fuck terrorist bullshit

freeze

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn Im almost getting sick of this thread, but not yet.Cracked ass that was a damn good analysis on the stand points.I actually was semi conservative in my beliefs before I started school again and pondered the question of why we have a surplus of goods yet billions starve? Thats what begun me on my quest for the truth that still continues. No matter what I believed, i had the underlying resentment of being raised knowin that somehow I was getting screwed over. I mean my culture had flourished in the americas for thousands of years and now were reduced to slave labor and worse. Thats why feel that any conservetive view is either half assed and biased(cuz of personal benefits)or just ignorant. I set out with a clean slate and read a lot to find facts that pointed me in the direction that things aint right. Anyways, I must argue that man naturally acted in packs and tribes in the beginning, which means human nature has some semblence of cooperation and sharing in its essence. It seems Capitalism is based on competition which puts people in an unatural position, creating turmoil for many for the profit of a few.

I agree with Esai.

"It seems Capitalism is based on competition which puts people in an unatural position, creating turmoil for many for the profit of a few."

I find this mindset behind actions to be wrong. Therefore, I dont condone anything behind it. For lack of better words, shit is real fucked up. Fuck the man in charge, live morally for yourself with common sense and compassion twoards your fellow human.

rogue, hemp was one example. and it has potential to have a big impact on the world if used right. even if people develop it for the soul purpose of profit, mass producing it for fuel, paper, rubber, plastics, linens and other fabrics, food, and tons or smaller miscellaneas would have a big impact on the environment and economy. but that alone isnt going to save the world. solar energy is good, hydro, wind. why do you think travel wouldnt be possible. theres good enough technology to create clean means of travel.but alot more is going to have to change too. there does seem to be more people wisening up about weed. the prison system in the US is fucking ridiculous. they have way more people in prison than any other country in the world. over two million people. a lot of those people are in there are nonviolent criminals. what do you thinks gonna happen when a harmless person gets thrown in a cage with a bunch of thugs and other hardcore motherfuckers? hes going to adapt to his environment. hes going to come out a lot worse than when he went in. rehabilitation is a much better method. i know there are plenty of people that are too far gone or too crazy or violent to be rehabilitated but there are plenty in tere that could too. im not talking about violent criminals. im talking about criminals who do shit cus they dont really know what else to do or they have a lot of problems they dont know how to deal with. rehabilitation is no fun place. it would still be punishment but it could teach them how to fit into society better and they would most likely come out a lot better than when they went in, instead of worse. the education system needs improvement. they need to stop censoring the media; people need to know whats going on. if people only knew half the shit, a hell of a lot more would start making changes. they program dummies over there. they dont want people to know how to behave civily because they would wake up and realize that its retarded to spend so much money on pointless shit they dont need. consumerism is booming and a handfull of people are making astronomical amounts of money and gaining more and more power every year. anyway. i said i dont expect it to come and if it does it wont be too soon. maybe when it gets so bad people have to turn to something. i dont know. but consumerism, greed, ignorance, and arrogance arent helping anything. yeah, i think everyone on 12oz will remember me forever as knowledgeable good person for these posts man. thats why i come on here. the 70 people in the world that see this shit are gonna tell everyone they know, and everyone they know is going to tell everyone they know, and so fourth."i could be wrong." thats definitely my real motive behind writing page long posts to internet graff heads though. im sorry if i offended your pappy. man. sounds like you have everything all figured out anyway so im just going to stop wasting my breath on you guys and get some desperately needed sleep.

tribal nature

Study your sociology boys and girls, its all school yard politics...

we did not form tribes out of some need to be brothers or a desire for cooperation. tribes were formed as a means of protection and keeping out the wild and insuring the sucess of the tribe even and sometimes especially at the expense of others. sure we have a need to be around others like us but that invariably wether it be a tribe, a schoolyard club, a multinational business or a political structure. we are simply pack animals and it is a very thin strand of dna that seperates the business man or corporate leader from a tribal elder who is hungry for power.

this is our nature and we should do the best we can within our system to survive and thrive... but as for mass change dont hold your breath, just do your thing and try to make litle improvments wherever you can.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world" Mahatma G.

