquer our understanding of our relative unimportance when compared to the universe as a whole, but some of us have burnt the fuck out of a few trains.

Dope, if you ask me.

Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO

I just don't like how you say things like "a clear view of mankind" all the time. it just isn't true. I wouldn't mind if you said you knew more facts than me, but subjective material doesn't mean anything in the long run. who really has a clear view of mankind. please, talk more about what you think people are like and label it as a universal statement. what makes you so sure?

I don't know if you know what I mean by a clear view of mankind. I mean that I understand human nature and human behavior. I understand how a mixture of genetics, parenting, culture, religion, survival instincts and other factors leads to the variety of human specimens, personalities and behaviors I have seen, and how they accumulate into societies and how societies withstand or fail to withstand various pressures. It would take an extremely long time to document all of my observations of humans and show you the patterns that logically emerge, and even then I don't know whether you'd argue with me over whether they are objective or subjective phenomena.

I base my feeling of a better understanding of human behavior partially on the lack of such understanding shown by people all around me. I constantly hear people saying things like "How could he do that?" or "How could anyone think that?" in a tone of shocked disbelief, as their moral or intellectual levels were challenged by a crime or a comment. For me the answers are easy, although rather long, and on the infrequent occasions I try to explain them, I'm usually met with puzzled looks and uncomprehension.

If you insist on holding me to some scientific standard, then I will modify my assertion to this fact: I have a better understanding of human behavior than most of the people with whom I have discussed the matter. I'm not claiming omniscience - if I had that, I'm sure I could find better ways to spend my time.

I feel you on the majority of your post. sometimes it's overly difficult to break down all the connections my brain makes that another's may not. I don't question your intelligence, but my stance still remains that each and every person is liable to have their own definition of human nature, thus decimating any knowledge of this sort. what does it mean if I know all about blog if no one else but me knows what blog is in the first place? I'm sure you see what I'm saying, just curious as to how you would support yourself.

I'm only asking because I too used to think I understood social dynamics better than most. but I soon took into account all of the many people who just don't care. who could give a fuck about the origins of man, who just want to live their lives. people's actions cannot be predicted, no matter what Speilberg says. in control situations sure, but we are all shaped by our experiences differently, thus a controlled environment is impossible.

what I mean is that even those that could care less about human behavior maybe doing so conciously. I think it takes more understanding to pursue life actively in spite of pessimism than it does just to point and laugh. ignorance is bliss and all that.:P

Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO

sometimes it's overly difficult to break down all the connections my brain makes that another's may not.

I'm feeling this comment...mostly because I no longer understand quite what your point is.

You seem to be stating that since everyone defines human nature differently, it is not possible to obtain facts about human nature, which is not only false but weird. (Replace the term "human nature" with "a motorcycle" and see how nonsensical that is.) I agree it is not possible to PREDICT what an individual will do, but it is very feasible to study humans and come up with concrete behavioral tendencies, as well as an understanding of their past actions - which is what I mean by "human nature". If you have some other meaning, you'll have to clue me in so I can adjust to your terms.

The other thing you lost me on is about the people who don't care about human nature doing so consciously. So what? I understand this as well. In fact, they might be better off than I - if I could shut off my ennui and care less about the cosmos I might get more shit done.

people are all exactly the same. some choose to react differently

seeks/playing amongst peacocks

-----------------------

A, you dont know how i think.

B, you dont know how i relate to traditional scoiety.

C, get off your pedastil and quit portraying yourself as some mountain sage sent here to teach us lowely imbaciles about humanity.

have a listen to yourself macho man.. first off you boldy proclaim that "people are all exactly the same..." and then when bryso tries to make a similar point you're all "you dont know how i think" etc etc so how the fuck does that work ? you're a hypocrite. and most of the replies you type dont even make sense.. the ability to spout random nonsense with some big words thrown in for good measure doesnt make you any smarter than the rest of us..

there. now i feel much better.

:huh?:

so ive been away for a few days, i was lounging with longtime childhood friends, chillin poolside, sipping on bloody marys, talking about life, celebrating a friends wedding....and yet this topic could not escape my mind, from the looks of it, it has branched off into a 101 tangents, but getting back to the original thought, i think i finally know how i feel about your statement cracked.....disillusioned....and really it sorta of sucks...ive been waiting to get back to you, this is a gift from me to you....take it for what is....a poem......

.....roe

The World Is a Beautiful Place

by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

The world is a beautiful place

to be born into

if you don't mind happiness

not always being

so very much fun

if you don't mind a touch of hell

now and then

just when everything is fine

because even in heaven