Hypocrisy in the world today.

Remi Martin

I was watching the news today. In response to suicide attacks Israel invaded Palestinian held territorys and imposed curfew. When the people came out on Friday, the muslim holy day, to restock supplies, Israeli tanks opened fire with machine guns and tank shells 3 children and a adult were killed and 12 wounded. Body count since the uprising in 2000 began, Palestinian deaths 1400, Israeli deaths 500. I was going to post the article, however on CNN's website the only thing I found was Bush pledging support to Israel saying she has the right to defend 'herself'...funny I thought countrys were lands that are non gender specific. So bush is pledging support to a defense leauge that shoots children.

this really bugged me and I wanted to mention it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ctrl+alt+del

understand that all that has been going on in the mid-east for a long time. it started long ago before 2000. dont always rely on stats. nonetheless, you are right. although i did hear that they are claiming it was an accident or some misunderstanding that resulted in those deaths. key word claiming though. i think bush needs to keep his line snorting nose out of other peoples problems. america shouldnt be the world's watchdog.

I actually grew up in the middle east, so Im lucky enough to see it from the other perspective.

But basically, you have people fighting with what ever they can, choice weapon suicide attacks, against one of the more modern armies of the world. I dont in anyway condone the killing of civilians, however, the civilians popuation being targeted and killed are doing very little to stop the equal if not greater, 1400 palestiniens killed in this conflict-mostly civilians vs. 500 Israelis, terrorist actions of their goverment. My problem is Palestine is 3rd world and under seige while Israel is modern.

Further more the the Israeli leader who effectivley negotiated and Peace Settlment was assinated by RIGHT WING ISRAELI'S. And the goverment there has been ruled by rightwings ever since.

I feel for the Israeli people, as I do the Palestinien people. However the United States is hypocritic in its policys and its really no suprise to me that a few million people want to kill us.

Guest Ted Wakowski

No doubt. The U.S. always plants itself in positions based on pure self-interest.

Fuck, I hate even getting into it.

Well their was a curfew in effect to protect everyone. These people went out thinking it was over. The Israelis shot them. It is being investigated. But I guess when you've been having a suicide bomber a day killing hundreds at the local shopping centers and restraunts you might be a little jumpy.

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by Ass&Titties

yall dudes really should get the whole story before commenting.

how about you tell us the whole story mister know it all

Originally posted by Pistol

Well their was a curfew in effect to protect everyone. These people went out thinking it was over. The Israelis shot them. It is being investigated. But I guess when you've been having a suicide bomber a day killing hundreds at the local shopping centers and restraunts you might be a little jumpy.

good point...shit is crazy over in that region and has been for a loong long time...its too bad shit like that happens to both sides...

I dont know 100% of the shit between Palestine/Israel,but it seems like Palestine's getting the short end of the stick, especially US and media wise. On another hypocritical note is those fucken drugs support terrorism commercials. The govt who supports the most terrorism is the US,so I guess paying your taxes is the best way to support "terrorism", which is the new buzzword these fucken devils are using to blow our money on useless wars

Pistol,

Suicide bomber do not kill hundreds a day, the most i think killed so far from the uprising in one attack is around 30.

Again, the body count since the uprising began in 2000 is palestine 1400, israel 500.

but the thing is, the suicide bombers are parts of small radical militias.

the killing done by the israelis, is a full fledged modern army funded by the United States and the direct actions of the nation of Israel.

and I doubt that even 500 of the palestinien casualties were directly terrorist related.

further more...Israel destroyed most of Palestines goverment institutions. Ariel Sharon, in my opinion is waging hitler style tactics on a entire people in response of the actions of a few.

Occupying lands and suppressing people with military force in my opinion is a crime against humanity. If they have nothing to hide and they are so victimized why is Israel so opposed to any international intervention.

Etch, I was talking about suicide bombers attacking malls and shit almost daily and the total body count. I guess I shoulda added a comma. The only reason the Palestinians got the bigger body count is the Israelis have a wide arsenal of weopons. Yes, they buy them from the US. But do you think if the Palestinians were the ones that had all the artillery they would be blasting away Israelies? One other thing to point out. The Israelies go in and target certain individuals and organnizations that are behind the suicide bombings thus killing mostly combatants. The Palestinians are targeting school children, women and families at the local supermarkets and old people having a luncheon on the holiest days of the Jewish calender.

yes the suicide bombers attack with no discrimination, but remember they are at war with a national army that not only buys weapons from us but recives billions in aid and funding. Also, I assure you if I could reference the statistics of innocent Paletinien women, children and men killed at the hands of the Israeli Defense Force since the uprising began yet again, it would pale the Israeli civilian body count in any comparison. Remember the Palestiniens fought with rocks agains tanks and guns for the last 3 decades. Palestine refugee camps inplace since the 50s still do not have plumbing and electricity.

I am rather biased twoards Palestine, but my best freind was Palestinien and as a kid I was exposed to the horrors of Palestine in the 80s and Lebanon, where thousands of Palestininien refugees perished in mass graves at the hands of many.

Basically I feel the Palestinien people as a whole, no regard to the radical militias, are in the midst of a thirty year, if not more, holocust that mainland america is blind to.

its beyond me...

more people in the US are killed every day in violent crimes than in all the suicide attacks combined.

Personally, I advocate looking twoards humanity as a whole, seeing past nationality race and religion and seeking the most positive solution, in example..housing with water and power for all.

Also..anybody catch the hostage standoff in the Church of the Nativity?

that was some loked out shit...terrorist holed up in the birth place of Christ.

shit was loked for sure. and I watched it all via cnn.