Jah: just out of curiosity (and an undefinable burning desire to antagonize you) you said that you posted here in hopes of being remembered.... were you serious about that? just proves what I was saying about the need for us to be remembered when were gone... mortals constantly seeking imortality due to a fear of death. if you really want to be remembered youd better get a lot louder and in a much more noticable position than just one of a million kids just like you reachin for props anonomously from one of a thousand electronic communities. just a suggestion.

Guest whydontyudie

shoudlnt we be sitting ina low rent apartment with some kids who dont shower a couple of lonestar beers and girls with mohawks?

Re: tribal nature

Originally posted by Rogue23

Jah: just out of curiosity (and an undefinable burning desire to antagonize you) you said that you posted here in hopes of being remembered.... were you serious about that? just proves what I was saying about the need for us to be remembered when were gone... mortals constantly seeking imortality due to a fear of death. if you really want to be remembered youd better get a lot louder and in a much more noticable position than just one of a million kids just like you reachin for props anonomously from one of a thousand electronic communities. just a suggestion.

lol. at least you say it in a funny way. sorry to spoil your fun bro but i was trying to b e about as sarcastic as i could. do you think i really believe people on 12 oz take me seriously or are really going to listen to anything i say, let alone spread the ideas? hahaha. no no no. i thought throwing in, "i could be wrog" would make it more obvious i was joking. i am not seeking imortality in the least. death is my peace. as it is all of yours.

later

Well, even though we have not reached any middle ground, it's been a hell of a good thread, and I think both "sides" (if there is such a thing in a debate like this) have made good points. I'd like to say that some of my posts early on were a little too extreme. I have a (sometimes regrettable) tendency to post late at night when I'm tipping the paisano jug, and while sometimes it creates juice, sometimes it doesn't. As this whole terrorism thing plays out, I think we will all see things that shock and disappoint us. War is bad. But sometimes necessary. Sometimes the "powers that be" manipulate the situation to score points, on both sides. All that aside, I enjoyed this thread a lot.

well, looks like we completely agree on the closing statement (if this is it). i have to say that some of my (quite a few) posts were a little extreme too. not so much in the ideas i expressed, but the way that i presented them. i got a little too into it sometimes and i said some harsh things.

kabar, if you want to get into another intellectual thread, go to "cracked's manifesto". its almost like a continuation of this but its goes way off into other subjects. but equally enticing to me and very interesting.

Smart:

would that be a note of sarcasim I detect?

Jah: cool, glad to hear it, I was a little concerned. sorry if I came off a little strong. I think we are all looking for the same thing just getting at it in different ways. I sincerely hope I am wrong about this being an ongoing problem and that we do grow enough as a race to rise above it.

This world needs all the optimists it can get. its been fun,

kind of a sick pseudointellectual fight club :beat:

Guest Ted Wakowski

KaBar

Originally posted by KaBar

Ted Wakowski---Well, you can be like that, and that's okay. But personally, I think you need some broader horizons. Why not travel to someplace (relatively) close and sort of more-or-less Third World? I suggest El Salvador. You can get there by air from Miami or Houston and it's not so far away that if things really went to shit, or if you got real sick, you couldn't get home pretty quick. Go check it out, Ted. Then come back and tell me how much the U.S. sucks, how we're all insensitive assholes, spoiled rotten, etc., etc. You need some Real World therapy, and I don't mean MTV. Go on. Go have an adventure. You'll see.

I went to Okinawa with the Marine Corps. When I arrived back in the States, to El Toro Marine Corps Air Station in El Toro, CA., I got down on my hands and knees and KISSED THE RUNWAY I was so glad to be home. Go ahead. Go check out the rest of the world. Better remember to take your amoxicillin and your malaria pills though.

