FUCK HIPPIES!!!!

REGULATOR

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by I Luv Roo

You guys are being ignorant jerks! This girl's appearance bothered you so much that you had to run to 12 oz with your bullshit double standards and prejudices?

I shave my legs, but every time I pick up a razor I am angered at myself for succumbing to this stupid standard. Every time I see a girl who doesn't shave I feel happy that she's doing what she wants with her body.

grow up and learn to appreciate people for who they are.

Plus, how many times do you walk past someone totally drowned in Eternity for Men? Is that better to you? If smell bothers you so much why don't you hate these guys - or the beer soaked gutter punks?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest amorphic
Originally posted by SkyDancer666

dude you hate hippies? come to muthaphukkin boulder colorado. we've got hippies pouring outta alleyways like no tomorrow. course these hippies drive landrovers and wear northface shit. but they're stinky, pot smoking, dread-headed, hypocrites. i fucking hate 'em. east coast hippies. in it for fashion or something. fuck 'em.

hippie holocaust--death by stereo.

you'd better not be frontin on raver holocaust buddy.......

Guest YinzerXpress
Originally posted by d-town_bomber

clean shaven hippies can be cool. but most of em do suck

spoken like a gentleman and a scholar i totally agree

Guest Are2

whats red and orange and looks good on a hippie?

........fire

how do you hide money from a hippie?

..........under the soap

whats the difference between a hippie and an onion?

.............you cry when you cut an onion

whats the difference between a hippie and a trampoline?

.............you take off your boots when you jump on a trampoline

p.s. i love shaving my body...

and patchouli is fucking disgusting..

Guest --zeSto--

here's the real deal with the hippie hate...

Most of these fools are NOT hippies!

My Mom is about as close to being a hippie as it gets.

She's a botanist, a naturalist, a consevationist and an ecologist.

That's the life she lives (minimal environmental impact).

But the average fool walking down the street is just trying to cop the look.

I know a few girls who play the hippie angle to make a 'Holier than thou" vibe.

They are super quick to judge others, but are guilty of the same offence.

Here's my classic example...

I get to a friends house for a party and I'm wearing a leather jacket.

This fruitloop feminazi hippiy girl gives me shit because "leather is murder".

So I shrug it off and grab a beer. Hours later, people start crashing.

I make a play to get the nice couch, only to have this same girl stop me.

"Are you such a pig that you wont offer me this couch?"

"It's a Fucking LEATHER couch bitch! You're sleeping on the floor tonight!"

yeah... those punks give hippies a bad name.

zesto~ reformed hippie hater for the why-two-gee !

it's not like any of you wanna be gangstas wearing 200 dollar kicks and fake gold chains, with cel phone bills in your parents name are any more original or 'legit' than fuckin' hippies.

it's all cliche...

at least the hippy wanna bees have dope on them if you need a fix.

The ones I hate the most are the Hippie/Dealer/Gangsetr Wiggers. From what I can tell they are usually from the mid west,live off of their parents gold cards, talk like they are from the hood, and sell dime bags at public markets on saturdays so they can at least look like drug dealers. If you have ever been to Oregon you probably have seen this type of hippie retard.

Originally posted by Are2 ]whats red and orange and looks good on a hippie ........fire

how do you hide money from a hippie?

..........under the soap

whats the difference between a hippie and an onion?

.............you cry when you cut an onion

whats the difference between a hippie and a trampoline?

.............you take off your boots when you jump on a trampoline

p.s. i love shaving my body...* so's my girl...

i just went to a big show in TN with about 80,000 people, no joke. There was a shit load of those 'hippies'- the kids with the dreads and the "all-natural" look. The armpit hair didn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that these kids were trying to be something that they obviously weren't. They did have land-rovers and half of em were total assholes. Todays 'hippies' don't really fight for anything that the hippies of old did. fuck em

Hippie is a made-up word by the 60's mainstream media...they had to find a name to label all those people who were actually thinking for themselves, and trying to get away from a label.

