Upcoming movies

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yeah, it definitely does go downhill as it progresses. My basis for a Declaration of Awesome upon it rests mainly on three basic tenets of the movie:

1) The entire scene when the first tripod comes out and starts ruining everything. I was seriously shitting bricks all throughout it.

2) The "one-take" shot when they are escaping in their van and the little girl starts freaking out in the back seat. I almost didnt notice it the first time until halfway, and the second time I watched it I was in awe. The camera darts in and out of the vehicle, all around it, zips between other cars, and goes back in and out, never cutting away. Just the fact that they (Spielberg/Kaminski) made that shot happen makes me bow down unworthily.

3) Spielberg: "Oh, well, this scene requires a crashed airliner in the background. I think I'm just gonna buy a real airliner and throw it there."

Yeah, but it was ruined by a completely unrealistic ending that was contrary to the original story. Generally, you can always rely on Spielberg to do that, which is why I generally do not like him as a director/storyteller in spite of his masterful technique. He did it when he grave-robbed Kubrick and he did it when he grave-robbed and corpse-fucked Philip K. Dick (much like John Woo did, but not quite as bad.)

are you talking AI fermentor? that movie most def gets the DOA.

i thought minority report was gnarly too.

regardless, i don't really know what to put it down too...i watched

WOTW fried and was pretty into it for a bit, then i guess my buzz

wore off. also i was superbly disappointed with the aliens in WOTW..

when they were in the basement...meh..

Yeah, I was talking about AI, which was Stanley Kubrick project until he died and Steven Spielberg took it over.

The best part of WOTW was the sound engineering, those tripods sounded so bad-ass.

History of Violence is one of the best films this year, along with Capote. It's a Cronenberg film, and yes it's based on a graphic novel.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Dec 18 2005, 07:25 PM

2) The "one-take" shot when they are escaping in their van and the little girl starts freaking out in the back seat. I almost didnt notice it the first time until halfway, and the second time I watched it I was in awe. The camera darts in and out of the vehicle, all around it, zips between other cars, and goes back in and out, never cutting away. Just the fact that they (Spielberg/Kaminski) made that shot happen makes me bow down unworthily.

I'd be impressed by that shot as well, but knowing Spielberg, I'd bet that although there was no visible cutting, it was not a continuous shot. i.e. computers are really good nowadays. I could be wrong of course.

I could also be biased, since I thought WOTW was dreadful.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Dec 18 2005, 09:39 PM

I'd be impressed by that shot as well, but knowing Spielberg, I'd bet that although there was no visible cutting, it was not a continuous shot. i.e. computers are really good nowadays. I could be wrong of course.

I could also be biased, since I thought WOTW was dreadful.

Oh absolutely. Actually if you pay attention, you can pick off some rough edges on the green screen used. It was definitely not a physical one-shot, which is why I put it in quotation marks. Still, the planning, choreographing, and compositing of the shot must've been quite an undertaking.

And ferms, good looking out on the sound engineering. That shit fucking ruled seriously hard.

• 5 months later...
dude its all about the new borat movie

if u dont know who borat is

go you tube it.

in kazikstannn we shooot dogsss for funnnnnnnnnn

i watched that 50 cent movie and thought it was ok but the ending seem to just be shitty. Like when he walks on to that stage i was liek so now were gonna see his rise to fame and thats all you see him just rip his bullet proof vest off.

• 1 month later...

Archived