Proper Rock Concert Etiquette

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the first concert I ever went to was a punk concert, And I had no idea what I was in store for.

I came out:

-with scratches all over me

-throwing up blood

-bruised chest (ribs)

-dirty fucking clothes

-bump on my head

-sexually harassed, and my bra strap ripped.

fucking crap.

Originally posted by swif1

I'm going to see System of a Down.

word.

Don't expect to get seriously hurt. I saw them and was in the pit the whole time, basically, it's "let's run in a cirlce and rub up against each other."

I had a discussion with my super metal friend and he was saying metal pits are tougher than hardcore pits. I've been in both. I'm saying Hardcore. My firend's defense was, "Hardcore pits everyone just dances." Yes, we dance, but these dances we are doing may cause you to get punched in the head numberous times.

So Bottom line, if you can handle yourself you'll be fine at the system show, if you aren't sure, just test the waters.

Key things to remember when going into a concert, punk. metal or whatever..If your there to listen and not "participate" STAY OUT OF THE PIT! you can't fuckin miss it geez. Also try not to start a pit because it seems cool at the time. I went to OzzFest a few years back and I couldn't begin to count the 14-15 yr. old stompin around in brand new Doc Martins, red laces and all, to every fuckin song that was played. Just don't be an idiot, not every concert is like a fuckin video. And also, there is, and I repeat, there is never ever any movement closely resembling those described above at a DashBoard Confessionals un-plugged gig..Fuckin shit on MTV made me sick..but then again most everything on there does. Also, if you go to a concert, and I forget how many times I've seen this happen, especially at Hardcore shows(Comin Correct's show for example) if it says on the flyer "NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS", fuckin follow the rules. This isn't a Jefferson Airplane concert for shit sake.

Sorry for Ranting..Stress is killin me..women... I tell ya

Guest Dyptheria

System of a Down.

Throw rotten tomatoes at them for being such a shitty band

Guest sneak

why the fuck would you want to go see a band which is adorded by 10 - 16 year olds across the world, all who wear exactly the same fucking clothes blah fucking blah

if you arent prepared dont go in the pit

just kick back and listen to the music

ive left many a concert bloody shoeless and beaten

its all in the fun if you are prepared

system of a down sucks by the way

• 3 weeks later...

Pulse Ultra (montreal, canada)

messiah(?) (i think they're from stockholm, sweden)

down (my friend told me the lead signer is also the lead singer of pantera...or something of that nature)

system of a down

word.

this guy traded two floor tickets for me and my friend's tickets. so it was the four of us on the floor(my other two friends already had floor tickets).

as soon as messiah(?) came on. bitches were pushing and shoving each other. same goes for down.

when soad came on, god fuckin' dammit, it felt like i was in an LA riot. pushing and shoving is an understatement, yo. i didn't even bother going into the moshpit.

so after the concert, when the lights turned on, the bottom part of my pants and shoes are black from being stepped on, my white shirt covered in my sweat, my shirt has black furry lint things all over from being jammed between people, the fear of catching ringworms from all the people i was trying to avoid and i was thirsty too.

oh yeah, there were two very good looking girls who got backstage passes on the spot. they walked away with a security guard before the show. shall we call them sluts? nah. on second thou--nevermind.

system of a down closed their set with sugarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

yay.

oh yeah. this is my first concert.

Re: Re: Proper Rock Concert Etiquette

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

Don't expect to get seriously hurt. I saw them and was in the pit the whole time, basically, it's "let's run in a cirlce and rub up against each other."

Mis... where'd you see them?

Originally posted by DEE38

the first concert I ever went to was a punk concert, And I had no idea what I was in store for.

I came out:

-with scratches all over me

-throwing up blood

-bruised chest (ribs)

-dirty fucking clothes

-bump on my head

-sexually harassed, and my bra strap ripped.

Same here.....except for the bra strap. It was fucking awesome.......

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Same here.....except for the bra strap. It was fucking awesome.......

:lol:

awesome. should i also bring mace?

fuck, go in full plate mail and weild a fuckin 6 foot claymore so you can take some shit out, maybe trash thier equipment, that makes them happy

Archived