THINGS THAT I FUCKIN HATE AND WANT TO DESTROY

REGULATOR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn regulator is pissed. so you know we both live in sf. i was browsing through my lil brothers year book...and reading everything that people wrote of course. there was this one quote that this girl wrote right next to her picture: "dash meeh".

i sure hope that my children could learn proper english.

Guest Dyptheria
Originally posted by KaBar

When I was a teenaged surfer, I once saw two guys get into a fight because one of them owned a surfboard with a new kind of polypropylene skeg that was a wierd, day-glo pink. Back then, virtually everybody's surfboards had wooden skegs made by laminating redwood and ash wood together in cool-looking patterns and encasing the whole thing in solid fibreglas. They looked cool, but didn't perform worth shit. The poly-prope skegs kicked ass big time.

Both of these guys came from well-off, upper-middle-class families. They both had jobs, they both had their own cars, they both had beautiful girlfriends and they were in the peak of health and well-being, young, strong and athletic.

One guy hit the other guy, he slipped, fell down and struck his head on the concrete seawall. He was brain-damaged and almost died. He was in the hospital getting rehabilitated for months. The other guy was arrested for aggravated assault, was convicted, and sent to prison at age 19.

I owned a board back then with the laminated skeg. I went and bought a new Dewey Weber with the poly-prope skeg. It was awesome. Withina week, I had forgotten all about both of the two guys that got into the fight. I had both the three-stick Jacobs and the Weber for years after I quit surfing. They were up in the rafters of my sister's garage.

I can't remember either guy's name or even what they looked like. But it happened in the summer, at Galveston. Do you suppose they think it was worth it?

you know kabar, i often don't agree with your political leanings, but at least you breath some fresh air in this board.

just a token of my appreciation for saying things somewhat interesting

Archived