our milky way galaxy

Santa Claus

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~astroterp/galaxy.jpg'>

for the first time in my life, i saw the milky way's dense cloud of stars stretching across the night sky. while on vacation in california, we stayed in twain harte, up in the hills, and the sky was not tainted by the city lights that i've grown up with. at first glance i thought i was seeing a cloud stretching through the sky, but upon closer inspection, i realized that it was the milky way. for someone who's never seen it before, it was a very awe inspiring sight. things of this sort used to hold more importance in my life, and i'd forgotten about the beauty that can be found in the night sky.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Stapler

Space is dope, when ever i see a pic like that it makes me want to be an astronaut or just pay my way to space like those 2 rich guys did.

haha...no shit.

last months Discover had this article about how china is hoping to send a human into space by 2005. to put this in perspective, the same issue of Discover had an article about how theres teams of guys from the US that are competing to be the first independently funded people in space. crazy shit....

Originally posted by willy.wonka

thats not our galaxy...thats some other person's galaxy...

im a big treker..

seriously, it is, how could we take a picture of our galaxy? its like taking a picture of your house from the living room.

Guest Retnilps

that picture wasnt taken from earth smart guy. but we can see a great deal of the galaxy since were on the outer portion of it. i think thats what my teacher said once.

Archived