convince serpent not to joing the navy...

Guest serpent of the light

I have 2 reasons

1. George Bush's will to fight the world

2. Apply for financial aid and go to school,it aint that hard

I was at that same fork in the road and thank god I made the right choice, you wont regret it

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

DO NOT JOIN THE MARINES. . .

unless what you want is to serve as a no-shit killer. Housing? Fuck that. Marines get killed all the time in helicopter crashes. The chow sucked, except for Boot Camp. The equipment was just about completely hand-me-down , worn out SHIT from the Army. We got deployed on floats every 18 months, for six months overseas in some Third World shithole.

I still hear from the Marines who served in my armory, twenty-two years later. They still address me as "Sergeant KaBar."

Look bottom line is youve got to decide for yourself whats right for you.I'm in the Air Force and I have been for 5yrs now,and let me tell you there is a lot of good and a lot of bad.You just gotta ask yourself is it worth it. My dad was in the navy for 25yrs and let me tell you I hardley ever saw him,we were always moving and shit but,I never went hungry and I saw a lot of cool stuff just being a dependent. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!who was that talkin all that stuff about military housing?It aint gonna be all that when they privatize it,and the Air Force is only good depending on your job,if youre in Security Forces,Services,Or flight line it blows cause you work 14 hr days and you don't get paid what your worth!The educational benifits are there but you still have to work it out .The expeirience is unmatched though,just make sure you get a guarenteed job!On the other hand what else could you be doin,smokin weed with the boys till you get thrown in jail and fucked by bubba and when you get out in 5yrs you think damn I coulda did that in the military.If I had it to do over I'de go as an officer,or in the reserves.At least as an officer you get an ounce of respect.............THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!!!!!!

Guest sneak

the navy has it good and bad points

remember if u join, u can always say to girls, hey, i got a big boat, wanna ride? or to that effect

Re: DO NOT JOIN THE MARINES. . .

Originally posted by KaBar

The equipment was just about completely hand-me-down , worn out SHIT from the Army.

yeah i heard that. during my stint in the Army people would say how 'ARMY = Aint Ready for the Marines Yet" and the Army-lovers would say back 'they must be talking about our equipment AHAHAHAHAHAHA'

when i was signing my papers to be discharged i went there with about 5 other guys. one of them was prior service in the Navy* and he told me the navy sucked because no matter what your MOS is, until you reach petty officer all you ever do is grunt work like washing dishes or cleaning the boat or some shit.

* - interesting (?) story on this dude. he went to MEPS and filled out the forms, when they asked if he had any prosthetic shit in his body, he replied that he had a metal plate in his head, which he did. now, apparently nobody cared to notice this, and sent him in the Army anyway. well apparently they later found out and sent him home because you cant be in the Army with a metal plate.

reasons not to join the navy :

1.) being stuck there most of the time. living your LIFE there. you don't go home at 5.

2.) getting yelled at all the time is no fun

3.) you're young. don't spend your life like that.

4.) most of your travel will be on some ship where you don't even see the light of day a lot of the time.

5.)

Cash Money Is A Army Nigga

A Navy Nigga

So if you ever try to home Nigga

It ain't gravy Nigga

Don't playa hate me nigga cause I'll leave your shit stale

Light You're A$$ up Real Good You'll Never Get Well.

http://www.mtv.com/news/images/l/lilwayne991111.gif'>

dude i was in the air force for four years....i dont seriously regret but i kinda do...i keep thinking i could have been in college or working or smoking dope for that matter but i was in the air force...what i did in the af, i cant use on the "outside"...i just recently talked my younger brother out of joining and hes glad he didnt...i have a really good friend in the coast guard he loves it but hes getting out after 8 years...if you arent going to make a career out of the military then it isnt worth it...but if youre going to choose coasties or navy...i would have to go with the coasties....but either way they are both seaman!

well!

my dads friend moe is like in the navy and he said when the go on leave for months it was hard to get showers and a few times they made every man jump ship to get clean it was like a big pool party but the funny thing was the had to have people on the top decks with guns to look out for sharks! hahaha ya the gorenment makes you shark bait.. plus have you read the tread about expaiments on navy men? ha go ahead its what ever!

Archived