question for east coast people:

niseNSF

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by cheerleader

i was just in manhatten this weekend....and im like, this is some real graffiti....

Word, myself included. I got busy but the city stays busier. New York City is unfuckwithable.

And those MSK heads are making noise in parts of Jersey where noise hasn't really been made in a long time. Especially Ceaze.

But yo, I can draw a parallel to your "M" sightings. That 323 head has haunted me in several different cities, on both coasts. 323 marker tags everywhere.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nyc por vida....PHAME CINIK EARSNOT SKUFY RYNO VFR VYELS for mayor.

yo no offense but putting phame and especially vyles in the same catagory as skuf and vfr is an insult.... phame was up a bit and vyles i seen up like 2 or 3 times in les...i travel all the nooks and crannies of nyc and vfr has shit laying around in places people even writers wouldnt go..

Guest ilikeskulls.
Originally posted by Ted Wakowski

But yo, I can draw a parallel to your "M" sightings. That 323 head has haunted me in several different cities, on both coasts. 323 marker tags everywhere.

i hear you on that.323 has some weird spots...down the block from my house...boom there it is on a trash can...then it's on the same block as my girlfriends house in a different city.they're always marker tags too never anything else that i've seen.i see it randomly.same shit with orfn.

"Off the topic but the SKUF is too fresh."-jtf

amen..........

"i don't know how old it is.. but there's an unfinished revok bridge near the west side highway."-cover

near the west side hwy? no i think you mean right fucking over the middle of it....and even in its unfinished state its fucking ill....guys got fucking dedication, to bad the third try wasnt a charm.....

sorry cheer, but no scoop......

yeah the internet is a fucked up thing i think WAY to many heads get props for nothing i mean shit....and that whole sace thing that dude was up alot wen i was in town a few months ago people hate mostly because of jealousy and envy!!! do ur own thing and dont worry about anyone else and youll be just fine!!!!:cool:

Guest Showoff

map still has some high spots off the Q line in BK and I see his scratchies on the trains on a regular basis.

I like the M, it looks evil, like graf should.

Only MSK shit i saw was the phunfactory off the 7 last summer, but legal graf is an oxymoron of dead newborn proportions.

a few responses: 323 is the kid who writes DELVE, and is almost always in krink or silver marker...he lived in philly for a minute, was in sf, and now nyc i believe....i never came across dude, but some of my people did. ive noticed that almost every flick of a tagged up door from manhattan has a 323 on it.

whoever said i couldnt put VYELS and PHAME on my little list: listen, hombre...first, im from philly, so excuse my non-ny expertise. but in my defense, i like to balance the old and new. i think i understand the difference between vfr and vyels pretty well, but i still think theyre both fresh as shit.....i get your point, but it wasnt meant to be an exhaustive list or a perfect list...just a quick stream of consciousnees kind of list of fillin cats that i dig seeing. thats all..

3524 KGB: yeah, ive got in a zillion arguments about this: the fact that theres no equity in graff rep....someone like sace, who i think is banging, is considered "overexposed"??? and then some cat will do a few street spots in some po-dunk town where there is no vandal squad, no risk of getting ragged the next day or stamped by other writers....and get JOCKED, str8 up. shit just aint right. this is what motivated me to get on the net in like 96ish and start the website i used to run...mad legal clowns in philly were mailing in legal flicks to zines, and blowing up with national rep. meanwhile, back at the ranch, all kinds of kids put in hella amounts of work for zero shine. i guess thats the cutthroat business of modern net/zine graff, but that shit sucks to me. i still think WEST and DERO should be getting rep royalty checks from every clown writer in the midwest who was coast -2- coast news 8 months after *starting* to paint.

some cat will do a few street spots in some po-dunk town where there is no vandal squad, no risk of getting ragged the next day or stamped by other writers....and get JOCKED, str8 up. shit just aint right.

this is why freights don't exite me... whats so special about going to a yard in the middle of nebraska where nobody cares, or will come to bop you, and painting everynight. and we all know the the majority of the freight writers buy their paint... no risk involved at all. It's like having the cheat code to a video game. sure it's fun at first, but then you realize that you really didnt do anything and if everyone used the code and nobody played with risks involved the game would suck.

What is graff without the adrenaline rush? it's like painting in your basement... without the dizzyness and rainbow bugers..

Guest GEAsusONEnep

DERO should be getting rep royalty checks from every clown writer in the midwest who was coast -2- coast news 8 months after *starting* to paint.

Why do you say that?

Guest Ted Wakowski

Delve huh? Is 323 a crew or something then? And yeah, tags on every door or electric box or whatever. There was a 323 tag in my shower this morning. I was like "what the fuck?"

