stupid irritating bitches

Guest uncle-boy

Guest uncle-boy

well i know a lot of you dont like Dash Board Confessionals and all, but sometimes i like to listen to their songs cause it actually says how i feel. (i know how gay that sounds)

well anyway, their whole steez is like emo "oh i'm so sad i miss my lover" music.

i just saw a video on MTV of them playing live in the MTV studio with a bunch of groupies sitting cross legged drooling over them. They were playing one of there emo sad songs, but every fucking idiot in the crowd was wearing a big stupid grin and singing along. it was so fucking irritating.

if you are gonna be all sad emo music fans, dont become a happy gay ass chorus backing the band up when you see them live. just sit there looking sad and contemplate your pathetic life.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ego trippin

first

Thats all, i have nothing to contribute.

fuck groupies, yay for uncle boy

Guest uncle-boy

Re: Re: stupid irritating bitches

Originally posted by RickJameski

or quit bitching and realize the time spent whining can be spent being productive.

the same can be said for time spent posting on a message board.....;)

Guest ilikeskulls.
Originally posted by WhenOne

emo kids smell... really bad

that's crusties..not emo kids...emo kids just suck.

Guest Dyptheria

emo kids smell... really bad

girlies love the way i smell. they get all close and sniff me. and they love running their hands through our messy hair.

yeah, i feel ya on that uncle boy. Alot (not all) of bands have at least one sad song no matter what type of music it is. And when you see the band perform that song in person, the crowd (through my eyes anyway) seems to totally miss the point, and or mood of the song. Like the musician could be totally pouring, his or her heart out on stage, and the audience is basically on the verge of forming a mosh pit. Things like that irritate me alot. Its like everyone around me at a show seems to be a mindless radio jockin shallow fool! Damn the aggression...

emo guys arent really guys

they have all had their estrogen levels pumped up 3000%

girls only like them because they think they are other chicks

so to all the emo kids on here...

go sit in your corner and cry with your smelly self

and if you have a gun...

use it on yourself

Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by OPIUM3

the crowd (through my eyes anyway) seems to totally miss the point, and or mood of the song. Like the musician could be totally pouring, his or her heart out on stage, and the audience is basically on the verge of forming a mosh pit. Things like that irritate me alot. Its like everyone around me at a show seems to be a mindless radio jockin shallow fool! Damn the aggression...

EXACTLY!!:idea: :mad: :idea:

Guest Dyptheria

emo guys arent really guys

they have all had their estrogen levels pumped up 3000%

girls only like them because they think they are other chicks

so to all the emo kids on here...

go sit in your corner and cry with your smelly self

and if you have a gun...

use it on yourself

you guys have no fucking idea what emo is. the media just stole it from the underground and call shit like dashboard confessional emo. its like how they call brandi hip hop. go buy some Antioch Arrow or some Unwound. no ones crying. Emo was original music, the shit corporate america is selling as emo was always around, but was called folk-indie before the record industry found a new catch-buzzword to give it.

sorry im not down with the underground

emo is emo is emo

all i know is the kids who call themselves emo

that live around here... fucking make me sick

my cousin is emo... i hate her for it

anger is where its at

word to your moms

Originally posted by uncle-boy

EXACTLY!!:idea: :mad: :idea:

Kinda makes you want to bash some skulls doesn't it!?! :mad: I was at a show where basically alot of this musicians songs were about getting fucked over by various outside forces, and the kids in front of me were jumping up and down like the grass was a trampoline and life was peachy keen because they were too young to understand what difficulties are and can't relate. Then everyone else started jumping up and down with them. I thought i was going to explode from sheer anger, yet i played the poker face and punched something later. Anyone else ever get that shit at shows?

Guest Dyptheria

i'm not going to hold it against anyone for not knowing, but the truth is, people who looked like that (the"emo"look) made music that sounded nothing like dashboard confessional. there was poetry, but the music was rather dischordant and chaotic. and most importantly, the word emo was an insult, it was used to make fun of these people. now kids dress like that, play music nothing like the original shit, and gladly give some silly title to themselves that was intended to be an insult. so go tell your cousin how she is a product of bad corporate marketing.

Guest ilikeskulls.
Originally posted by Dyptheria

you guys have no fucking idea what emo is. the media just stole it from the underground and call shit like dashboard confessional emo. its like how they call brandi hip hop. go buy some Antioch Arrow or some Unwound. no ones crying. Emo was original music, the shit corporate america is selling as emo was always around, but was called folk-indie before the record industry found a new catch-buzzword to give it.

yeah...that is correct pretty much...dashboard crap crap would fit under folk or indie better.the word emo is more thrown around then then a football at a frat house.

antioch arrow are rad. portraits of past are way fucking better though.

Guest Dyptheria
Originally posted by OPIUM3

Kinda makes you want to bash some skulls doesn't it!?! :mad: I was at a show where basically alot of this musicians songs were about getting fucked over by various outside forces, and the kids in front of me were jumping up and down like the grass was a trampoline and life was peachy keen because they were too young to understand what difficulties are and can't relate. Then everyone else started jumping up and down with them. I thought i was going to explode from sheer anger, yet i played the poker face and punched something later. Anyone else ever get that shit at shows?

i dunno, i think the musician knows what kind of audience he/she is performing to. thats one of the sacrifices you make when you try to make a living off of your art: most people who are supporting you, aren't really feeling you, they don't really understand your message.

i remember when i was a little kid, i like this group called operation ivy. (i know, you most likely know who they are) well, Op Ivy broke up because they were getting too famous, and their singer didn't want that. they wanted a small following, where everyone that liked them were people that would understand there music and message. its so funny, over a decade later and i'm in college, and i see kids with operation ivy tattoos, kids who obviously had no idea what the East Bay scene was like (basically, no idea what Op Ivy was about), they don't even realize that their whole mentality is what caused the demise of that band. its even funnier that the band starting playing again without the singer, and went on to be famous under the name Rancid...

Originally posted by Dyptheria

i dunno, i think the musician knows what kind of audience he/she is performing to. thats one of the sacrifices you make when you try to make a living off of your art: most people who are supporting you, aren't really feeling you, they don't really understand your message.

i remember when i was a little kid, i like this group called operation ivy. (i know, you most likely know who they are) well, Op Ivy broke up because they were getting too famous, and their singer didn't want that. they wanted a small following, where everyone that liked them were people that would understand there music and message. its so funny, over a decade later and i'm in college, and i see kids with operation ivy tattoos, kids who obviously had no idea what the East Bay scene was like (basically, no idea what Op Ivy was about), they don't even realize that their whole mentality is what caused the demise of that band. its even funnier that the band starting playing again without the singer, and went on to be famous under the name Rancid...

Yeah, i was basically one of those Op Ivy kids who didn't really listen to the message. It was the overall vibe that kind of made you feel the way you thought you wanted to feel. I am guilty of liking them, and not really paying all that much attention to their messages at the time I was really into listening to them. I guess basically history repeats itself in so many ways...

Archived