OBEY YOUR GRAF - DRINK SPRITE

Guest FWS^ONE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest FWS^ONE
SKUMBALUCKAH TEMPER is a UK writer. They are availible all over the UK and are on pretty much all the sprite cans and bottles you buy here now.

THANKS FOR THE LINK...

i caught those bottles n cans over in UK very ill that a writer gets exposure like that now that i think about it i should have brought a few bottles back to the states could have sold dem bitches oh well at least i seen em with me own eyes... oh and the plastic bottle are a larger and therefore better image then the short cans... try and find a flick of those for the full effect.

and dont forget... fight corporate AMERICA.

------------------

t r a i n s

they dont even look like a writer did them. it looks like generic illustrator work to me. and you that said, "and remember- fight corporate america"...you wanted to bring back cans to sell for profit. thats as greedy as the sprite co using this guy's art for profit. obey their thirst for money suckers.

Guest freddy kreuger
Originally posted by when1.0:

wow... how XTREEM!

dude, when i drink sprite for now on i am gfoing to feel so much more hip. i mean they actually kow about our little subculture and use it to make people think they are "down".

artists are entitled to make good money doing what they love but sprite won on that on, not temper. sure he's "up" on millions of cans across his country, but now just a little bit more of our world has been made pretty and safe for the consumer.

fuck the xgames.

sprite is not hip.

mountain dew sucks more than limp biskit.

corporations make they're business buying your life and selling it right back to you.

so don't buy it.

this is no dis in particular to temper, but watch out what your buying cause it may just destroy the life you love.

not to bitch and moan, but power to the dude...im sure he got a decent chunk of change from it...shit like that doesnt bother me one bit...i dont drink sprite and graffiti will always be illegal.

Guest MR BOJANGLES
Originally posted by KIDTV:

I think OLD ENGLISH 40oz should sponser writers.

THATS THE SPIRIT!!! ON THAT NOTE, WHERES MY BEER?

i would prolly take the check too.but he did sell out.something looked down apon in our fucked up scene.but yah know,i gotta pay rent at the first of every month.i dont know about you,but i aint rich.im gutter and pay my own bills,and they come every month.so what i sayin is i would prolly sell out too if i had the chance,and ya know what.i'd be comfy in my own place paid for by some yuppie fuck.isnt that getting over also.

Guest FWS^ONE

This is what temper said in answer 'selling out'

Have you been accused of 'selling out' because you work with Sprite?

Well, yes I have, but my main brief from Sprite was 'do not dilute your work'. They didn't ask me to tow the line. Still, it's more than that. When I first started 'tagging' (my name), I wanted to tag as many places as possible, as many times as possible. So what's the difference now? I'm just getting to tag 50 million cans! More importantly, it means that graf is being seen in a proper light, being seen as a legitimate art and people will look at graffiti in a new way. I get support from 95% of artists on the scene, they know how important it is to get coverage and be taken seriously. I am being true to my style and want people to know that graf artists are creators not destroyers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/so/extreme/images/skate/tempergirlcan_big.jpg'> http://www.bbc.co.uk/so/extreme/images/skate/temperboycan.jpg'>

and im surprised ppl arent like "u sell out peice of shit.."

------------------

"now how can i perfect this? livin' recless, die for my neclace"

- http://www.nastradamus.com/gfx/nav/nas.gif'>

[This message has been edited by theFUME (edited 08-21-2001).]

wow... how XTREEM!

dude, when i drink sprite for now on i am gfoing to feel so much more hip. i mean they actually kow about our little subculture and use it to make people think they are "down".

artists are entitled to make good money doing what they love but sprite won on that on, not temper. sure he's "up" on millions of cans across his country, but now just a little bit more of our world has been made pretty and safe for the consumer.

fuck the xgames.

sprite is not hip.

mountain dew sucks more than limp biskit.

corporations make they're business buying your life and selling it right back to you.

so don't buy it.

this is no dis in particular to temper, but watch out what your buying cause it may just destroy the life you love.

------------------

Xasp.ta.mmwX

Guest diggity
Originally posted by KIDTV:

I think OLD ENGLISH 40oz should sponser writers.

and hurricane should sponcer the american bum.

and today on real world...

i think graffiti is looked at in a different light than over here. more of an artform than destruction. but if you wanna look at it in the bomber "whos got more ups" way, that fool is mass produced. millions of cans all with his shit on them. hate him or suck his dick, hes still up more than you.

Guest FWS^ONE
i think graffiti is looked at in a different light than over here. more of an artform than destruction. but if you wanna look at it in the bomber "whos got more ups" way, that fool is mass produced. millions of cans all with his shit on them. hate him or suck his dick, hes still up more than you.
True true

Originally posted by ILYSH:

i bought a can of yoo-hoo from a machine and it had tag letters all over it that said "yoo-hoo" i thought it was corny so i wrapped a napkin around the can

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA funniest thing ever

i am an artist. i would love to live comfortabley doing what i want rather than working some shitty job i hate just because i wont sell my art. fuck being a starving artist. that is not my point.

what temper said makes sence.

but what you have to be carefull of is making lame a whole idea or subculture, makeing it the property of some corporation and thus mainstream culture.

rancid, green day and blink 182 are doing what they love. they are making a lot of money and having a lot of fun. but the only reason they are where they are is because they have agreed to sell the name of punk rock to Mtv. they are not punk rock. they are no different from britteny spears or the backstreet boys and do fashion ads in the same teen magazines.

woudln't it suck to see cope in Seventeen talking about how ill a bomber he was.

graf doesn't have to be legal to be mainstream, to be subverted by corporate advertising. pretty soon sprite will sponsor graf jams. thus buying the legal, safe, and more "art" end of graf. what will be left is the raw shit which will still be used as backgroungs for hip commercials, but it will be the only thing not sold out. and then we are just a bunch of vandals.

i guess i am paranoid and make no sence. but there is something very ominous about things like this to me.

------------------

Xasp.ta.mmwX

Originally posted by LUKY:

yeah, but is this really graff? think about it...

its fucking illustration work using techniques and style this guy developed from graf. nothing wrong with that. i bet he got a good coin from that shit too...time to start sending art samples to sprite. i need to pay my rent too.

Archived