Originally posted by Proph UAcrew

this is why freights don't exite me... whats so special about going to a yard in the middle of nebraska where nobody cares, or will come to bop you, and painting everynight. and we all know the the majority of the freight writers buy their paint... no risk involved at all. It's like having the cheat code to a video game. sure it's fun at first, but then you realize that you really didnt do anything and if everyone used the code and nobody played with risks involved the game would suck.

What is graff without the adrenaline rush? it's like painting in your basement... without the dizzyness and rainbow bugers..

the dizzyness and rainbow boogers are still there, trust me...

as far as the sole modivation behind painting freights, who is really keeping tabs???? the medium shouldn't control or confine the message, as the message is still there in one form or another. and the message is the written word.

as far as the validilty of those kids out there painting nothing but freights, who really cares beside some whining internet boy-toy...

i don't.

Originally posted by GEAsusONEnep

Why do you say that?

yo, brah, you gotta try leaving philly now and then. or at least, if your gonna be on the net, try learning about graff *outside* of NEP.

not DERO aia.....DERO TC5 from new york, a legendary piecer who influenced 1000s of kids (like me) and gets less props these days than kids wit 5 or 6 legal pieces in cincinatti ohio.

PROPH UAcrew: i totally agree....theres just so many writers in la, ny, philly, sf, atlanta, miami, chicago, boston, dc, balto, seattle, etc (this list isnt exhaustive!!) that really put their necks out for years with little to no rep. they painted their towns for the fuck of it, and slid off into obscurity. now there these writers today that do about 10% of the amount of work, but make sure every last thign they paint gets printed or posted on the internet, and within a few months, theyre hot shit.

granted (someone else said this i think) the real heads know the deal...but its still ki nd of depressing i guess to see this culture falling into the hands of lazy kids who think all these old heads are like jokes to them. i know when i came up, i wanted to have old heads respect me, to keep the culture moving....today these kids from nowhereville are like: "fuck COPE2, he doesnt even do dimensional 3D pieces!!! my boy DEFEX7 from montreal/toledo/flynt could burn him!!!"

shit just aint right.

and the video game cheat is like the best analgoy ive heard in a while....its so true...these yougn bucks may be skipping all the hard work it took to get to the top, but in the end, itll never be the same. we all know it.

3524: yeah no doubt..thats my problem with new york....i gotta serious job, like chicks, like music, movies, eating, shopping, my fam, etc...graff seems like is has to be a full time job practically to really make a dent, let alone stay on top...i think some people are cut out for it...i know im not. thats why i respec tthe fuck outta that town forever....same with LA..in both towns, theres writers that have done more work than you can imagine, and have no rep outside of that city. then you got these fucks who paint a few fr8s, scan them in, or send them to scribble mag and next thing you know, niggaz be like "eruptoe is king!!!" im like....yo, like JTF said above....SKUFY has done more work in one borough and cats dont even give that cat no credit. not to even pick on eruptoe, (but i will cause he came to pittsburgh and talked mad shit about philly hands cause he thinks hes nicer than he is) but theres maaaad cats around the US with lots of "rep" and very little work put in.

i was just in manhatten this weekend, and i still saw tons of remo btb joints....and im like, this is some real graffiti....i dont know why new york has become this microcosm..why are writers from ohio getting everything they do printed or posted, yet cats that spend years trying to keep a few fillins running in competition with 300 other cats get nada....makes no sense.

nyc por vida....PHAME CINIK EARSNOT SKUFY RYNO VFR VYELS for mayor. fuck guiliani and whoever the fuck that new dude is.

there should be a new rule on 12 oz. no nyc flicks from south of 14th street or williamsburg. that would clear things up a lot for those that don't know.

Guest HELEX

THATS SUPPOSED TO BE AN "M"?

What and the hell was he smoking, or actually

what and the hell do i have to smoke to see that as

a "M"?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Guest ASTISM

Damn yal cats can just talk it up can't you - and that was just one flik!

Forget the NYC debate and the MSK eastcoast reps; I'm assuming people know the drilliani (atleast to a degree). As for the Maps stuff...I remember seeing a lot of his shit off the F in BK and some other trains lines too - tons of it too. Not like ripping the streets up - always went smallish too. As for seeing him up all over the east coast my theory is that the "M" he rocks falls into that cliche punk-rock crusty kid analogy - meaning it's probably different people. It's late 80's doodling in your school book twisted sister/slayer type shit. Who knows how many back street city boys snorting crystal meth and listening to suicidal tendecies could come up with similar designs.

I dunno maybe I'm wrong. I remember one train line wall in BK in like 97 (I forget which one but it was elevated) and it must of had like 25 of those M's on it. Looks like I can talk it up too.

Archived