Trustafarian is a label more suitable for today's patchoulie-soaked, white-kid w/dredlocks.

Even though its no fair to label anyone.

Cool! Finally something I KNOW about, LOL.

I discovered hippies in 1967, while on a surfing trip to California with a bunch of my older friends from high school, who were all already graduated. They were having "one last fling" before going off to military service during the Vietnam War. It just so happened that we were in California during the infamous "Summer of Love" in San Francisco.

I was 16 years old. I left my girlfriend behind, broken-hearted because I chose to go to California with my buddies to go surfing, instead of choosing to stay in Houston with her.

We went to a town in southern California called "Encinitas." I love Encinitas still today. It's pretty built-up and super expensive now, but back in 1967, it was just another sleepy little west coast town. There is a big Eastern religions center there (or used to be) called the Self-Realization Institute. It was built on a big estate, and all the locals called it "Swami's" and the surf spot was called "Swami's Point." There's like 115 wooden steps to go down to get from the parking lot to the beach.

While we were there, we met the most BEAUTIFUL girls, two local sisters who surfed--Linda and Karen. They invited us home with them, and their mother, Miz B., let us live in their basement that summer.

We used the basement of their house on Neptune Street (RIGHT ON THE CLIFFS---IT WAS AWESOME) as a base of operations. We surfed Stone Steps, Swami's, Back Side and sometimes San Elijo State Park and Cardiff on a daily basis. I had a major crush on Karen B. She was the best girl surfer I had ever met, and a serious big wave surfer in the winter.

We all went up to Huntington Beach one weekend, and spent a gorgeous day surfing, hanging out, and I discovered hippies. They were having a love-in on the beach, on the north side of the Huntington Beach pier. There were hippie girls playing the flute, accompanying a couple of guys playing guitar, people with bongo drums, people smoking joints and passing them around right out in the open. It was like a huge beach party jam, except a lot of people were dressed in "hippie" style clothes. What I really liked was watching the girls dance. It was popular then for girls to wear their hair very long, like down past their waist. The girls all liked wearing these India print "shift" dresses (kind of like a moumou, if you know what that is) that were made of very sheer cotton, and they were basically wearing nothing underneath. It was an awesome day. I bought a hand-made tie-dyed T-shirt from a guy who was selling them out of a van. All of the guys in our group met really awesome Huntington Beach hippie girls, and we were pretty much convinced, right then and there that hippies were WAY COOL.

They kept telling us "Go to San Francisco, go to San Francisco." So we did--we saw Haight-Ashbury, Golden Gate Park, the San Francisco Mime Troupe, went to see rock bands at the Fillmore, it was GREAT. I loved Haight-Ashbury. It was like one big continuous circus.

When we went back down to Encinitas, we were listening to Wolf Man Jack on the radio (he was working in L.A.) and I heard the Doors for the very first time--"Light My Fire." Somehow, it's not nearly as impressive now as it was in 1967, but man, that song just TRANSPORTED ME. We met a hippie girl named Sue on the beach and we immediately named her Sweet Polly Purebred because of her blonde hair and blue eyes. She introduced us to a guy who was an aging "hipster" sort of a cross-breed between Jack Kerouac-Allen Ginsberg-beatniks and macrobiotic brown rice/ tie-dyed-t-shirts/Grateful Dead/ Peace, Love and Rock'n' Roll 1960's hippies. He owned a bizarre leather and sandal shop right on PCH in Encinitas, about a block from Swami's, called ( no bullshit, LOL) "Noah's Vibrations." There must have been thirty people crashing there, up on the flat roof of the shop. There was this huge sculpture thing made with multi-colored rope and a big wooden cross of 2x4's called a God's Eye. It was a universal symbol for "hippies live here."

Say what you want about hippies, but during the summer of 1967, I smoked more dope, got laid more times, drank more Red Mountain, met more beautiful chicks that I had in my entire life. I tasted FREEDOM for the first time ever. I LOVED HIPPIES. They were absolutely awesome.

