Strange track pattern.

Fox Mulder

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What state? Some strip mines have their own spiraling rail track going down to the bottom, but it's usually a narrow gauge thing, not hooked to any standard size line and incapable of accommodating standard engines and cars.

A full circle would be peculiar. A teardrop shape makes more sense - it allows trains to turn all the way around without backing up or switching ends with the power. Unless it was a full circle with a couple of other tracks coming off of it, that would enable the same maneuver.

Mapquest might also have the precise track layout wrong. I've found lines on Mapquest before, visited them in person, and seen discrepancies or sloppiness.

ok something is fucked up cause i know that i copied and pasted the right link.i'll try this....

add the http:///www. that way the message board won't round it off or whatever its doing.

mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?size=big&mapdata=5SWr5yNjh4%2bocj9RizkIHNbU5rmuqztIzS00%2fvo7jZ%2bhtSRyOxNOICgLl4%2f1biJVMZDMY5QsKt1rudxKXmWqZuB0F1fnhOeFIaNfEbb40qNAZo8%2bsD3l4NR41FtrarkxPpyEpWvkaZfnbxgx7glbuiEId9Wh%2fDv%2b6JrTphh8vFdWA74%2bpbh7xH6hAq6DsIqrmPQKKCU5Bn2VCbqT08zvmzQruUU7V5z90LO8t4fQolqUBwPYAd9mqOPOs4XQV%2fnA95OPfEHFGViivQxad6SVGp5z07IbisIAJlHKBTcceZgrkppA3oyBeo2taPn1HOsNnJbac%2f8U9kXl7kZYZ04U1Ov72XoJR6aa3kfcRU%2bL9SFjXgjIfId68QMI3XdsetZJ

Archived