The End of the Line

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SteveAustin

That car died (to me) waaaay back in 72...when they stopped being muscle cars.

TONS of badass cars went the way of the Dodo that year, Pontiac, GM and Ford all lost some viscious cars in 72...

Originally posted by Smart

you know, I'm not here to justify anything, I'm here to telling you to keep a civil fucking tounge in your mouth

Dear Smart,

1) you can try, its not fucking happening. and askin me to keep a civil tounge would get you further

2) claiming you have a valid arguement but not proving it, for whatever reason, proves your full of shit, you might as well keep your arguement to yourself in this case, cause even if you do (and you do sometimes), your not goin to prove it so whats the use?

3) you need to tell the other 3/4's of this board to keep a civil tounge too, instead of focusin on me, loser

4) you werent tellin me to keep a civil tounge in my mouth when all this shit started, thats not how it started, so save me the drama... queen and stop actin like your preformin this board a service by havin me on your mind

5) your constantly on a mission to prove to yourself and everyone else here that your the better man, so be it, walk away, if your not threatened by my shit for opinions then why do you waste your time on them? but...

6) you can still... just... shut... the... fuck... up... damn

shouldnt you be in some other threads acting like your important? leave me alone, its as easy as keepin my name outta your civil fuckin mouth, what the fuck

Originally posted by Smart

TONS of badass cars went the way of the Dodo that year, Pontiac, GM and Ford all lost some viscious cars in 72...

word.

I have some very fond memories of blowing the doors off of mid to late 70's vettes. the 70's really ushered in a death in style (for cars) and performance.

Originally posted by !CEBERG

5) your constantly on a mission to prove to yourself and everyone else here that your the better man, so be it, walk away, if your not threatened by my shit for opinions then why do you waste your time on them?

I think you bring the board down and disrupt the flow when you voice your bigoted opinions and I'm damn sure gonna mention it when I see it. You should forget about everyone else here and just worry about your damn self... instead of trying to tell people like Mopius what 'everybody' thinks.

Once again, back to cars...

Originally posted by SteveAustin

word.

I have some very fond memories of blowing the doors off of mid to late 70's vettes. the 70's really ushered in a death in style (for cars) and performance.

There were at least 2 events that killed the muscle cars, the first being the newly enacted CAFE laws that placed minimum MPG ratings on cars. Though, manufacturers were free to make the cars and engines there were heavy tax penalties placed on both specific models AND the overall (total production) average MPG.

The other thing was that the insurance companies spiked coverage costs on muscle cars. This was not totally without merit, alot of returning soldiers and kids with too much money made some REALLY poor decisions behind the wheel. The comparison of fatal accidents between the 428 Cobra and the 289 Cobra are something like 4:1.

In that particular case I have long believed that the 428s are WAY overpowered for that size car, I think the relatively more forgiving margin of error the 289 offers makes for a better and safer car. But, that's basically a rollerskate with a rocket engine.

The 70's was a stylistic quagmire for alot of design...

Guest SPLINTER

yeah after 72 all the greats went out

Camaro

GTO

Chevelle :king:

Nova

Charger

Cuda

Road Runner

and the Mach 1 and Boss Mustangs (the others werent very muscular.)

but the the Camaro was the only one to make a comeback in the late 80s and early 90s which lasted till todays model. Sure the Mustang 5.Os of the late 80s and early 90s were great but the new ones have lost a lot of street credit.

the only car that survived through it all was the corvette although the early 90s models couldnt compare to their ancestors, it held its ground.

Archived