Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
buttercup

Two characters and an outline

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by GIMIC-ONE

thats nice, you went ta a drawing summer camp, arent you special? too bad there isnt a typography summer camp ....

man ... if there was a typography camp ... I'd be a counsellor.

and I dont think that the 'crome fade' really works with the outline.

I expect to see that style of fade on a sign outside of a used car dealership.

And those letters are super clean and proportionally perfect (in an typographic sence)

I just think that the fill over powers a single black outline.

Maybe if you had done a 2nd outline it wouldn't be so severe a difference.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

and I dont think that the 'crome fade' really works with the outline.

I agree wholeheartedly. But I wanted to try something like that for a while now.

As for the "drawing camp" remark - no I haven't. I just really enjoy putting serious effort into my characters. You feel free to do some half-assed b-boys with obscured faces though.............:rolleyes:

Guest imported_Tesseract

I love em, always nice to see things like that...On the character/portrait thing...Theese canot be called 'portraits' in the classical use of the word, as you said your self, still 'characters' isnt fitting either. Characters, in my opinion, are traced in history as comic based drawings trasnfered on wall...or cartoon 'characters' imaginary characters used in sequels (i think thats where the definition comes from) The thing is that i dont concider 'characters' graffiti in any way...in the best form,leave os gemeos out, characters have nothing to do with the medium used nor the 'act' of graffiti...characters on graffiti seem to me like their used for extra bling and thats all there is to it. In your case it think its drawing, these are drawings aka painting, original painting...they're far more 'portraits' than 'characters', of course natalie portman wasnt sitting in front of you (damn!) but a graphic account of what you saw as you mean it, is called a 'study' not a portrait.

Guest ..oX..

(looks at your characters)

(looks at mine)

(puts head in closing loading-dock door)

what that ^ means is two things:

1) this snapple smells like butt

2) really nice sketches.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Tesseract

leave os gemeos out

you're lucky you said that!

holy shit girl....

you fuckin burn with the characters..

the piece isnt bad...but the fucking characters are sick.

As for the "drawing camp" remark - no I haven't. I just really enjoy putting serious effort into my characters. You feel free to do some half-assed b-boys with obscured faces though.............

thats nice.. but i guess you didnt really comprehend what i was saying, let me spell it out for you. why not spend as much time on your letters? that piece and drawing are shit... really shit... so what im saying is, you should spend as much time on your letters as your characters!

those pin-up girls are dope did you create them yourself or did you copy them. (not saying that sarcasticly):cool:

Originally posted by GIMIC-ONE

thats nice.. but i guess you didnt really comprehend what i was saying, let me spell it out for you. why not spend as much time on your letters? that piece and drawing are shit... really shit... so what im saying is, you should spend as much time on your letters as your characters!

why on earth would I let some one else define graffiti for me?