I believe today, if Linda and Karen and Sweet Polly Purebred were to show up at my house, I'd follow them off in a haze of patchouli oil and Madras incense, and dope smoke, with Buffalo Springfield and Country Joe MacDonald (and the Fish) playing in the background. You want to know what it was like, more or less? Go watch "ALMOST FAMOUS." That movie was PERFECT, especially the casting of the Band-Aids

FUCK, I miss the Sixties!

Guest Canadiano

Almost Famous gave me the creeps. It reminded me of my young(er) acid filled days with (i thought) no responsibilities. Whenever I see certain people from those days, or see movies like that, I wanna throw up. There's a reason it took me seven and a half years to finish high school. that was me fucking up.

*self-discovering thought over*

Seven-and-a-half years? Man, you must have really liked high school. I took an extra semester, and they bounced me. If they hadn't graduated me, I would have just quit.

I completely disagree with you about "Almost Famous." That movie bring tears of nostalgia to my eyes. I'd give anything to be able to go back in time to the day I met Karen and Linda on the beach at Swami's Point. I can't explain it. It was like every surfer boy's dream come true. Two BEAUTIFUL California surfer girls invite you and all your friends to come home with them and to move into their basement. If I had died right there, life would have been worth it. I carried Karen's board home for her, because she was too stoned on acid to manage it in the wind. When we got to there house, they said, "Hey! You guys are from Texas! We have an album from a Texas band!" They got out an LP of the 13th Floor Elevators, with Roky Ericson on vocals and their electric jug. It was like "YAY, ELEVATORS!" Y'all made our day complete. The name of the tune was "You're Gonna Miss Me." Roky had just gotten out of Rusk State Mental Hospital about a week before they cut it. If you've never heard of them, look for it. Probably in the "Insanely Good Old Vinyl Section".

Re: Cool! Finally something I KNOW about, LOL.

Originally posted by KaBar

I discovered hippies in 1967, while on a surfing trip to California with a bunch of my older friends from high school, who were all already graduated. They were having "one last fling" before going off to military service during the Vietnam War. It just so happened that we were in California during the infamous "Summer of Love" in San Francisco.

I was 16 years old. I left my girlfriend behind, broken-hearted because I chose to go to California with my buddies to go surfing, instead of choosing to stay in Houston with her.

We went to a town in southern California called "Encinitas." I love Encinitas still today. It's pretty built-up and super expensive now, but back in 1967, it was just another sleepy little west coast town. There is a big Eastern religions center there (or used to be) called the Self-Realization Institute. It was built on a big estate, and all the locals called it "Swami's" and the surf spot was called "Swami's Point." There's like 115 wooden steps to go down to get from the parking lot to the beach.

While we were there, we met the most BEAUTIFUL girls, two local sisters who surfed--Linda and Karen. They invited us home with them, and their mother, Miz B., let us live in their basement that summer.

We used the basement of their house on Neptune Street (RIGHT ON THE CLIFFS---IT WAS AWESOME) as a base of operations. We surfed Stone Steps, Swami's, Back Side and sometimes San Elijo State Park and Cardiff on a daily basis. I had a major crush on Karen B. She was the best girl surfer I had ever met, and a serious big wave surfer in the winter.

We all went up to Huntington Beach one weekend, and spent a gorgeous day surfing, hanging out, and I discovered hippies. They were having a love-in on the beach, on the north side of the Huntington Beach pier. There were hippie girls playing the flute, accompanying a couple of guys playing guitar, people with bongo drums, people smoking joints and passing them around right out in the open. It was like a huge beach party jam, except a lot of people were dressed in "hippie" style clothes. What I really liked was watching the girls dance. It was popular then for girls to wear their hair very long, like down past their waist. The girls all liked wearing these India print "shift" dresses (kind of like a moumou, if you know what that is) that were made of very sheer cotton, and they were basically wearing nothing underneath. It was an awesome day. I bought a hand-made tie-dyed T-shirt from a guy who was selling them out of a van. All of the guys in our group met really awesome Huntington Beach hippie girls, and we were pretty much convinced, right then and there that hippies were WAY COOL.

