what state does the simpsons live in?

kodak

Originally posted by Jerk182

rage, where did you get that quote?

because if its something like www.allthesimpsonstranscripts.com i definately need to check it out................

-jerk182

I'm pretty sure all you guys missed the boat on that quote... it's not saying where Springfield is, it's talking about the Simpson family before the show, meaning before they moved to Sprinfield to get famous...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it doesent really exist. Although in one episode Lisa did point to the eastern US on a map although she was being blocked.

Remember they have to live near the ocean within driving distance of the Springfield Squidport.

I don't know,I never watched "The Simpsons'".....I pretty much stopped watching T.V. altogether about 4 or 5 years ago.

Originally posted by Pistol

it doesent really exist. Although in one episode Lisa did point to the eastern US on a map although she was being blocked.

Remember they have to live near the ocean within driving distance of the Springfield Squidport.

theres was an episiode were marge was pointing it out and she said like...

Springfield is in oh-Hi (and some characters name). Can't remember who it was.

There are 33 springfeilds in america.

If you recall in one episode they go to the neighboring town "shelbyville". In kentucky there is a springfeild and a shelbyville that are fairly close.

But in all seriousness there is no place they live, springfield represents the average american town.

• 1 year later...

its understood that you arent supposed to know, thats why their mail is addresseed

simpsons

142 evergreen terrace

springfield, usa

and always covers maps when they say it, they arent allowed in 2 states,,, in some episodes the city is almost on the ocean, some its not, its a crazy moving state,

and no, missouri is wrong, the school is from there, but they took it down and moved it brick by brick

Originally posted by Tha Former

Springfield Missouri is my guess

not possible

in the episode where the lisa cheats, they are all in principal skinners office, talkin about the grant that they are gettin because of lisa

chalmers says "this school is horrible, no wonder it was rated the worst school in the whole state of missouri,,,,,,,,which is why is was taken down and moved here brick by brick"

hell yea arcel....it is springfield massachusetts!!! listen to mayor quimby's accent--everybody knows what kind of accent that is. and there's no way a masshole is gonna go down to kentucky, oregon, or anywhere outside new england and get to be the mayor. they would listen to that dude and say "we aint gonna vote for this muthafuckin yankee" springfield massachusetts...rekonize!!!!!

Originally posted by Ceso One SAF

i bet if u had every simpsons epoisode on tape because once in a while you can cut a state off ....for example ...they went to florida on vacation so they obviosly dont live in florida...and they had to go to new york to get homers car when barny left it there...that gets rid of new york and on one episode lisa points to a map of the state they live in the and the entire central east coast is showing but central , west coast and her hand was cut off by sumthing i forget....her hand was pointing toward the middle somewhere becuz her arm was to short to reach to the west coast I bet we could find out if we REALLY wanted too:idea:

It was Bart's head that was covering where her finger was pointing.

But anyways, Springfield is really supposed to represent the typical American city with typical American customs and culture. But it's not supposed to be in any particular state or an actual city. But in my opinion Springfield has a large Los Angeles influence, for one being the SPRINGFIELD sign on the mountain overlooking the city just like the HOLLYWOOD sign overlooks Los Angeles. And if I'm not mistaken the Simpsons are made in Los Angeles, so many of the artists/writers/producers may get their ideas from where they live. Plus how in one episode they drove to Las Vegas... as soon as they left Springfield they were in the desert and next thing you know they're in Vegas... that's how it is here. L.A. is the nearest "big city" to Vegas and right outside L.A. is desert. And I know they've done other things that showed a strong L.A. influence.

in springfield navada, there is a simpsons house that you had a chance to win. the house is a piece by piece replica, in barts room there are a pair of his underware, legible adress, real house, pretty pimp. so technically it would be springfield nevada. my friend works at a u-haul and says theres a springfield in almost every state, so who knows, meh.

Guest KING BLING

I don't want to give a shit but... the reality is this, really: The city is inspired by Springfield Oregon and the entire state of Oregon. The show has too many refrences to Oregon in one way or another that were in place in the FIRST season to even allow other possibilities. All this other "evidence" comes after it became a running gag.

But the thing was created with the intention to be Anywhere USA, no one really gave a shit about location. Than as the show progressed it used all the discussion around its location for humor and fun. Inspired by Oregon, encompassing all of America...

Originally posted by KING BLING

I don't want to give a shit but... the reality is this, really: The city is inspired by Springfield Oregon and the entire state of Oregon. The show has too many refrences to Oregon in one way or another that were in place in the FIRST season to even allow other possibilities. All this other "evidence" comes after it became a running gag.

But the thing was created with the intention to be Anywhere USA, no one really gave a shit about location. Than as the show progressed it used all the discussion around its location for humor and fun. Inspired by Oregon, encompassing all of America...

THIS MAN KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK IS UP :king: :king: :king:

Archived