I'm late but feel like responding to a few things you wrote anyway.

I didn't write much in this thread but the the few things I put down seemed to lead off on the wrong foot. My viewpoint is different, I think, from what you've made it out to be. I haven't labeled Americans as "insensitive assholes" who are "spoiled rotten," nor have I made such a broad generalization as to declare that the "U.S. sucks." I love this country, and I love a great deal of the principles it was founded on. Unfortunately as much as obviously, I don't think those principles are consistently upheld, and I generally find the nation's founding itself to be completely contradictory to the essence of what "The American Dream" ideally represents, but that kind of shit is old news. Most Americans, from what I've noticed, are aware of certain shortcomings within their past and present. I'm no exception, although I might hold stronger opinions than others.

Specifically relating to your posts, I can agree, to some extent, with one of your strongest points: a lot of domestic anti-american sentiment revolves around a lack of first-hand experience. The critical American who might dismiss patriotism altogether and demand a more "compassionate" or fully liberal order of government probably hasn't tasted their own freedom until they've choked on the often brutal reality of a life outside the spectrum of Western ideology.

That notion I would support.

Where I really start to disagree is with the image you're trying to project of America and its relationship with the rest of the world. While I can make some sense of the point you're heading towards in saying that many third-world or developing countries "choose to be poor," it still seems too one-sided and finger-pointish for me to accept. Maybe I'm just being too naive here, but there seems to be a complex system of oppression, exploitation, hopelessness, laziness, frustration, violence, politics, religious conflict, ignorance and war all bundled together that have helped maintain the "third-world" state of different impoverished and struggling nations for as long as America has been a superpower.

I also disagree with the picture you're painting of a third-world social apathy consciously seperating itself from the established reign of a more Westernized civilization, this sort of living hell of its own accord united in misery by a collective choice to be unamerican. Again, there seems to be a lot more going on beneath the surface than an outright "choice" to live such a difficult life. The position of blame I side with is in noticing the ways America fans the fires of struggle in underdeveloped countries by abusing its own power and capitalizing off of other people's hardships. This may be part of a "harsh real world" that I have yet to undertsand, and protesting it may be a cliche stance to take, but the fact remains, America, like so many other nations from history back up to the present, can do as much bad as it can good, and will most likely continue to do so until the last Happy Meal and inexpensive piece of undeveloped land has been purchased and consumed. I simply chose to disagree with it on the basis of who I am as a person of certain beliefs.

For the most part, I try and season my opinions with a sense of well-roundedness by looking at political and social issues from all sides. However, I ultimately tend to cling to what would probably be labeled more "liberal" or "leftist" points of view in the hopes of subverting my own unguided pessimism and finding something more within myself than typically over-confident American arrogance. Of course, like you say, I'm a young guy, and my views will surely change and mold over time, so it's possible you might one day find me trumpeting an American flag from my picket-fenced front lawn and demonizing anyone who would dare attack my blessed nation while charring up a few hot dogs and playfully squirting lighter fluid at "Walter," the family dog. Who knows.

As far as calling you a redneck, I didn't, I just pointed out that the "fuck-em-all-and-let-'em-rot" mentality you portrayed struck me as something I'd expect out of a typical "redneck's" mouth. Sorry for being a dick, I respect you as an entertaining internet personality and a person who's older and wiser than myself.

Well Said

You are a very articulate guy, and I think that you probably have a gift for expressing things clearly, consisely and succinctly. I'm guessing you're in college. At least I hope you are, because if you aren't , we (as a society) are not doing the right thing. Anyone who can write this well should receive a university education.