They kept telling us "Go to San Francisco, go to San Francisco." So we did--we saw Haight-Ashbury, Golden Gate Park, the San Francisco Mime Troupe, went to see rock bands at the Fillmore, it was GREAT. I loved Haight-Ashbury. It was like one big continuous circus.

When we went back down to Encinitas, we were listening to Wolf Man Jack on the radio (he was working in L.A.) and I heard the Doors for the very first time--"Light My Fire." Somehow, it's not nearly as impressive now as it was in 1967, but man, that song just TRANSPORTED ME. We met a hippie girl named Sue on the beach and we immediately named her Sweet Polly Purebred because of her blonde hair and blue eyes. She introduced us to a guy who was an aging "hipster" sort of a cross-breed between Jack Kerouac-Allen Ginsberg-beatniks and macrobiotic brown rice/ tie-dyed-t-shirts/Grateful Dead/ Peace, Love and Rock'n' Roll 1960's hippies. He owned a bizarre leather and sandal shop right on PCH in Encinitas, about a block from Swami's, called ( no bullshit, LOL) "Noah's Vibrations." There must have been thirty people crashing there, up on the flat roof of the shop. There was this huge sculpture thing made with multi-colored rope and a big wooden cross of 2x4's called a God's Eye. It was a universal symbol for "hippies live here."

Say what you want about hippies, but during the summer of 1967, I smoked more dope, got laid more times, drank more Red Mountain, met more beautiful chicks that I had in my entire life. I tasted FREEDOM for the first time ever. I LOVED HIPPIES. They were absolutely awesome.

I believe today, if Linda and Karen and Sweet Polly Purebred were to show up at my house, I'd follow them off in a haze of patchouli oil and Madras incense, and dope smoke, with Buffalo Springfield and Country Joe MacDonald (and the Fish) playing in the background. You want to know what it was like, more or less? Go watch "ALMOST FAMOUS." That movie was PERFECT, especially the casting of the Band-Aids

FUCK, I miss the Sixties!

fuck that sounds tite.....but hippies were cool back in the day (60s).....hippies in 2000..asmy little asssluthoe britney spears says

http://www.britney-spears-get-the-look.com/images/britney_spears_get_the_look.jpg'>

"it just aint hip"

Guest Canadiano

It shouldn't be too hard to forget that name "Thirteenth Floor Elevators."

In Ontario, you gotta get thirty credits. I hear that people in the states are already in college by the time they turn eighteen, often. Here, they don't usually start until after that. They just got rid of the OACs (that's Ontario Academic Credits), I believe. Those were the hard, mandatory classes you gotta take in order to get to university. They look at the marks for those classes most of all. I took a couple of those, but out of interest for the subject, not for the intention to go to universty. I understand what you mean about Almost Famous. I thought it was a really good movie that, believe it or not, I could relate to as well. I ain't white, and I certainly ain't a hippie, but I had those days of care free living and care free girls. I mean, I used to pop some cid, pull an all nighter, then go to court the next morning all tired and dirty. I think the fact that thinking about those days makes me noxious is because of my parents. I used to be one of the top students in the gifted program. My old teachers would invite one another to my classroom to observe me read and stuff. I was brilliant in math, and would help my junior high classes get marks at the top of the country (our teacher was the BEST). Overnight I became a criminal. THat wasn't so bad because it was all about the money, but then the drugs took over...

Guest Dyptheria

That was a nice story Kabar. just goes to show american pop culture waters down and commodifies something unique and genuine to nothing more than an image or fashion.

hmmm, my girlfriends parents were hippies from Encinitas, involved in that Self Realization movement. My rough calculations tell me you're the same age as them. You might have known them. If its okay, i'll email them your story to maybe spark some nostalgia in them. they might appreciate it.

