Smoking Cigarettes...

REGULATOR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sneak

i smoke when im bored, which seems to be a hell of a lot of the time. however, i smoke rolling baccy, which is a little bit better than actual fags. i herd this was bcos it was just tobacco, none of those heavy chemicals.

i smoke two ciggs in the morning...i smoke two cigs at night...i smoke two cigs afternoon it makes me feel alright..i smoke two cigs in time of peace and two in time of war...i smoke two cigs before i smoke two cigs...and then i smoke two more.....:D :beat":D :beat:

i smoke too much. for some reason i always feel compelled to finish my pack before i go to sleep. so if i buy a pack at like 11pm..the pack is gone in like 4 hours. its weird, i really dont want to smoke but do it anyway. when i dont have any ports im fine..but when i have a pack i chain smoke like none other. a few weeks ago i got really sick of them, im not sure if it was a 'bad pack' (is that possible?) but every puff just tasted like straight chemicals. i felt like i was inhaling bleach. so i gave them up for close to 2 weeks but then started back up. i need to quit again. plus i hate how i feel like im gasping for air after i get done smoking.

Originally posted by mapo wc

i smoke too much. for some reason i always feel compelled to finish my pack before i go to sleep. so if i buy a pack at like 11pm..the pack is gone in like 4 hours. its weird, i really dont want to smoke but do it anyway. when i dont have any ports im fine..but when i have a pack i chain smoke like none other. a few weeks ago i got really sick of them, im not sure if it was a 'bad pack' (is that possible?) but every puff just tasted like straight chemicals. i felt like i was inhaling bleach. so i gave them up for close to 2 weeks but then started back up. i need to quit again. plus i hate how i feel like im gasping for air after i get done smoking.

You smoke newports? If so, stop now. It is the worst cigarette out there (well..not that cigarettes are bad for you...) But newports are like 45% chemicals. I smoked newports for about a year and I started coughing up blood. They are rumored to have fiber glass in them.

i heard that about newports. although i dont see how they could have as much chemicals as marlboros..marlboro reds and menthols just seem way more harsh. but who knows.

in 10th grade we were talking about smoking in class one time and this kid said he used to smoke 1.5 packs of ports a day..until he started coughing up blood. guess you guys have the same story.

Originally posted by REGULATOR

so who here does it.....ive done it here and there and smoked alot last summer but honestly i can say i do not like them....they make me sorta tired and i dont like the way they feel in my lungs....and theres like no reason to do em anyways...you dont get buzzed or nothing....ill take a joint over a newport anyday

i also just dont see the point of smokeing cigarettes. It doesnt really look that cool.. u dont get anything at all out of it execpt fucked up lungs and wasted money. U dont get a buzz or a high off of it. maybe a little head rush when u first start but thats it.

U might be a chain smoker for the rest of ur life and not get lung cancer or anything. But then u might smoke for a couple years and get cancer or some problems. all of u ppl that smoke always have the attitude that "oh it wont happen to me" or "dont worry i'll quit in a year or 2".

u ppl think ur tuff walking down the street smoking? if u wanna be tuff walk down the street with a joint or something like that.. even walking down the street with a joint doesnt look that tuff..

all of the ppl that are really cool. Like when u meet them ur like that guys fucking cool. Those ppl almost never smoke. Its the ppl that wanna look cool are always the smokers.. seriously

my 2 cents...

I personally started from drinking, i would enjoy a few drags off a cigarette when i was partying with my friends, so when i started smoking a few a night on the nights i drank, i figured, hey, i'll buy a pack for when i drink ONLY. this was one of the stupidest things to do, for you slow children. Now i smoke and am addicted, i've gone one full day without smoking this summer, and i felt it the next day(headache all day).

damn, it's gonna be a long summer.......

here's another 2 cents while i'm at it:

Madbomber: I personally don't find your figures to add up correctly, and keep in mind that i'm talking from personal experience, i'm by no means saying all circumstances. For the most part, all the people i hang out with smoke, and all the people i seem to run into that i think are good people, more often than not smoke. I've actually thought about this prior to this thread, i even put i was a smoker on my college applications before i was one, just so i would be around people who smoked, because i thought to myself, and the odds are good for me at least, that i will congregate better with someone who puffs on a camel.(good call oh, hello)

and shit, corporations run all our lives anyways, why shouldn't they help kill us too...

Re: here's another 2 cents while i'm at it:

Originally posted by ANSWER

Madbomber: I personally don't find your figures to add up correctly, and keep in mind that i'm talking from personal experience, i'm by no means saying all circumstances. For the most part, all the people i hang out with smoke, and all the people i seem to run into that i think are good people, more often than not smoke. I've actually thought about this prior to this thread, i even put i was a smoker on my college applications before i was one, just so i would be around people who smoked, because i thought to myself, and the odds are good for me at least, that i will congregate better with someone who puffs on a camel.(good call oh, hello)

and shit, corporations run all our lives anyways, why shouldn't they help kill us too...

oh so confusing..

im not sure what u ment because u used some really big words but what i ment was not all smokers are fakes but alot of them are.

