reggae

Guest tears*uno

Guest tears*uno

i just discovered how great this form of music is.... anyone got any hott reggae songs???

a few i like so far....

sean paul - deport them

mr vegas - blaze mi fire

beenie man - ganja farm

sean paul - infiltrate

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really "FEEL" that kinda reggae..

My reggae is

Bob Marley

The Wailers

Eddie Grant

Chaka Demus & the Pliers

much much more

Im not into the Shaggy boombastic reggae, i dont even know what kind of reggae that is.

Guest willy.wonka

bob marley

peter tosh

steel pulse

john browns body

israel vibrations

gregory issacs

yellow man

ookla da moc

humble soul

althea and donna

that girl who sings "bom bom"

black uhuru

"oh as i sit under this weeping willow tree,ini should be free"

Guest Dyptheria
Originally posted by mapo wc

its considered 'cool' to like reggae among suburban white people.

im sure youll get alot of 'reggae is awesome!' responses.

well so far Me, Dee, and Willy have responded and none of us are white. we like reggae. throw your hip-guy assumptions out the window, i've liked reggae for life, dickhead.

Burning Spear,Yellowman,King Tubby,Grgory Isaacs, Bob, Eddie Grant....

Ooklah, haha, i knew those cats since we were young punk ass sXers

I like roots reggae(all of the people I listen to have already been named), not really into the dancehall stuff. And mapo, you've got your head up your ass bro...music is music, who gives a shit if they're white or live in the suburbs, it's great music and people like it, so just stop the crap because noones listening to your nonsense. Anyway, reggae is awesome!

Guest Dyptheria

if you dont realize that you are just blind.

white suburban kids got me into reggae when i was young, they had a love for it, and you are writing off white suburbanites as not really likeg reggae or "felling" it, they only think its cool to say so. get a life and stop worrying about other peoples intentions. if they're lame, they're just playing themselves, and you just look silly worrying about them.

Guest Dyptheria

i said its cool among suburban white kids, but not limited to.

if you dont realize that you are just blind.

yes, colorblind. proud of it. get over your race issues fool.

Guest willy.wonka

if mapo knew anything of reggae, i dont think he would be the little bitch he is today..he's so racist its funny, mostly cause he doesnt think he is.

he talks about how white people in the burbs bump reggae cause "it awesome"

little does he know that reggae is played worldwide...

roots rock reggae.

jah

ps.

i didnt really dig the vh1 bob story..if you want a good one,watch "Time Will Tell"- the bob marley story..the vh1 was good,but...

i like how they said that it was his goal to have american black people hear his words and that he was gettin frustrated cause they weren't hearing it.then when he died his goal was accomplished "worldwide"

Originally posted by willy.wonka

i like how they said that it was his goal to have american black people hear his words and that he was gettin frustrated cause they weren't hearing it.then when he died his goal was accomplished "worldwide"

haha what the heck is that? I didn't catch the show but im starting to think it was pretty lame, but well what do you expect from vh1.

Guest willy.wonka

thats what his wife said..i remember seeing one on vh1 a while back thats was like the ending of his vh1 story.

it seemed like the thing that stuck out in this vh1 was the women in his life saying this song was for me.

bob was a playa though.

i dont see why you have a problem with me liking marilyn manson.

hes the fuckin man. i think the music is really good even though i dont typically like rock. and i really like how he gets christians vexed like none other. i cant fucking stand uppity christians because i went to school with alot of them and they would all wear their christian bullshit shirts and crosses. then they would go and fuck their brains out at parties, make fun of people, do all types of non-christian shit - then think it was ok because they spend 45 minutes a day praising 'the good lord'. fuck them. and marilyn manson sees their hypocrisy too, and lets it be known. i like anyone who isnt afraid to take christianity head on. plus hes from south florida.

but anyway..

you really dont realize that it is considered 'hip' to like reggae?

i like reggae, but i dont tell anyone because i dont want to be considered one of the people who like reggae because its the flavor of the month.

dont try to tell me im wrong because im right. you might truly like reggae, i dont know. but alot of people will put up a bob marley poster on the wall because its considered cool. and play his shit while they smoke weed with their friends and tell each other 'yeah man, this is great, bob was so ahead of his time, dude'. and then when their friends leave they go back to listening to Limp Bizkit. youre crazy if you think there arent alot of people like that.

Guest uncle-boy

!!!!RECOGNIZE!!!

black uhuru

don carlos

barrington levy

augustus

gregory issacs

bob marley

max romeo

Guest JIGSAW

its considered 'cool' to like reggae among suburban white people.

im sure youll get alot of 'reggae is awesome!' responses.

what the hell is with you, your just a big fucking negative on everything, just because you fucking hate yourself and have no respect doesnt mean you cant give it to anyone else geek....

Guest uncle-boy

i dont see why you have a problem with me liking marilyn manson.

hes the fuckin man. i think the music is really good even though i dont typically like rock. and i really like how he gets christians vexed like none other. i cant fucking stand uppity christians because i went to school with alot of them and they would all wear their christian bullshit shirts and crosses. then they would go and fuck their brains out at parties, make fun of people, do all types of non-christian shit - then think it was ok because they spend 45 minutes a day praising 'the good lord'. fuck them. and marilyn manson sees their hypocrisy too, and lets it be known. i like anyone who isnt afraid to take christianity head on. plus hes from south florida.

but anyway..

you really dont realize that it is considered 'hip' to like reggae?

i like reggae, but i dont tell anyone because i dont want to be considered one of the people who like reggae because its the flavor of the month.

dont try to tell me im wrong because im right. you might truly like reggae, i dont know. but alot of people will put up a bob marley poster on the wall because its considered cool. and play his shit while they smoke weed with their friends and tell each other 'yeah man, this is great, bob was so ahead of his time, dude'. and then when their friends leave they go back to listening to Limp Bizkit. youre crazy if you think there arent alot of people like that.

Q: are you a 13 yr old fag who doesnt have much friends, so listens to marylin manson for the same type of reasons why you think its "hip" to listen to reggae?

A: yes.

Originally posted by garcia_vega

i recently watched that bob marley behind the music and he was the man! it made me so proud to be a pot smoker.

Yeah...well some people are taking this kinda far. Like i've had 3 or so people talk to me about how they saw it and it would be cool to be a rasta like bob and they could smoke weed because rastas did it...I asked them if they were interested in the many other aspects of rastafari and they didn't really care, which was pretty stupid. Sorry if i'm rambling on...

Archived