Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-Rage-

Upcoming movies

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man, did war of the worlds blow.

a very good source told me to see a movie called 'paradise now'.

i was told it was 'pretty fucking amazing'...about a

couple of palestinian buddies and their journey becoming

suicide bombers..

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Are you serious? WOTW was pretty fucking awesome. Well, up till near the end.

Don't hate on the Lazerhead.

really? shit man, i thought it was going well for awhile, then it just

started to suck immensely. but i don't have much patience with hollywood

blockbuster steez most of the time. and lazerhead is the man, i could

never hate on him..

Yeah, it definitely does go downhill as it progresses. My basis for a Declaration of Awesome upon it rests mainly on three basic tenets of the movie:

1) The entire scene when the first tripod comes out and starts ruining everything. I was seriously shitting bricks all throughout it.

2) The "one-take" shot when they are escaping in their van and the little girl starts freaking out in the back seat. I almost didnt notice it the first time until halfway, and the second time I watched it I was in awe. The camera darts in and out of the vehicle, all around it, zips between other cars, and goes back in and out, never cutting away. Just the fact that they (Spielberg/Kaminski) made that shot happen makes me bow down unworthily.

3) Spielberg: "Oh, well, this scene requires a crashed airliner in the background. I think I'm just gonna buy a real airliner and throw it there."

Yeah, but it was ruined by a completely unrealistic ending that was contrary to the original story. Generally, you can always rely on Spielberg to do that, which is why I generally do not like him as a director/storyteller in spite of his masterful technique. He did it when he grave-robbed Kubrick and he did it when he grave-robbed and corpse-fucked Philip K. Dick (much like John Woo did, but not quite as bad.)

are you talking AI fermentor? that movie most def gets the DOA.

i thought minority report was gnarly too.

regardless, i don't really know what to put it down too...i watched

WOTW fried and was pretty into it for a bit, then i guess my buzz

wore off. also i was superbly disappointed with the aliens in WOTW..

when they were in the basement...meh..

Has anyone heard anything new about this movie called A history of violence. I think it is the movie version of a graphic novel. I remember hearing about it like a year ago and was wondering if anything has come of it yet.

Yeah, I was talking about AI, which was Stanley Kubrick project until he died and Steven Spielberg took it over.

The best part of WOTW was the sound engineering, those tripods sounded so bad-ass.

History of Violence is one of the best films this year, along with Capote. It's a Cronenberg film, and yes it's based on a graphic novel.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Dec 18 2005, 07:25 PM

2) The "one-take" shot when they are escaping in their van and the little girl starts freaking out in the back seat. I almost didnt notice it the first time until halfway, and the second time I watched it I was in awe. The camera darts in and out of the vehicle, all around it, zips between other cars, and goes back in and out, never cutting away. Just the fact that they (Spielberg/Kaminski) made that shot happen makes me bow down unworthily.

I'd be impressed by that shot as well, but knowing Spielberg, I'd bet that although there was no visible cutting, it was not a continuous shot. i.e. computers are really good nowadays. I could be wrong of course.

I could also be biased, since I thought WOTW was dreadful.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Dec 18 2005, 09:39 PM

I'd be impressed by that shot as well, but knowing Spielberg, I'd bet that although there was no visible cutting, it was not a continuous shot. i.e. computers are really good nowadays. I could be wrong of course.

I could also be biased, since I thought WOTW was dreadful.

Oh absolutely. Actually if you pay attention, you can pick off some rough edges on the green screen used. It was definitely not a physical one-shot, which is why I put it in quotation marks. Still, the planning, choreographing, and compositing of the shot must've been quite an undertaking.

And ferms, good looking out on the sound engineering. That shit fucking ruled seriously hard.

Dude, I left the theater after that movie and walked straight into downtown Boston expecting to hear those fucking tripods for the next four hours, the guys who did that got it down to the core.

i am totally going to see Tokyo Drift!!

and throw shit at every one in the theater.

That Tyrese and Game movie looks dope

And that movie with the kid from Dodgeball wher ehe starts his own college

any movie with a rapper in it... granted in the past 2+ years is complete and utter garbage.

garbage:

50 cent movie

8 mile

soul plane

good:

friday series.