Art Fags!?!?...

wREk OnE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

art fags?

it really isnt changing much. people go to school for art all the time and do graff and are far from being toy or a fag. A graffiti course thou is kind of bullshit and in many ways against the pure form of graffiti which is to destroy property and learn from others and friends and the never ending trial and error out in the streets not in school.

graff is for the criminals not bitch made artist!:cool:

Guest tears*uno

hey...

i say as long as they have dope styles... and dont bite anyone... who the fuck cares where they learned it

um.. subject: 'self-taught'?

haha. graff class.

.:huh?:

shit.

it's all out there.

the world gives you every tool you could possibly need to understand how to write. iT's up to the individual to put their perspective 'aspirations' into action.

school teaches you what you would learn on your own at a more specific and accelerated rate (application?)

personal experience is derived from everything..blahblah...

..props to those who aspire to develop their skills.

right?

go paint.;)

Guest Jan Ulrich

graf has no place in art school. if you want to somehow incorporate certain elements of graf into your work, fine. just don't show up with pieces on canvases. most instructors couldn't care less about it and your fellow students are generally so oblivious to "graffiti culture" that the best reaction you can hope for is "wow, graffiti is cool. i like it".

art fags... some one please please please post some dope graffiti. then tell the good folks at home that an art student did it. then show them that they are idiots. writers contradict them selves all the time. they want orginality blah blah blah, dont bite any one. as soon as some one does a truley inovative piece, i.e 'art school graffiti' then its a crutch for bad letter forms. didnt we all learn from ouija this lesson. the guy posted normal letter forms, then the doper, more original stuff. get it together. as for graffiti classes im not to hot on them either. people will always try to take it to the next level. maybe somthing good will come of it and maybe it wont. im not a supporter though.

sounds like most of you people are against knowledge. any kind of art education is good. who cares what the subject it.

no one needs help on spray painting technique. that you learn on a trial and error basis.

dont hate the knowledge.

hate what is down with it.

tru dat

real skills should be lrarnt on tne street not in a class room

I don't see how the experience would be..um...quite..uhm... fulfilling? I dunno. it's sorta magical to discover your own style. and all thsoe..pieces, n' the whole puzzle..thing..kinda..stuf.

;) yeah *hehe*

seems like nowadays kids are going to art school trying to learn graffiti,..i heard theres actually a Graffiti Course in some school,..damn fags busting out their color wheels n' shit. I just think graffiti is loosing alot of its rawness....

if its losing its "rawness" then go out and do something about it.

anyone who can do new and different things with a can is not an artfag. maybe if you just spend your time going to every single exhibit thats related to graf to wear a black sweater and talk about the socioeconomic impact of a piece then you should ask yourself if your in this to be a trendsetter looking for the next hot underground thing or if your really down to do something different. then again, some people enjoy going to see exhibits. i like going to museums. if there was graf in a museum, id probably go see it if i was around. does this make me some artfag? i think not.

then again, i personally dont care to "analyze" art in the ways we're taught in school. i really dont feel right about sitting around staring at someones work and saying "this is what they were feeling" because hell...unless they say what theyre feeling, i dont fucking know. graff, drawing, fine art painting, photography, whatever it is. like what you like for your own reasons and dont try to just be the trendy guy whos down with the "rawness" of something like graf.

my 2.3 cents.

i think whats wack is when people focus on TECHNIQUE of graffiti, you know, like fades and things like that. i mean most of those classes on graff are just some dumb beginning spraycan class. fuck spraycans techniques its wack like airbrushing

you're wack like airbrushing.

*clap clap*

i really dont feel right about sitting around staring at someones work and saying "this is what they were feeling" because hell...unless they say what theyre feeling, i dont fucking know.

hehe

Guest sTress
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

i think whats wack is when people focus on TECHNIQUE of graffiti

true, a piece done with technical perfection is not interesting, its only nice but thats all. We should approach graffiti in a more conceptual way : instead of evaluating technique, evaluate the significance of a writer's work in the history of graffiti.

jesus man...it's just graffiti...you people have bats in the bellfreeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The fact that you're arguing about "rawness vs. artfags" on the internet makes it even more ironic!

