What Happened to "HipHoP culture"

desired

When the hiphop "rap" culture first came about it was predominatley associated with non cajan people from african american decent. Todays mainstream (not conscience hiphop) seems to be imbraced by the same people who started hiphop. What has caused the trend for the majority of the african american people to shift to the mainstream instead of embracing music real concscience hiphop music which seems to be know as "underground". Today the conscience music is listened to by almost every culture cajan, latin, african american, chinese.....even though african americans are still for the most part mcing it.

what happened?--------------------

why listen to the main stream which revolves around a negative image to society/and for certain cultures. It may not be appear that way to a cajan person because they are not intially associated in todays hiphop culture. Plus a culture should not be recognised for the type/form of music they may listen 2.

same with todays Graf its really multicultural yet when it was first started it was associated with african americans. But to peoples surprise it was a mix of suburb/not well 2 to do kids trying to send messages

its hard to explain the conection between the 2 but I hope u get one im saying no wha I mean....................

peace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Who cares? I still don't understand why its important for kids to sit around and contemplate where things are and where they could have been if there "Idols" hadn't have changed there paths for money or for what eve reason. Its as if once something is embrace by kids outside of the "Elite" group or social circle who knew about before hand, before it gained popularity then suddenly the words/rythem/beat etc. that once made its special now hold no value because its "cool".

Why do you think Hip hop became popular? I realize there's a very large difference between what's played on the radio and purchased by mass consumers and what's (Here it comes ) "Under Ground" or for the most part considered underground, but hip hop stands for various things its not held under one definition. You wouldn't consider graff to be only limited to one style would you? It would get dull and further more without new people to embrace it there wouldn't be any progression. People are going to go from one medium to another as there life's change and as society changes as well. The idea that white people are just catching on to hip hop is similar to saying that black people just came around to realizing what punk rock is, its bull shit.

Hip hop still has its integrity and there are still people out there doing what they do and enjoying it without thoughts of money and commercial success, and there's just as many that realize they have talent (although just about every thing ive heard on the radio has been garbage) and can use it to make money and get there message out to more people by signing with a major label.

As far as the idea of embracing negative images that reflect only turmoil and the down falls of society... Times change. Hip Hop isnt new and things have changed since the culture first came up. Its 2002 and for the most part alot of the youth ar just doing what there idols are doing.. When you turn on the t.v. and see guys on million dollar boats throwing money in the air, talking about how gang life brought them to where they are, for kids growing up its gonna have an effect.

Thats just my take on the whole incedent, wether it relates to the issue you were trying to get across...well that im unsure of. Either way hopefully it was of some use in answering your question.

Thats all,

- High Priest

Im not going to get into the graff thing with the races etc. Im glad to see graffiti where its at right now.. its equal oppurtunity and thats all that matters.

Guest professor poopatronic

this is the gayest post ever. and to quote somebody i forgot, not like man-on-man gay, more like man-on-rollerblade gay. king bling has the right idea. you dorks waste too much time sitting around analyzing stupid shit that has no importance whatsoever. if you like hip hop, great, lisyen to your ultra-cool "conscience" music. why do you give a fuck what other people like? would it make you rest easier at night if more black people were into "underground" hophop so it would better fit your image of some utopian positive "movement" that brings all races together? go read a book or do something remotely useful.

not that i know too much about hiphop or graff history (i havent been keepin up in a long time and i could probably name 20 writers that i like) but from what i know, graff was never predominately black. wasnt it madd italians and other white folks from the bronx and shit? at least the first piecers and whatnot? maybe not the very first but close enough to call it the beginning of graff culture. and about the rap: theres still mad heads that listen and make conscious hiphop. all hiphop has done is evolved. its only been around for like 30 years yea? so it may seem like its gone through a huge change or something but its not as if it happened over night. hiphop today is what has been derived from all the shit in the past. of course no one wants to hear the same shit forever. its just new shit.

Guest greedy mars

ill tell you what happened. planet earth is being taken over by satan and his patented heating suit that helps him loose weight fast.

Archived