"American Taliban" Pleads Guilty

KaBar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Fox Mulder

someone said he plead guilty, well its kinda like the salem witch trials, if you plead guilty you got to live, if you tried to fight it you got hanged. fuck all of you. you people all say if you hate america so much, leave. well thats what he did.

"love it or leave it! god forbid we'd try to CHANGE anything!"

Originally posted by --zeSto--

yes indeed, a point I didn't get around to making. good one upping it !

These people are totaly guilty of reckless negligence towards the american economy and people.

Not only will tens of thousands loose their jobs, but foreign investors will reconsider

putting money into the american economy. Which hurts everyone down the road.

John Walker was one little man with no real power at all.

The ceo of authur anderson accounting is well aware of what his clout can do.

I agree there Zesto... I think that Walker's whole little trial bid is just a little diversion from what the real story is - that this country's economy is dipping further into recession (total market index off some 35%) and with Bush's new "Corporate Task Force", we are all sure to be moneyless come next election. Yes, i do think that the suits upstairs need to straighten their act out, but the Taskforce isn't going to do it - because it would then reveal exactly what has happened in Bush's own dealings. On the subject of Walker Lindh, though... he may have just cut a deal with the government that they couldn't refuse: maybe the where abouts of Bin Laden or other operatives. He did plead guilty... which does take more balls to do, and for those two counts... you know that something is going to happen... 10 counts and life in prison without parole/death, to 2 counts with 20 years max parole possible earlier than that... we are in America people... and a lot of you are thinking just like Americans - nationalistic, and nazi-like... for those who actually think straight, much respect for you... I think he is getting what he deserves... it isn't too light or too heavy.

Originally posted by Mr. Mang

Kid, i think we would beat the shit out of eachother if we ever met and talked politics...

Im seriously considering taking the 2 hr train from dc later this summer to spend a day with you and see why you think this way...

You down?

Oh, and we can skate some spots at philly and go bombing or something..

Originally posted by shameless self promotion

Kid, i think we would beat the shit out of eachother if we ever met and talked politics...

Im seriously considering taking the 2 hr train from dc later this summer to spend a day with you and see why you think this way...

You down?

Oh, and we can skate some spots at philly and go bombing or something..

if i'm here loc. otherwise you're gonna have to take a jet to the 502 . . .

just to make a point...

if you are brainwashed by a cult, then comit a crime, are you as guilty as if the crime was done in free will (not under duress)?

and another point...

If he said "I dont like it here (in the usa), I'm leaving" how is he a traitor?

Is the USA like some gang that you're never allowed to leave?

What if I said... (back in the 40's) "I'm going to live in Cuba." Then the US and Cuba have their little fight. Am I a traitor for staying in Cuba and supporting Castro?

zesto-playing the devil's card

if u come bacc from cuba to the us to live u are a traitor, if u are caught supporting castro by us troops or other us agencies then yes your are a traitor. and fucc john walker we should shoot that inconconterate bastard.(i cant speel so fucc you too)

Lindh obviously took the guilty plea and the light sentence in exchange for ratting out some of his Al Qaeda buddies, locations, M.O.'s, etc. The government gets more out of that than straight frying him, so it worked for both sides.

My understanding is that if you participate in a fight against American troops, and you are an American citizen, you are a traitor under the law. I don't know if he qualifies on several points (is he a citizen, did he fire on US forces, what happened at the prison, etc.).

Originally posted by Mr. Mang

you guys aren't changing shit. All you guy's do is visit whatreallyhappened.com and bitch and moan about the evils of America on internet boards.

What the fuck are you talkin about pistol. Youre on the same board arguing as well. I hate this fucken country and Im constantly doin somethin about it. All I try to do is help out the boyle hts area I grew up in, but theres a lot of work.18 gang homicides since January and Bush still is cutting aid to nonprofits who have definite positive impacts(im sure you heard of Homeboy inc.). Anyways all this bullshit on that Walker fool is to distract us about how were being fucked over, common fucken sense. Thank god fools like yall are so willing to repeat what yo massa tells you. Shit,I was thinkin of becomin a politician but I got so much dirt in my closet I wouldnt be able to take a shit without asking questions. Its funny how Bush was sayin how accounting isnt just black and white(about his stealing) yet every other fucken subject is( world politics, crime,etc.).

Realistically, I think Lindh is pretty well positioned to write a book or have a movie made about him. If I were in his shoes, I would shut up and stop giving any interviews to the press. Twenty years isn't much time, compared to execution. There is a good chance that once the dust settles, his mother can go plead for leniency, and a Democratic president may have enough political capital to grant it. I doubt he will be thrown to general population, as he is too high profile a prisoner for that. Plus, every mainline prison has a large group of Black Muslims, who would be foolish if they did not protect him. He's middle-class, he's white and he took up arms against American troops in a Muslim country. I doubt he will be harmed by anyone, because he'll probably have a sort of "political protection." On the other hand, if he runs his mouth from jail, he'll probably do the whole bit. If he's smart, he will simply become a devout Muslim white guy who causes no shit. If he does that, it's possible his mother might get him sprung eventually.

All things considered, he's very lucky to be alive.

I don't really think Lindh qualifies as a genuine traitor. He was sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he doesn't fight against the Americans the Taliban would probably kill him. If he does, he's likely to get killed himself in the battle, or executed for treason once captured. Either way, he's screwed. He could have surrendered to some authority in Afghanistan and asked to be repatriated, but there wasn't much authority to surrender to.

I was very angry at both Taliban and Al Qaida, and I went to Wal-Mart and bought stick-on letters like you put on your mail box, and spelled out "NO QUARTER" on the window of my pick-up. "Fuck 'em," I thought. "No mercy."

