Collections, anyone?

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I collect shot glasses. It's a bit odd considering I'm straight edge I guess.. I've been doing it since I was a little kid, but have since stopped in the past 5 years or so.

I also used to collect comic books when I was little, as well as ALF cards.

I guess I don't really collect anything these days.

a lot of dif stuff i gues...comics...thats what really comes to mind as of right now...i used to collect sports memoribilia as a kid..not anymore and rocks...rocks were big...

oh i collect beer bottles from different countries and provinces in that country that ive had...

wellllllllllllll

I have 48 original G.I. Joes in the packages.

I have over 200 cans of full flatball Krylon.

I have 6 unridden mint skateboards from cabalero, Natural Koncepts, and a heroshi rare 200 print.

I have Spawn 1-85 mint, Punisher 1-45 mint and a gangload of other comics.

I have over 100 old cameras.

I have a 1932 Tattoo machine from Lyle Tutles personal collection and a tattoo machine designed by GRIME (i hope you guys know who that is, you should)

I have 3 schwinn bikes from the 60's in mint.

I have every Spawn figure to series 8 in mint packages.

I could go on but I'm showing how much of a nerd I am.

CAPS............ what the fuck do I spend my money on?

jesus / thats insane!

one of my teachers has collected for the past twoenty years streeet trash...he goes on his bike with a journal and one of those claws..picks shit...writes it down, then uses it in his installations, galleries or just for his studio...he just said it was like a hobby for him..one mans trash is anothers treasure kinda thing...

he also has a bag full of 20 year old hamburgers...there so old that there hard as fucking rocks and they dont smell a bit presumably the bacteria is dead or something...that was disgusting to see though:cool:

Re: wellllllllllllll

Originally posted by CAPS

...I have 48 original G.I. Joes in the packages...

oh yeah...what gave you the idea to save those like that? did you buy em now as a collector or when they first came out..just curious...

Guest serpent of the light

dude, are you talking about the small plastic joes or the taller ones? i want the small ones, they win.

i got sports cards of all realms, rocks n minerals, coins, monkeys

Originally posted by yoink

jesus / thats insane!

one of my teachers has collected for the past twoenty years streeet trash...he goes on his bike with a journal and one of those claws..picks shit...writes it down, then uses it in his installations, galleries or just for his studio...he just said it was like a hobby for him..one mans trash is anothers treasure kinda thing...

he also has a bag full of 20 year old hamburgers...there so old that there hard as fucking rocks and they dont smell a bit presumably the bacteria is dead or something...that was disgusting to see though:cool:

man your treacher is a freak, i mean the street trash idea is creative if he collected it polished it up and somehow used it as canvas/sculpture

but the hamburgers!!! what the fuck

i have about 100 some mint some not michael jordan cards...thats all i used to collect all from the pre and some after the 1993 retirement

i tryed collecting those happy meal toys to sell on ebay but the fuckers are too much of an effort to get

Originally posted by cheifblame

...but the hamburgers!!! what the fuck

dude 20 years ago he used it in a gallery as a theme he had he made a grill out of sticks and twigs then put the burgers ..then fresh on it in a checkerboard fashion plain, cheese, plain, cheese....then he kept them he doesnt even know why..he laoughs about it....hes a space cadet but a good teacher...!

he also went through a stint of eating an apple a day for i dontknow a couple months and saving the cores....:D he labeled em in ziplocks..its like the degeneration of the apple...

Guest Canadiano

baseball - O-Pee-Chee, Donruss, Topps, Upper Deck

hockey - O-Pee-Chee, Upper Deck, Score

basketball - Hoops,...fuck, I don't remember what else.

football - Pro Line, O-Pee-Chee Premier

and a fucking shit load of comics. I still have a few good valuable ones left, too.

those small collecters spoons with the name of a state that they sell in every tourest-trap-shit-hole-giftshop

i hang them on my wall

Guest railroadjerk

o-pee-chee wow canadian topps...that brings me back. you forgot bowman and fleer...hmm what else.

i have literally hundreds of thousands of baseball cards in storage, makros get at a dude.

i also have many a POG as well as my collection of vintage milk caps lying somewhere...

those were the days.

Re: wellllllllllllll

Originally posted by CAPS

a tattoo machine designed by GRIME (i hope you guys know who that is, you should)

I have 6 unridden mint skateboards from cabalero, Natural Koncepts, and a heroshi rare 200 print.

hot shit caps... the big G or the little G? those machines are fuckin rad... also, have you seen grime's deck collection? it is quite extensive...

as for me, first, look at my name... records records records...

after that it's comic books and cartoons...

I like collecting "hip-hop" original pressings of 12' singles and cassette LP's......hard to find shit and older stuff from the late 80's and early 90's....lately I have been trying to find original Godfather Don vinyl or stuff from Percee-P from New York....I just located a single from Volume 10.."Pistol Grip Pump" on vinyl....so I guess I'm hyped on that.I guess that's all.later.

ive just realized....that i do not collect anything...im looking around my room now...and nothing is like...collection stuff..OHH YEAH WAIT!!! bottle caps..beer bottle caps..i collect some of the ones i drink...for whatever reasons..especially when its off brand or import beer ive never tried....there...im a pakc rat too!!!!!:D

Archived