Dyptheria---We didn't actually know anybody from the SR Institute. I'm sure there were local people who attended their functions and joined their organization, but I didn't know anybody who was actually a member until much later, about 1980, the ex-wife of a friend of mine in Encinitas had joined.

The surfing/hippie/local culture in Encinitas was an amalgam of local kids still in high school, young adults who had gone off to other places, picked up the hippie thing and brought it back to Encinitas, and outsiders who had settled in town. The Noah's Vibrations shop fronted right on PCH in 1967. In 1977, when I re-enlisted in the Marine Corps, I went back to Encinitas on my way to report for duty at Camp Pendleton, and stopped to see what I could find. The shop had been torn down, and all that was left was some foundations. I couldn't find anybody I knew back then. I was feeling real bummed, driving north through town. I stopped at the big surf shop on the main drag (I forget who owned it then. Hobie? Back in the day, the hot board in Encinitas was "Surfboards Hawaii." They had a shop down on the drag in 1967, if memory serves--it's been like thirty-five years.) I saw a health food restaurant up off PCH so just on a whim, I drove up there and went in. Nobody was there but a young kid about 18. I asked him if he knew a friend of mine from the second summer we spent in Encinitas, a guy I went to high school with named Andy D.

"Andy? Do I know him? Sure--He's my BOSS!"

Andy had apparently opened up several health food restaurants, smoothie shops and places like that, both in Hawaii and in Encinitas. I was astounded. The kid called him, and Andy came blasting over there in a vintage Chevy El Camino. He was real glad to see me (the feeling was mutual--it was like old times) and I spent the night at his place. He was renting a house right on Neptune about a block down the street from where Karen and Linda and their family had lived. There were surfboards and wetsuits and baggies hanging everywhere. As we stood there talking in the living room, knock-knock on the door. Two good looking girls in bikinis stuck their heads in the door and said, "An-n-dyy! Can we use your shower?" The whole weekend was like that--people trouping in and out, girls, young surfers, guiys just back from Mexico, it was great. On Sunday, I had to pack up all my stuff and drive to Camp Pendleton.

Boy. I was sure wishing I hadn't re-enlisted, LOL. I never saw so many gorgeous girls in my life. Andy was like, "You shoulda been her yesterday. The really fine girls were here hanging out." I'm like "I must be brain damaged. Why did I re-enlist?"

Guest natiboi

wut the hell

why the hell does everyone hate ravers? it drives me crazy. its like you go out of your way to hate on these kids. i mean wut the hell!! wut the hell did they do?? they are all about chillin and gettin along...but no everyone hates on them. i mean i wouldnt call my self a 'raver' but i know alot of them and ive been to a few raves and in my opinion they are pretty phat. i mean its not even about doing drugs thats just and inhansment. i go and listen to phat djs spin for like 10 hours for like 7 bones. there are TONS of ravers that write graffiti. i mean that str8 if your not feelin the same thing they are but dont hate on em. i mean if you like hip hop then why cant you like jungle or frum and bass. being a jungle/break beats/hip hop dj i guess i just look at it frum a different perspective. STOP THE HATIN!!

Guest bigdork

I hate you because you used the word phat

I was raised on a commune in the late 70's, my parents and extended family stood for something and really belived that they were doing good for the world, practicing nonviolence and teaching love, drugs were such a small part of it. cocaine,pills,heroin were not around, mainley pot,acid,mushrooms,peyote. anyway I laugh at these suburban trust fund dorks rebelling against there ozzie and harriet parents, by standing for nothing, doing nothing, all the while cruising around in their dirty 30.000 dollar pathfinders with phish sticker on bumper, picking up a whopper at burger king, sniffing a line a coke, talking on their cell phones, and cashing another check by daddy. fuck em!!

Archived