detox

Guest --zeSto--

zesto

Originally posted by --zeSto--

..has anyone here actually done something like this?

yes... I have... and I stuck it out for a week.

There may be different deals with the vitamin issue,

but the general practice is all the same.

so I dropped about 10 pounds in the week, then put 6 back on.

hey im pretty stoked bout trying something like this...i read in that article a blurb on all water fasting? would you reccomend that..im just thinking cause i dontknow if i wanna make that tea or stock up on it (gettin the real syrup)...if you were to reccomend someone doing it..since you did...what would the regiment be?

ex.. multivitamin, daily excersize, water /tea? and you said something bout laxatives...you mean herbal lax's?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Try and make it a regular habit instead of a one time thing..

Carry around water, dont drink soda etc

You might be able to get used to it..its pretty easy for me because i wasnt allowed junk food, soda, etc growing up

I just messed up on the no drinking and drugging part.

/ to that...yeah im gettin used to drinking pretty much only water..i said it above...but im goin to make it a habit..i just wanna see what the whoel thing is like goin through an actual period of it then adapting to a healthier lifestyle....starting tomorow! ha

When I quit smoking weed, I quit hanging out with a certain group of "friends." I still see them, but it's just like, "Hey what's up?" And that's it. One of the things about quitting doing a drug is that you are going to have to find a new group of friends.

on the quitting smoking thing its something I have been arguing with for a few months trying to do...My hardest part is going places where I am used to smoking. This local venue that bands play I am so used to going outside between bands and smoking that when I am there and a band isn't playing I can't find a thing to do to pass the time. Another one of my problems is when I go to one of my really close friends houses I am used to smoking alot and I can't just quit going over there and hanging out. Its my fault I want to smoke over there. Yeah I am blabbling on.

I think i am going to go make me some food because in a little over an hour and a half I am going to go on a short jog.

quitting smoking was the hardest thing ive ever done. luckily i had someone to help me along the way. but i didnt want to be a slave to anything. i do admit ill have the odd smoke here and there, and i do miss the sweet sweet nicotine, but i dont thik i could ever get back, ive got a good hold on it.

the whole cleansing thing sounds great, but with my job, and the amout of physical activities i do during a day, it wouldnt fly for me, id be dying of hunger in no time.

Guest --zeSto--

well it's the next day and I need a detox even more than yesterday!

TT... you dont really feel hungry. Your stomach will get smaller after the first day. The hardest thing is to overcomethe mental fact that "holly shit.. I'm not eating!". But once you get past that, you dont really feel hungry at all (but you will start to crave flavors)

Yoink... I dont think that the water-only deal is good for you. You still need to have some of the things food gives you. The Organic Maple (my tree of choice) syrup and the pepper will give you all you need. When I did it, I was drinking 3 liters of the mix a day and another 3+ liters of water. I wouldn't really exercise, because I didn't want to risk the fatique. So I just do things like go for walks and float in the pool. Plus lots of reading and filling out a few dozen pages in my black book. The Laxative tea is a super gentle way to keep your body moving. It's not like ex-lax where you run to the bathroom screaming. Just drink it at night and you might have a bowel movement in the morning.

well it's the next day and I need a detox even more than yesterday!

The Organic Maple (my tree of choice) syrup...The Laxative tea

where can i get this stuff herbal stores? like health food stores or the gorcery store? im goin out now to look for it..

Guest --zeSto--

I'm sure you can find it at any organic or health food store.

You might even be able to find it at the local grocer, but it's a more expensive item.

just make sure that is Grade A like this one here

make sure the cayenne pepper is fresh too. Most spices are heavily cut with salt, avoid that.

and make sure you read this under The Diet Regime.

werd

I'm sure you can find it at any organic or health food store.

You might even be able to find it at the local grocer, but it's a more expensive item.

just make sure that is Grade A like this one here

make sure the cayenne pepper is fresh too. Most spices are heavily cut with salt, avoid that.

and make sure you read this under The Diet Regime.

aright ill give it a shot...thanks zesto:cool:

Originally posted by Zack Morris

My hardest part is going places where I am used to smoking.

One of the things that is addicting is the activities associated with smoking. I used to do it too, smoke when you wake, smoke after you eat, smoke after you smoke weed, smoke while you're smoking weed, smoke before bed, smoke on the phone, smoke when using the computer...etc...

Smoking addiction also has alot to do with your hands and your mouth. Alot of the time you smoke is because your hands want something to do. One of the hard parts about quitting is finding something else to do. That's something I can't really help you with, but a few suggestions are: chew gum, develop a sweet tooth, pet your cat/dog, whistle, twirl a pen in your fingers.

What you're trying to do is replace smoking a cigarette with something less harmful. To fulfill your mind's association of a certain activity with smoking try something else to keep you busy. It's hard, but anyone can do it. And the way I see it, I had to be strong enough to quit without the help of a patch or nicotine gum. It's all in your mind.

Kicking

Quitting any substance is fucking hard. Right now I'm dealing with an addiction to a certain drug, that is pretty hard core. I got addicted with my ex., and it was one of the main reasons for our break up. People start doing some shady fuckedup things to their friends when they're on that sauce. I cant fuck around. I kicked for like 6 months, and now recently I've been going back to the cop spots to pick up those bags. This last weekend was some messed up shit, so I'm kicking again. I think I may have to move out of state, try to start a new or something. Well anyways, stay clean kiddies!! stick to that beer and weed

Peace

Well I'm going to start a detoxification regiment.

I'm not talking about kicking an Opium addiction,

just cleaning out all those nasty chemicals I've been collecting.

Think of how much nasty shit is left over from all the kegs,

cigars, coffee benders and paint fumigations in the past year.

If I had to do a drug test for work... I'd be unemployed!

so what's so bad about toxins ??

A body overloaded with toxins can result in a number of symptoms. These include constipation, stomach bloat, poor digestion, gas, fatigue, weight gain, excessive mucus, poor concentration, headaches, poor skin, poor memory, depression, body odor, and bad breath.

so waking up feeling hungover most every morning isn't natural?

u do know when do do a drug test they dont test for paint, beer or smokes...

so what's a guy to do ?

this is my plan... (over the next two weeks)

*Start taking a serious vegetable supplement like Greens+

*5 liters of water a day

*Have a sauna once a day

*no alcohol

*bike daily

*have organic tea instead of coffee

yeah... Just wait... I'll be living like Hemmingway again in no time!

Re: Kicking

Originally posted by Methid

Quitting any substance is fucking hard. Right now I'm dealing with an addiction to a certain drug, that is pretty hard core. I got addicted with my ex., and it was one of the main reasons for our break up. People start doing some shady fuckedup things to their friends when they're on that sauce. I cant fuck around. I kicked for like 6 months, and now recently I've been going back to the cop spots to pick up those bags. This last weekend was some messed up shit, so I'm kicking again. I think I may have to move out of state, try to start a new or something. Well anyways, stay clean kiddies!! stick to that beer and weed

Peace

fuck quiting drugs is so easy.. man have a little self fucking control

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

bumping from the deepest bowels of Ch.Zero.... (pun intended)

why?

I was 16 days on and now I'm 2 days off. (very heavy drinking)

I've put on 10 pounds in the past 2 months because of my 'beer diet'.

Well time for another glass of water and some china black tea.

Archived