SUMMER SCHOOL ~ training bible

Guest --zeSto--

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoeHatesCops

i must stress the importance of wrist movement like hold the pen firm

and just draw in quick decisive movements, when doing letters, you can move the pen a bit, but if its all finger movement its a lot harder and doesnt look as good, a while back, that all the hella good writers i know, write like that, hella jerky motion, then i realized i didnt do it like that, and as soon as i did that it was a lot easer to write,

Guest big PERM

the drips on the shadow guy and the perm were intentional, i personally like the affect of drips placed well, i could have easily fixed them but whatever.......

as for the artline i got it in italy, when i first got it though the ink didnt flow at all, but i left it alone for like a week and the ink thinned out by its self now its pretty dope.

the montana pen is alright its sort of like novelty sized, its only good for glass cause on anything else it runs dry after a stroke and a half.

and to the "hard" new yorker, i dont only paint wood, when i started i went out and painted some gay ass shit that embarasses me to this day. i wish i had started painting wood before i went out but thats just my opinion. i paint wood and shit because i like to paint under chill conditions, but that doesnt stop me from painting walls. also i didnt learn anything from the internet and i dont expect anybody to study this thread hard and treat it literally as a "bible". and if they do i dont think they shouldnt be writing at all. i didnt start drawing my letters with this progression technique and i still dont i just thought it looked dope after i saw zesto's and dork's prgressions and decided to try it out. its all in good fun dont take it too seriously

here they are..

here are the letters i was talking about .. dont bite... but use as a structure.... :mad: http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00220108f00000001.jpg'> http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00220108f00000002.jpg'> alot of writers do this when they scetch it out.. http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00220108f00000003.jpg'> well thats all i uploaded ones~ sorry so small!

its understandable that alot of people rag on this thread but its a good idea, and a good reference if not just interesting....

i mean shit i even kinda catch myself looking at my letters differently now...which is a good thing..so kudos..it goes without saying that "graf" is something to learn on your own its not out of a book or class but it doesnt hurt it to discuss ideas, and visually displays pointers and tips...just like writers showing eachother their blackbooks and shit:cool:

Most of the good writers I've met have been at one point or another

taught by someone else. That doesn't mean that you have to do those same

letters and style over and over. But having a solid foundation for a

starting point doesn't hurt.

Also, I believe you can teach and share lettering styles and

philosphies without homogonizing graffiti.

But I'm saving that for my book....

The problem I have with this is that when I started. I had to learn about letter segmenting on my own. I thought that was the shit too. I didnt go on the internet and look it up. So now whenever a kid asks me for advice, I just say its better if you learn on your own, you will apreciate it more. I do find it interesting though to see how other people put there letters togather. anyway good and bad post

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by IzzeWST

But I'm saving that for my book....

I want a copy !

So I hope everyone took the time to think about what I said in my first post...

I know people will try to pull cards on this with comments like...

"Let the toys learn the hard way" and "It's only going to encourage biters"

Yeah... or maybe this thread will help a bunch of people get better,

and then raise the quality of the fourm.

yeah.. there's no substitue for practice and experience,

but not every lesson needs to be learned the hard way.

^^^

no doubt zesto this is a great idea.

they all just dont wanna learn this way because they all wanna say that they taught themselfs all they know. I never went to graffiti school or anything but I got advice from enough writers and it has helped me forsure. And this thread dosnt encourage biters cauz all it teaches is how to get a good letter form to start out with. I remember when I started I was sketching for months before I even learned what letter form was and how it had to be applied. I just used a whole bunch of arrows and some crazy 3d effects and from far away I thought my sketches looked hype....

they didnt

it is really sad that people are learning letters, structure, color schemes and shit off of the internet...this really is a new low for 12oz weather you believe it or not...my letters were pure shit for like 2 years...but now it feels like i accomplished a lot after striving hard to get better...your basically cutting out an essential part of graff and peoples pride by posting these "how-to's" and shit...your giving people basically a false sense of skill...i dont know 1 single person that would respect anyone who was taught structure and givin color schemes on the computer....when i first started i used to get so frustrated with what i was drawing looking at people i looked up to and being like shit why cant i do that...and im sure thats what kids on here feel like...but zesto what you need to realize is this is kinda like a filter...id say that a lot of kids quit after a while cause they are bad which is good because a key part to graff is dedication and they obviously were not...in essence...you really are hurting kids more then helping them which i know you are trying to do...im not trying to attack you or anything but good lord this is just horrible...but dont get me wrong...advice from your boy is always helpful..believe me i wouldnt be me (which isnt too much) without em...but i think taking advice from some internet stranger telling you to do so and so to learn letters or heres and R or M to start with is just below stupid...i dont care if its COPE2 talking it is just bad...TO ANY KIDS CONSIDERING USING THESE LETTERS PLEASE THINK TWICE...YOUR DOING NOTHING BUT CHEATING YOURSELVES...

Guest --zeSto--

U really are just cheating and removing an essential filter for the graff scene...

yeah.. I totally hear that.

You're SUPPOSED to suck when you start out. That's the way it is.

icon2.gif But the only real 'filter' is the ability to paint !!!

They teach music, they teach fine arts, they teach calligraphy (which is exactly what my lesson is about, for those who noticed).

They dont teach how to go out and paint... which isn't what I'm doing either.

You'll find lots of step-by-step guides to painting on the 'net. This isn't one of them.

I'm not trying to give a style to people that have none,

but it's a usefull tool to break down the stages of any process.

And remember the original 'Training Bible' thread ?

It was all about offering up lessons and advice.

Hmmm...

I see where your comming from Zesto but I would have to dissagree...I still believe in old fashioned mentoring. when I was a kid Izze taught me a few basics that I took and ran with and eventually developed my own style upon the foundation that I was taught. Do you really think I should share these "secrets" with a bunch of kids on the internet that I dont know from adam? Not a chance! If a kid's really dedicated there's more than enough material out there right now to learn from without us spoon feeding it to them...Study styles,stick to basics, develop it, and find your niche.

my 2 cents

Archived