Everyone knows that if you suck, you suck. Bottom line. You can learn all the "techniques" as 16v's said it but everyone will know you are not a good graffiti writer. whatever the hell that is.

moral=if you're faking it, people know. Unless you're a really good liar;)

I love art fags. If it wasn't for art fags, this beautful city I call home (SF, I mean, SUckA FReE) wouldn't have nearly as much interesting graff as it does. I would hate to live in a town where you had to play by the RULES. It seems to me that "art fag" tends to be defined by someone who does work outside of the typical graff burner mold. Art fags? Fuck yeah! TWIST, REM, The KUK kids, GIANT, HEART, BIGFOOT, AEROS (ooh, way back), ATOM, MASEO, APEX, JOLT, EMUSE, JUICE, BLIS, BUTER. These people have all done things that could be considered "art faggish". And I know I'm forgetting plenty. So I guess all those writers are toys and you're the shit, yeah? You should be kicked out of life.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by rain dog

I love art fags. If it wasn't for art fags, this beautful city I call home (SF, I mean, SUckA FReE) wouldn't have nearly as much interesting graff as it does. I would hate to live in a town where you had to play by the RULES. It seems to me that "art fag" tends to be defined by someone who does work outside of the typical graff burner mold. Art fags? Fuck yeah! TWIST, REM, The KUK kids, GIANT, HEART, BIGFOOT, AEROS (ooh, way back), ATOM, MASEO, APEX, JOLT, EMUSE, JUICE, BLIS, BUTER. These people have all done things that could be considered "art faggish". And I know I'm forgetting plenty. So I guess all those writers are toys and you're the shit, yeah? You should be kicked out of life.

what does kuk do that's artsy? .. name names, cuz they gettin' the boot.:D

Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by rain dog

hey you forgot all the 16 year old art fags that flock to presita eyes to see their idols and try and become the orignal art fags....dammmit

yo theres this guy at coral gables high that thinks he can graff. the nigga writes up skills but the problem is he ainght got no skills. so when ever u see him cross him out and tell him that beam,focous,jems,reakt,bems,all of uat and some of tok sent u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the real tip fuck that pussy ass nigga iknoked his pussy ass down when i fought him.

:D <--------chris

holla at ur boy

beam1oner

:king

Originally posted by BeAm1OnEr

yo theres this guy at coral gables high that thinks he can graff. the nigga writes up skills but the problem is he ainght got no skills. so when ever u see him cross him out and tell him that beam,focous,jems,reakt,bems,all of uat and some of tok sent u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the real tip fuck that pussy ass nigga iknoked his pussy ass down when i fought him.

:D <--------chris

holla at ur boy

beam1oner

:king

what the fuck has this got anything to do with any thing in this thread???

you can learn the real shit on the block bitches...The only reason that the shit is in schools now, is so they can train them fools like monkeys w/ typewriters to produce more and more corny ass graff inluenced clothing lines.There is nothing wrong W/ art school,just don't commercialize the real like the "pop art".If a nigguh aint got enough love for the game to learn on his own then he should be in art school learning something else...like how to bite!

fuck artfags, anticon, and nigguhz that don't bomb:dazed:

I know a lot of people currently going to art schools, but noone that actually started to do graffiti after beginning their studies.

The "art fag" writers I know were all writers to begin with, and I have no problem whatsoever with their art studies. It only means that they want to reach a new public, like most of the world famed writers.Their studies meant that their styles have been pushed even further, and many of them are out piecing and bombing like no tomorrow.

I actually wish that I had the courage to go to art classes, but it just freaks me to know that everything I do would have to be evaluated.

For now, I guess I´ll stick to my graffiti.

this is such a stupid topic.

all a class could ever 'teach' would be technique, an if you have the talent to use that technique to paint dope stuff, then how you come into the knowledge is irrelivent. saying it must be learned in the 'street' is like saying you cant drive a car until you invent the wheel for yourself.

people need to remember that when the subways went down, graff split into two catagoies. bombing and piecing. one takes creativity, ability, and talent, and one takes balls, heart, and dedication. neither one is more 'important' or more 'real' than the other. they are both equal parts of their predicesor.

back in the day technique and letter form did mean something. if you put a bunch of wack shit on subways, no matter how many you hit, it was still wack. you needed both aspects, quality and quantity, to have your name mean anything. a class might be able to teach you quality, but it can never give you quantity, and one without the other is only half of the story.

now, if you are only interested in half the story, then fine, thats all you, but dont tell the rest of us that it ends on page 200, when we know there are 400 in the book.

Archived