The US is in a tough situation. A real no win situation. In general the US hates to get involved and risk lives. Also to stay out of other people's affairs. But at the same time Israel & Palestine aren't really getting closer to working anything out themselves. Although Arafat mentioned he is ready to accept the terms of a few years ago. Whether or not it will happen or is Arafat indeed will have any say or pull in the matter remains to be seen. When Bush originally took office he pledged to stay out of it, hoping the 2 sides could work something out. But in that time shit has gotten worse and the whole area is a hotbed of hatred. One minute the Israelis and Palestinians are wanting the US out and to mind our own buisness then the 2 sides are asking/begging for Bush to send Colin Powell or Anthony Zinni to help out.

To quote Full Metal Jacket

"It's a big shit sandwich and everyones being forced to take a bite"

Regardless of the politics, the people living in third world conditions on their native indiginous land is the Palestiniens. The civilian population was forced to become refugees and the refugees were massacered in the thousands in Lebanon during the 80s. The Palestinien civilians live in third world conditions on their native land. The Palestinien civilians are subjected to invasion and curfew by enforcement of death in their native lands. All at the hands of a goverment we support.

And again, the Israeli leader, Rabin, I think it was negotiated a peace settlment in 93 to which Arafat agreed to. Rabin was assinated by a Israeli Radical, the peace agreement was never carried out and Israel fell in to the hands of Right Wing Conservitives, much like our own, that we continue to bank roll.

Dont get me wrong, Im sure the radicals would happily face execution if caught, so go fucking catch em with out victimizing the natives of the land the United Nations and Britian decided to dishout.

and just a side note..the united nations and britian are both not indiginous to the said region being dished out.

Guest Ted Wakowski

I have a hard time even watching the news anymore. Half the time I end up questioning the basic validity of the information intended to be pumped into my brain and overlooking the fundamental point of what's being said in the first place, which probably isn't worth paying any attention to anyway.

I hate too many things.

dont mind me...

i grew up within a hundred miles of a war for the first 11 years of my life. I moved to Cali due to war. Several of my best freinds growing up are from several different war zones.

my father has been in two wars. my grandfathers were in the korean war, ww1 and ww2, my father in the vietnam war and the gulf war.

i have been around the world over 40 times. straight military raised.

call me bitter. i know when people are getting fucked over...

top most fucked over people?

Palestine

Native Americans, both north and south america

South Africans

Jews of Europe

all come in at a tie in no paticular order

hmmm....how many of those goverments does the land of the free support?

pacifism is the only answer

grow some weed and get the fuck over it allready.

so basically your saying im right?

further more...

the United States perpetuates drug use and then tries to victimize drug dealers with the terrorism shit.

Esai has a point. The United States takes no effective action twoards drugs. All we got out of the war on drugs is thousands on mandatory sentences for trynna make a buck at the least and at the most going twoards what they could do to support to their familys. Peep the history of the death sqauds in El Salvador. Peep the history. Our goverment is stupider in the skull than tease. I renounce my citizenship on the racist actions of our goverment, however citizenshit is my god given right, i was birthed from 2 military parents...

and btw...in regards to the massacare of hundreds if not thousands of Palestininien refugees, it was committed by Lebanese militiamen who were let in to the camps by none other than Ariel Sharon.

And the Israeli settlements are illegal under international law.

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by cmeup

^^^^^^^^ good point.

you gotta be a dumb mutha fucker to be a suicide bomber...

fucking 'tards.

tease:rolleyes:

i heard that iraq has been hooking up families of 'martyrs' with something like $15000 US.

a quote i came up with two nights ago..."Ah, American and Middle East politics. The topics that most often bridge the gab between intellectuals and idiots." Not necessarily directed to you guys, but if you met a couple of the people i sometimes chill with, you'd understand perfectly what that means.

Originally posted by cmeup

man the palestians are the ones fucking doing all the suicidal bombings...

who gives a shit if isreal took their supposed land...

that gives them no right to blow up innocent people..

you can only get shitted on so much before you get pissed or and retalliate against those who are shitting on you. in this case, palestians were shitting on the isrealies, and they got fed up and started dictating shit.

You discredited your own point. If someone is inhabiting your land for 30+ years you're not going to say thats getting "shitted on"?

rock throwers vs. powerful military forces....come on now...

Lets also keep in mind the majority on both sides want this to end peacefully, especially since many haciidic(sp? i'm tired) jews have an obligation to social justice to call for justice for the palestinians, something that the US news media ignores.

Guest JIGSAW

I'll stick to palestines side...they got shitted, they go to jail without trial, their homes, are moving always, their men get branded with numbers, but they still pay israel taxes fuck israel...

I have much more respect for my Native American brothers & sisters than the Palestinians that support or condone suicide bombers.

If you want fight Israel fight the Army straight up on some David and Goliath type shit. But don't target and attack innocent civilians buying groceries. If you don't think you can win don't try to justify the suicide bombings that way.

Also not all these Palestinians are willing to lay down and die for the cause uniformally. What about all those cowards that ran inside the Church of the Nativity and refused to come out cause the did'n't want to go to trial. So they waited and finally worked out a deal where they could go to Italy, Greece, Spain, etc on a vacation. The only reason they weren't down to kill themselves for the cause was because they wouldn't be able to take out any innocent women and children with them.

Yeah, I agree with etcho. If you really read about history(not the god bless america disneyland version in our schools' textbooks) you'll see how people get fucked over. I hate to be so judgemental, but defending 95% of the US's actions shows me how much people are suckers.

Archived