Until I heard about Dayna Curry and Heather Mercer. These two young women were Christian missionaries, graduates of Baylor University in Waco, Texas. They went to Afghanistan like two lambs into the lion's den, both of them more innocent than a third grader. They were working for a Christian relief organization, distributing food, medical care and trying to open a school for girls (a Muslim school, not a Christian one) when they were arrested and charged with teaching Christianity. Believing completely that they were in the Lord's protection, they readily admitted what they had been doing--giving away Bibles, and talking about faith in Jesus. Evangelizing in a country like Afghanistan is a capital offence. They could have been shot. But, they were so dead-set on being good Christian girls that the Taliban sent them to a women's prison, where they promptly started trying to help the female prisoners there. Their guards brought them extra food, clean water, and what small luxuries they could afford, like soap. Eventually, the Taliban fighters protected them, right up until they were rescued, bright-eyed and "praising the Lord" all the way to the helicopters.

Once I heard that, I went straight out and scraped the "NO QUARTER" message off the back of my pick-up. They treated these two American girls decently, and should be spared if they surrender.

Curry and Mercer can't wait to return to Afghanistan. Here's a quote from their appearance in Houston at the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church (I didn't attend, although I wish I had.)

"We love Afghanistan, and especially it's people. I've never felt so alive as I felt there--much more so than here. You can talk about religion and faith so much more openly there. The people are hungry for God. They have so many needs."

One must assume that God protects fools and children. These two just take naivete' to a whole different level. Of course, they say it was all God's doing. "We walked through the war, and not a scratch. The Lord protected us with His grace. The glory is all His."

Originally posted by Pistol

you guys aren't changing shit. All you guy's do is visit whatreallyhappened.com and bitch and moan about the evils of America on internet boards.

no matter who talks about their opinions, i think it helps every have a little bit of a better understanding about things. in order to make change you have to have some information first.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by rip

if u come bacc from cuba to the us to live u are a traitor, if u are caught supporting castro by us troops or other us agencies then yes your are a traitor.

what the hell are you saying?

If I leave cuba (the enemy) to come back to the USA (the homeland)... that makes a traitor?

If I move to cuba, tear up any us ID and Currency, and get a job roling cigars for castro, with no intention of ever coming back... am I a traitor?

I sure as hell think not.

what the hell are you saying?

If I leave cuba (the enemy) to come back to the USA (the homeland)... that makes a traitor?

If I move to cuba, tear up any us ID and Currency, and get a job roling cigars for castro, with no intention of ever coming back... am I a traitor?

I sure as hell think not.

umm, not a traitor, but getting a few thousand dollars in federal fines. the definition of a traitor is one who goes to work for a recognized enemy government (had you worked for China in 1945 when the Communists took over, then you would not yet have been a traitor because Roosevelt/Truman refused to recognize Mao Tze-Tung as the legitimate leader). Now if take zesto's example of tearing currence and staying with no intention of ever coming back, that does not make you a traitor. If he did go back to the homeland after a few years, he would still probably be let free. Now if he gave nuclear secrets to Castro and helped the totalitarian government wage war on the US, then he is considered a traitor.

Guest big PERM

im not one to be like "USA rules!, fuck all these other faggots", yes usa has many a problem, weve fucked over a good shitload of countries, but now the motherfuckers are all "we wont stop until 100000 americans are dead" and i say FUCK THAT i could be one of those dead americans, i didnt decide to go and fuck with afghanistans problems, it wasnt my idea to exterminate muslims in bosnia, or go to somalia, or fuck with like all the countries south of the border, but we did anyway. the point is im not down for fucking thse fools over for america im down for fucking them over before they fuck me or my mom or some shit over, i know its a vicious cycle but fuck what are we sposed to do after they fly some fucking planes into the middle of new york. im mad in those fucks in the middle east but im also mad at the US govt for getting this shit started in the first place. basically everybodys an asshole and just needs to chill and let people do their thing, israel espectially needs to chill, and those fucking suicide motherfuckers too, every body needs to stop and live and i mean every body. i know these are all words in vain, i mean osama bin laden not browsing graffiti message boards and neither is bush but even if they were id still be wasting my time. the world is a fucked up place and i cant wait till we can live on mars or some shit, mabey well be smart and not fuck that shit up.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Pistol

zesto, aren't you canadian anyways?

yeah... I'm just saying this Cuba stuff as an example.

I really feel bad for the Americans who can't go to cuba.

Habana is trully a beautiful city and the people are among the best on earth.

But the USA is so not cool with Cuba.

For example...

A man sailed from Key Largo around the islands.

He stopped at a Cuban port because he needed to wait out a storm.

He didn't spend any money, or even really interact with the locals.

He went for a bike ride, and then left the next day.

He gets back to Florida and admits that he visited Cuba to immigration.

The seize his boat.

He didn't break any of the rules, but got fucked anyway.

Although he did finally get his boat back.

Land of the Free ?

yeah... I'm just saying this Cuba stuff as an example.

I really feel bad for the Americans who can't go to cuba.

Habana is trully a beautiful city and the people are among the best on earth.

But the USA is so not cool with Cuba.

youve been there too?

man, i had the best time of my life down in that country. the people were so amazing, so friendly, and talk about people who know their history. went to some locals house and had a whole cuban dinner cooked up for me for like 5 dollars, i couldnt move i ate so much.

who dont like beaches, rum and cigars?

yah america and cuba gotta settle shit. they have no reason to be in a fued. its all because of back when usa found out they had weapons in the cold war. but thats so over. now usa just makes it hard for cuba to trade and shit. but yah fidel loves canadians. he goes to resorts and actually talks to canadians. hes actually a really nice man. and he went to the canadian prime ministers funeral.

Archived