Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Glue

?Firewall question?

A firewall is a protection program.

Now i think, basically, what it does is to eliminate all outside contact such as AIM, IRC, game servers....so what this means is that a firewall would stop the computer from conecting and recieiving/transfering data to another remote server...now heresthe question...on a LAN/T-1

would a firewall prevent LAN gaming AND prevent one from recieving a list of servers from a remote host?

if not, then why wont it work and why wont aim or irc work....please help if you have any knowledge of this

Guest Dyptheria

i'm sure you can adjust the parameters of your firewall to include and exclude who/what you wants accessing your files. a lot of people with firewalls are also connected to LANs, so just look at which firewall you are using

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i have a firewall, im not sure about yours, but i can set mine to accept from servers of my choice. a prompt will pop up and i can choose yes or no. i play cs and jk2 just fine. i use aim and mIRC fine also.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this