Originally posted by madbomber

i also just dont see the point of smokeing cigarettes. It doesnt really look that cool.. u dont get anything at all out of it execpt fucked up lungs and wasted money. U dont get a buzz or a high off of it. maybe a little head rush when u first start but thats it.

U might be a chain smoker for the rest of ur life and not get lung cancer or anything. But then u might smoke for a couple years and get cancer or some problems. all of u ppl that smoke always have the attitude that "oh it wont happen to me" or "dont worry i'll quit in a year or 2".

u ppl think ur tuff walking down the street smoking? if u wanna be tuff walk down the street with a joint or something like that.. even walking down the street with a joint doesnt look that tuff..

all of the ppl that are really cool. Like when u meet them ur like that guys fucking cool. Those ppl almost never smoke. Its the ppl that wanna look cool are always the smokers.. seriously

umm yeah...

i dont smoke to look cool, i actually enjoy the taste of a good cigarette

i dont think walking down the street with a joint makes you a tough guy in the least bit

if you smoke to look tough or cool you might as well shoot yourself in the head

only non-cool people smoke huh? id like to dispute that

i find that smokers have much better social skills than non-smokers

and ill tell you why... when you are smoking outside of anywhere its more

than likely that someone else will be smoking along side of you

and you more than likely will strike up a conversation with them

smoking equals talking to people, talking to people and not being an arrogant ass

equals cool... to me at least

hell everything these days will give you cancer, might as well enjoy it

do u understand what im trying to say ppl? ur all gonna die!

i used to smoke bidis all the time. i was like, "theyre not cigarettes". i didnt know that theyre just the leftover shit from the factories mixed in with a little clove and wrapped in eucalyptus (i have no fuckin idea how to spell that). those shits are actually a lot worse for you than cigarettes. i dont think they are as addicting though. theyll give you stomach cancer.

Sorry for the confusion

Madbomber, here's a breakdown of what i was saying: most of my friends are smokers as am i, so i was building up my arguement in defense. On the other hand, i agree very much with When, because everywhere you see smokers, they're like a subculture or better yet culture, anytime you want a conversation starter for a smoker you can ask to bum a fuckin' cigarette. And i believe smokers do have good communication skills, and you know what, the majority of smokers start to cope with a personal problem, but i hate to hear about peoples problems and i dont even know why i brought that up. But cancer is killing people almost as quick as car wrecks, death is not an issue anymore in my opinion, i could die so many different ways everyday, and the likelyhood of you lasting until your old is slim anyway, so fuck, deck yourself out with some camel royals and go nuts. -peace

and if you can't acquire a taste, shit, you can find bud in just about any city in america, and about as easy as cigarettes no less, dont you love it.

answer, i know exactly what you mean. when i was in france i used asking for cigarettes as a pickup line. it worked pretty good. you just ask for a cigarette, if they give you one you try talkin to em a little and if theyre into it cool and if not you say fuck you you french bitch. anyway though, i dont smoke cigarettes so that was a one night thing. i feel the same way abou herb though. its a good scial drug. its a reason to get together and chill or to meet people or whatever. and it doesnt fuck you up as much as cigarettes.

Logical Consequences

I used to smoke. I smoked for 13 years, and quit when I was in the service.

I started when I was 13, because we thought it looked grown-up and we were desparate to be teenagers before the world ran out of coolness and we didn't get any. That was in 1963.

I quit when I was 26 because our company commander was a long-distance runner and he was convinced that running the ever-lovin' shit out of the company every day was going to make us better Marines and the world a safer place for marathon runners to get off on endorphins. The average age of my company was about 18 or 19. I was 26--that's a huge difference. After the third time I came draggin' in with the 40-year-old gunny and the battalion sergeant major, way back in the pack behind the company, the CO threatened to put me on "remedial PT." That means I would have to get up and meet the Sgt Maj and his Fatbody Dawn Patrol at 0330 every morning. Fuck that. So I went back to the barracks, opened my locker and gave away every pack of cigarettes that I had, pretty much an entire carton. My young Marines were happy campers. I started running every day at lunch, and every other day after work I would either go surfing at Trestles or go lift weights. Before I got out I was running a 1st Class PFT in the 17-to-22 year-old category. My best time for three miles was 21:10. That's not great, but I had been smoking for 13 years.

Smoking kills 440,000 Americans a year. It's a bad way to die, too. It takes a long time and you gasp for every breath. Just fucking quit and be done with it.

Archived