JOINING THE MILITARY

REGULATOR

Guest ctrl+alt+del

just know that it aint like counter strike. know what your getting your ass into. dont be a leper leppelier.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Pistol

I think Kabar would have some interesting insight into this thread.

I disagree with you mang. You don't like the US or the military to begin with and that's what bring you to the conclusion that the miltary is useless.

Some of the best people I've met have been in the military. Give it a rest.

I used to have a pen pal during Desert Storm in the 82nd Airborne. He was pretty cool. Well I guess as long as your an LA Dodger fan your ok in my book.

i get frustrated with some things, but i dont hate the US. as for the military, almost all my life i WANTED to be an army ranger. i've read up on a few books and studied as much as i could on it (countless military manuals, black hawk down, the delta force book, blah blah blah). i just dont want anyone to make the wrong decision.

Mang~ Sure the military isnt for everyone, but it is a great place to learn leadership, self awareness and discipline. Listen to what kabar said...hes exactly what i was talking about in my post above..

I know many people who could never be in the military, and many people that should, because we need great people in high positions...

no hard feelings, its all love..

shameless

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i told a recruiter that i would join, except that im a drug addict and i like to inject coke into my cock.

he told me i would fit right in and tried to sign me up.

true story.

Being in the military may teach you how to be a "great leader", or turn you into a "well- disciplined individual", but it also teached you how to hurt and kill other human beings. The army warps your perception of things and turns yourself against your fellow man. There is no need to kill, and those who can and will take another human's life, be it on the streets or on the battlefield, are scum.

kids for compassion.

ataker.

no need to kill is a strong statement..it may not be pleasant but history shows mankind has had a love affair with warfare for as long as probably recorded history that being that warfare and man go hand in hand basically..its goin to happen has happened and will happen again there will never be a hold each other hand society not as long as we all have different vies......so whether someone likes it or not you armed forces are a neccesity....killing out of cold blood is another thing..but defense or for the greater good is the concept sought...

dont do it.

the military looks good on paper - damn impressive, actually.

but what i learned while i was there was that life is not lived on paper.

unless you grew up with a military family or just a general military train-of-thought (the opposite of someone who would even think of writing graffiti i might add), then you wont like it. you sign your life away when you sign up to them. literally.

my drill sergant spent some time in the 82nd airborne, and he would always tell us how shitty it was compared to how glamourous it looked in the commercials. he told us how recruits would say to him how they wanted to be airborne like it was being paid to skydive. it isnt. he said when he sees Army commercials of a guy in a plane waiting to jump he thinks about things like "whens the last times hes eaten? how cold is he? whens the next time hes gonna eat? how tired is he? etc" they dont talk about that on the commercials.

what im getting at is, dont glamourize it. i thought of the army and was like 'it'll make me tough, pay me, pay for college, etc'. well actually picture yourself there - seriously. close your eyes and picture yourself waking up at 4am every morning, and making your bed down to a T, but no matter how good it is your DS tears it apart and makes you do it again. having to follow their every rules and NOT BEING ABLE TO GET OUT. YOURE FUCKING TRAPPED.

Please think this stuff through. Feel free to im me at WHITEAF1S - if you want to chat more.

Originally posted by mapo wc

dont do it.

the military looks good on paper - damn impressive, actually.

but what i learned while i was there was that life is not lived on paper.

unless you grew up with a military family or just a general military train-of-thought (the opposite of someone who would even think of writing graffiti i might add), then you wont like it. you sign your life away when you sign up to them. literally.

my drill sergant spent some time in the 82nd airborne, and he would always tell us how shitty it was compared to how glamourous it looked in the commercials. he told us how recruits would say to him how they wanted to be airborne like it was being paid to skydive. it isnt. he said when he sees Army commercials of a guy in a plane waiting to jump he thinks about things like "whens the last times hes eaten? how cold is he? whens the next time hes gonna eat? how tired is he? etc" they dont talk about that on the commercials.

what im getting at is, dont glamourize it. i thought of the army and was like 'it'll make me tough, pay me, pay for college, etc'. well actually picture yourself there - seriously. close your eyes and picture yourself waking up at 4am every morning, and making your bed down to a T, but no matter how good it is your DS tears it apart and makes you do it again. having to follow their every rules and NOT BEING ABLE TO GET OUT. YOURE FUCKING TRAPPED.

Please think this stuff through. Feel free to im me at WHITEAF1S - if you want to chat more.

