Walking around New York...

Guest Belab

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

word the ZZZZZ's....

damn what a terrible seleciton of flicks...

It's all good though, cuz true graff heads dont just look at a graff site and make up their minds if someone is up a lot, or if someone is dope..

From looking at these flicks you would assume (for example) that Skrew Msk was killing manhattan.. This is far from true, consdiering I personally have seen maybe 3 tags and 1 fill and no consistancy in terms of getting up on a regualr basis...

there is only a select, small group of people bombing and bombing hard right now, and they know who they are, and real graff heads know who they are..

Anywayz, it's more fun to be SLEPT ON....hehehe..

-melvin's alter ego

:D

Chill out, Melvinakro. Damn New Yorkers are always mad about some shit. Let tourist do what they want to do. If anything, I think the people painting these busy streets are pretty smart. They're getting their shit flicked from left to right by tourist. Nobody said anybody was up more than anybody. You wonder why certain people get their shit flicked more than others... people like to see familiar names. Skrew crushed Atlanta, Twist did SF, and Desa did New York, etc etc, and I've seen it all with my own two eyes. I don't depend on the internet or magazines to know who's "up". So relax... it's just flicks.

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY "RING OF FIRE" PEOPLE ARE CRYING THAT THIS IS A BIASED VIEW OF NEW YORK WITH PHOTOS TAKEN IN THE SAME TIRED PLACES OF THE SAME TIRED SHIT... GUESS WHAT? IT'S TRUE!!!

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? IT'S A TOURIST WALKING AROUND THE VILL FLICKING WHAT HE SEES IN FRONT OF HIS FACE! I HOPE YOU DIDN'T THINK HE WAS THE SPOKESMAN FOR NYC OR UNDER SOME OBLIGATION TO YOU GUYS TO REPRESENT THE ENTIRE SPECTRUM OF NYC GRAFFITI! HE'S JUST A DUDE VISITING NY WITH A DIGITAL CAMERA, RELAX WOULD YOU???

IF ANYONE IS RELYING ON THIS TO FIGURE OUT WHO'S GETTING BUSY IN THE BIG APPLE THEN YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET THE SCOOP, BUT IF YOU'RE JUST BORED AS FUCK AND BROWSING THE INTERNET YOU MAY ENJOY LOOKING AT SOME PHOTOS?

TAKE A FUCKING CHILL PILL YOU ASSHOLES, 99% OF YOU ARE JUST CRYING BECAUSE YOU DON'T PUT IN ENOUGH WORK AND KNOW IT!

Guest blancito

there was a similar discussion on the brooklyn thread recently. something to keep in mind, in addition to the whole tourist angle, is the 'well of information' bit. this is the internet...there's no editor up here, masterminding a vision of the nyc scene. this is just a lot of information about one thing all in one .com. things will get repeated, things will get left out, some will be overplayed while others don't get the exposure. by and large i think people know this and factor it in to how they look at things here. obviously there is a wide range of people and personalities here as well, and some understand the nature of the beast better than others, some make a greater effort to discover the whole picture, and some have a shallow perception of things.

also important is the dialogue generated from disagreements such as this. nyc residents should be critical of posts and flick selection from out of towners and even other nyc heads, especially because of the density of grafitti in this city. what is an "accurate" representation of new york city grafitti? spend a few years here, looking every day, and you will still miss most of it...

I gotta say my piece on this matter!! I hear alot of cryin about who gets flicked and who does not...It really does not matter though..U see MAD HAT is not the only borough that makes up NEW YORK CITY!! If somebody takes a vacation to NewYork where do u think they are gonna stay In the Bronx??...Harlem??? Flatbush?? I think not!! They will see alot of artsy shit all along down town Mad HAt...they wont have access to the real shit being painted in all of the other Boroughs....Most flix are from parking lotz...alot of people that see these flix don't know this! This net shit is like a big Televison type shit!!! U dont ask for whats playin U just get it!! If y6all wanna gripe about shit back it up with flix!!

ONe....

Originally posted by RING OF FIRE

Skrew crushed Atlanta

He did alot more than crush Atlanta, but under a different alias. Can anyone guess what it was? The winner will recieve last month's issue of Home & Garden magazine.

Oh yeah, and Goodbye is DOPE.

i find it funny when new yorkers get all pissed about how tourists take flicks of one street that "doesnt represent NY"....and i also find it funny that stupid morons like mook say stupid shit at the expense of others to look cool and smart.....argh argh argh....regardless...skrew, earsnot, amaze, twist, all budda...

boo hoo...cry about it...skrew obviously made some type of impression on the kid if he flicked a bunch of skrew stuff....no tourist who goes to new york is going to go all city in their stay there..then again, 90% of new yorks writers hardly get up....so...

Guest HOST18 DYM
Originally posted by Wilt

90% of new yorks writers hardly get up....so...

I would argue how little sense this comment makes but I think I don't have to.

Archived