REMEMBER WESTCHESTER NY

TGUNNER

This was a good topic on tag page way back.. I figured Id shoot it over here.. What does every remember about westchester.. Writers?? Memorable Pieces?? Pieces Still running? Famous Spots? I thought it would be a good topic!!!:)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

actually most of the best ariters came from 15 minutes east, CT! hahahah, i remeber though. good shit used to go on tthere

westchester is a town in PA, CA and IL... but who cares-

westchester is a county in NY, that's what this is about.

it borders the bronx, contains 6 cities (Rye, Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle, Peekskill, White Plains and Yonkers) and is where cats like Jest, Sub and Ces came from. it has a deep graffiti history dating back to the 80's, with trainlines and highways playing a big role.

oh, and another thing, it is NOT 'upstate'.

all I can say is the highways running through westchester, were goldmines---- killed by legends,,, Egons ways (rip) killled shit. had the whole tvt crew iin full effect, jest nes bone ment med... Cst staff reppin hard Ame Psoup Vert. Zine.... Off also out there juan pona daze james... yonkers is a different story in it's self, dont want to give out to much info about writers hometown, but everyone knows the yo yeilded some true writers... . many city writers and ct writers always where gettin up'.... the good ol days////

Guest SayOne

bump cuz im originally from Yonkers and it was fuckin tyte to see niggahz from as far as CT and Jersey gettin up in mt vernon and yonkers, especially niggahz from the bronx...but when i used to see people up where i lived was Micro, Poppy, Ike KD, Ovie KD, Neo US, Pove, SR, Dazm MGV JHF, Sash and mad other heads, especially them niggahz dat got busy on the highways, i miss Y.O.:(

Guest SayOne
Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

slash snipe pace

mos def, how could i forget them niggahs:lol: :lol:

Thinkin Back!! Jent & Pavs both from westchester were one of the first doing fr8s in the country!!! Thank them for bringging up the fr8 scene!!

How about OZZIE - FURRIE 3.. remeber those guys?? Ozzie I think has the oldest undissed pieces running in westchester(1985).. Its on the Harlem line in between Crestwood and Tuckahoe.. Theres also a dissed Vet Piece and Furie 3 a short ways down from the Ozzie.. Anyone know of these pieces or any othere old Pieces still running??

Keep this topic alive!!

I remembering riding the metro north hudson line up to poughkeepsie seeing revs rollers on about every tunnel up the way.... the lines are killed with great shit , over in tarrytown you got old ame psoup pona juan daze plus more around greystone, you got the huge 9volt just tyke simples. dope shit on that line, unfortunatly, I dont ride it that far north that often.... but all i can say, is those are pictures waiting to be taking..

ok..... how about-

1) original PNut 2 piece in a park (gone now)

2) Clark tags in White Plains

3) Lee marker tags in Port Chester

4) Sento hollow on the CT line (with Clark, Vet tags)

5) 70's "DYNAMIC DUO" piece at Rye station (gone)

6) Vet's 1988 Mt. Vernon throwie, still there

7) a fresh 2002 Blade tag on Rt. 22

8) Tracy 168 highway hits on 287 (gone)

9) SANE throwies high on the metro north wall @ Mt. Vernon West

10) don't forget 238th street is the Yonkers/Bronx border

if i get access to a scanner... just wait.

The JA/COPE beef up high 238th street... IMP & SKISM another gr8 duo... I remember a SEEN hollow with eyballs in the "E's" at Crestwood train station but never got confirmation if that was real... Its gone now.. I remember that vet throw in MV.. How about the True Mean Creations under that bridge in between Crestwood and Scarsdale(gone now too!!!:( ) SENTO blockbuster on BRP in MV way back... Nice to remember when shit was dope...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Eric Cartmen
Originally posted by joewelcome

ok..... how about-

1) original PNut 2 piece in a park (gone now)

2) Clark tags in White Plains

3) Lee marker tags in Port Chester

4) Sento hollow on the CT line (with Clark, Vet tags)

5) 70's "DYNAMIC DUO" piece at Rye station (gone)

6) Vet's 1988 Mt. Vernon throwie, still there

7) a fresh 2002 Blade tag on Rt. 22

8) Tracy 168 highway hits on 287 (gone)

9) SANE throwies high on the metro north wall @ Mt. Vernon West

10) don't forget 238th street is the Yonkers/Bronx border

if i get access to a scanner... just wait.

Damn.Memories Memories...What about:

1)The Tracy 168 simples that was on the New Haven line near PortChester right behind A.I. Friedman

2) The Void,Desism,Lee,and Elf MPC that was at Portchester wall

3)The Sedster UA,Chooze and Hush,Vism TDR that was near Rye trainstation

4)The "10th" simple that Sento did all the way out near Grenwich CT trainstation on a work box

5)The SENT ONE and SEAROC that was done in 87 near Pelham Trainstation

6) The HIMS simple that WANE COD did that was on that mountain spot near Fleetwood on the Cross County highway.

7) The MKAY TFP throw ups that were outside the pit in yonkers with RARE.

8)The JA throw up that was all the f*ck near Millwood that said "This town sucks"

9) Rye trainstation(The small dl underpass part). Last i was there 2 years ago there were vintage VET,JEST,NERD,MEZ,INC,VCR etc tags.

Damn..I just discovered this website and boy am I happy.

And Joe when i get a scanner its gonna be on haah!

Guest Eric Cartmen
Originally posted by HESHIANDET

actually most of the best ariters came from 15 minutes east, CT! hahahah, i remeber though. good shit used to go on tthere

NO way bro. Westchester at 1 point had ILL writers.Yeah you had guys like Emit and Gaze coming down doing stuff, but there was WAAAAYYYYY more going on than just them. Fact,Sub,Mez,Vet,Jest,Jent,Cromag(RIP),Noble,Ces, and too many more to name( I could go on forever) all came out of Westchester not CT, and repped damn hard!!

why did it die? i don't know if it is totally dead but it's nothing like how it was... when they came in with a few big rolling buffs of the highways that was pretty serious. because they were SERIOUSLY rocked for a long while. at one time they were buffing as soon as something went up, especially after they built the highway facility on 287. crews got older and didn't really pass the torch down i guess. but the history and the potential doesn't fade.

Archived