You sure got out fast enough, couldnt hack it, eh pussy?:eek:

Originally posted by SleepAnDream

oh yeah, and on another note...yoink...i have some shit you did up in my book but i donno where the fuck it came from? im perplexed

huh...:confused: you sure...might be another yoink..cause i as well am perplexed...?? cant think of it

Originally posted by SleepAnDream

i lived in florida for a year last year...went to mardi gras...panama city every weekend....painted w/ this kid nokt from talahassee, dbl crew, he was pretty fuckin good. quick ass painter, i likee florida

shit thats cool..hey did the kid you paint with own a beer store? theres some dudes up there i kinda know that own a beer store there cool...good too

Guest SPLINTER

i just wouldnt be able to bring myself low enough to kill anyone. i used to able to kill anything, any animal, but now its hard to kill a roach. i just beleive that if i kill it i should eat it. and i sure as hell aint eating a human.

i dont beleive killing is ok in any situation. its murder, point blank. that my bleife and im not trying to force it on anyone nor can you change it. i can see why some may kill, i have thought about the situation were someone is attacking someone i love and have thought i might kill, but im not gonna go and join a place that teaches me to do it like theres nothing wrong with it. same reason i could never be a cop or a gangster, after you kill a few times your soul becomes cold and every subsequent kill is easier. i couldnt live with it if i did it.

but if you can get passed that go ahead. join. i need someone to protect my ass but then again, who the hell is gonna try to invade LA?? thats like trying to invade a city with its own army and the army of its country.

anyway if its for you and you think youll like it. do it. it will teach you leadership and comradery, thats why i joined football, but i dont really like it. another thing it taught me was doing what i dont really like. YOU make the choice man.

I'm sorry

The option of "not fighting" or "not killing" only seems reasonable to someone who has never been to jail. It's a very hard world, and we are damned lucky to have brave men and women who are willing to defend us. We live in a world where, like it or not, it's "Fuck, Fight, or Hold the Light." We get to choose, just like fish in the joint. Either fight, and be a man, or bend over and prepare to meet your true nature. Pacifism is not an acceptable option in the real world. It is a luxury, bought and paid for by the blood of brave men. In the real world, pacifists get turned out as pussy by murderous monsters.

I started out naive and stupid, but I wised up as time went by.

And for all the cynics and me-first slackers, all I can say is "You must live all your life with your decisions." I started out standing in those shoes and the thought of it causes me considerable shame.

The Marine Corps is NOT FOR EVERYONE. It is only for people who understand the meaning of loyalty and discipline. For certain, not everyone understands that. Those that understand, I regard as brothers forever. Those that don't, just don't. That's all.

Guest SPLINTER

yeah. like i said if you like it join, we need someone to defend us. thats what i said.

i just know that I wouldnt be able to kill. i dont plan on going anywhere near a jail, (no i dont write no more so i dont brake the law) and i jsut dont plan on killing anyone in my life time. im not too religious but i am spiritual and i just think the bible and most of the other scriptures had something goin when they outlawed killing. the reason pacifism doesnt work is because we teach our children that it doesnt work. if we all taught our children about what ghandi and MLK accomplished instead of teaching them about what Adolf Hitler accomplished during his reign of terror we might get something going.

there are countries that dont fight and arent 3rd world countries. Canada rarely ever get into it with anyone and they are very well of. if world war 3 started right now i wouldnt fight and if i did fight i wouldnt leave my area, i would get killed anywhere else. if you can kill, then you can kill. some people cant. i guess i would be a bitch in the "real" world but i guess i aint leaving my world so i have nothing to worry about.

one thing

the army is easy. go in, be told what to do, get paid...maybe you get to use neato stuff...

don't subject yourself to that at 18...learn...live...travel w'out camouflage clothing once or twice...fall in love w/ a woman, not a girl.

and then if you still want to join the service, do it...but don't just fuckin' join cause it's what you've always wanted to do.

i've always wanted to OD on heroine while jumping off a building, but fuck if i'm ever going to get around to it. i've also always wanted to be an architect...some things you can appreciate from afar while maintaining your sense of self...

your sense of self will be dismantled and destroyed if you join the army... not that uni or work won't destroy it, but at least it's not the army.

what is it with americans and their desire to 'represent' their country...it's ridiculous...stop buying into your own media...your media creates stories that feed your point of view...and the army is just the pimple on the ass that ends up having to drudge through the bullshit the politicians, companies, and media make...

MAKE YOUR OWN BULLSHIT.

-dot.

Archived