Tool - July 15th - Do i go?

High Priest

All right so heres the deal. Tool is doing two dates in California this year, pretty much im guessing its the only time there going to be in L.A. while on tour supporting Lateralus.I happen to really like Tool, ive seen them twice before on both the Aenima and undertow tours and id really like to see them again how ever ticket prices start at $45 dollars ... which seems a little steep to me.

I could do quite a lot of other things with that money and more then likely could see 2 or more other decent bands for that price. So does this seem like a fair deal to any one? Is $45 dollars really worth admission to see ANY band?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It depends on how much you like the band. I wanted to go to their show in Dallas, but I can't because it's all sold out already. And I don't think it's for another month or so. I would have payed $45 to go see them in a heart beat.

Good news is, you can still get ripped off for a ticket on ebay.

it really does depend on the band

and how much you like em. ive payed outrageous prices to go to concerts. but in the end it was all worth it. unfortunately in my opinion i dont think tool is worth past $20.....but hey i dont even like em. just as word to the wise.....scalpers can be some of your best friends. i got a $50 concert ticket for $35 and still got in the pit. ebay sucks....i still got a deftones video that is suppose to be sent to me.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I paid $55 dollars for a concert ticket and $300 for an airplane ticket to go see U2 in New Orleans when I was living in PR. So don't feel too stupid about it. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest beardo

it also depends on your party favors. bet if you went to the show and took proper care of yourself youd have a time well worth the effort.

i just spent $45 (which is too much to see anyone really [besides phish]) to see trey anastasio. im not particularly hot on his band and i wasnt too hot on his show last summer. but i said fuck it and went anyway, got hammered and had a blast. well worth every penny.

beardo/dont do drugs

Guest mafIAkilla

yes,go see them. i saw them on lollapalooza and i saw them last october.....definitely worth it and they usually have good opening bands also.....

Archived