Sometimes I find myself venting and posting opinions and ideas that are probably left better unexpressed. When I say that Third World nations "choose" to be poor, obviously I'm not saying that every single person in a given country is making a concious choice of poverty--but in the long run, countries that do not educate their children to think for themselves, or who use a public school system to indoctrinate children are choosing to create a population twelves years hence that lacks he essential ability to create a constitutional republic, with a democratic form of government. Without that foundation, modern capitalism cannot long survive. For a banking system to exist, people must be able to trust the central bank. For sustainable industry, agriculture, energy distribution, etc. to exist, there must be a VALID social contract. Outside of the Americas and Western Europe, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, etc. this cannot be said to exist. People in Third World nations do not want their life savings in rupees, rubles or pesos. They want American dollars, German DM, British pounds or possible Japanese yen. Where we find a stable, valuable, desireable currency, we find a stable, desireable government. This is what the Third World needs, and it starts with elementary school. I wish every government around the world could understand that. It's not about capital investment or a socialized means of production. It's about elementary school.

Guest Ted Wakowski

Re: Well Said

Thanks for being cool. Unfortunately I'm a bit too intoxicated to dive into a discussion of the stuff you mentioned with much clarity. Next time, I guess.

As far as universities go, I'm just a graf writer with an obnoxious chip on my shoulder. A good student I doubt I'd make.

Kabar -

I went to school in India, so I want to speak a bit from personal experience:

Anyway, I went to school there from grade 3 through 10th. It was a boarding school, and it taught in English, and the level of education was very high, and although not a public school, not a very fancy one either. Every time I came home, my parents would have me and my sisters take an equivalency test (I think it was required), and we always came out three, four sometimes six grades ahead. The level of teaching in math and science was far more advanced than highschools in the US, even the private ones. I gained an utterly amazing elementary school and highschool education - AND I now know two foreign languages! I went on to college after tenth grade, and did far above average.

To me, I wouldn't trade it for anything - even though our lifestyle was third world, with no hot water, no heat (and we were in the himalayas), and sporatic electricity - we had a priceless upbringing in a world and culture vastly different from our own. Our diet was ideal: all vegetarian, consisting mostly of rice, vegetables, and legumes - plus extra yummy other indian treats. We were skinny, but we were healthy, and I have to say that my immune system is like steel (I did go through sicknesses and disease at times too though). I LOVED coming home to the luxuries of America, but I treasured the experience of being on my own when I was that young.

It wasn't all rosey for sure. But I got a more than decent education. I can't say that all Indians get a good education, they definitely don't. There is a HUGE population, and the gap between rich and poor is widely visible. The caste system still lingers in the villages, and curses future generations. But, politically, they are not so different than us here in the US. There are many corrupt officials, and many who do good things for the people.

But the education on a whole is above par for US standards, that much I know, and since you were talking about education, I thought I'd tell you about it. In my opinion, our own educational system is heading in a downward spiral - and it's picking up momentum! Kids these days are in trouble.

roo, im sorry im way too tired and lazy right now to read your whole post. but from what i read, thats fuckin cool as hell. my dads going to india in a couple months. i wish i could go but i have courses i need to go to. sounds like you know whatsup....

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was charged with street terrorism among other things when i got caught writing. I'm like this. U.S. should counterattack terrorism with terrorism. We could lace up the desert with landmines or some mad poisinous biogenetically engineered spider and let em loose then poison there camels water supply with syphillis...... boom right there we just totally restricted our oppositions movements then its all computers and missiles from there. next do that to every other country and then americans will be come the super-race and will control the world.

• 2 months later...
I was charged with street terrorism among other things when i got caught writing. I'm like this. U.S. should counterattack terrorism with terrorism. We could lace up the desert with landmines or some mad poisinous biogenetically engineered spider and let em loose then poison there camels water supply with syphillis...... boom right there we just totally restricted our oppositions movements then its all computers and missiles from there. next do that to every other country and then americans will be come the super-race and will control the world.

yeah, that's what we should do.:rolleyes:

if you're an example of an american that aint no super race chump

Archived