Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest SE4_2002

DDS Crew London

!"

Look at the london graff scene now hardly any 1 is doing anything the only people witha bit of determination is atg i.e. rest and panik dpm i.e neas etc. and cos and take at the rate everything is getting buffed there will be wank all left in a couple of years and all it will probably be is a wack chrome and black

"

and your contribution is?????????

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_b0b

It's easy to talk about the things other people do, but if you aren;t part of the solution then you are part of the problem. You can't moan about style if you aren't painting and leading by example because people are influenced by what they see around them.

I'm not defending shit graffiti, but it is easy to talk about this and that but is is just talk. Go out and show them how it should be done rather than wasting energy criticising.

Guest imported_b0b

and Tox is a bad example. Everything about him is savage; the way he bombs and the style he bombs everything. I think nearly EVERY up writer loves Tox, that includes kings old & new.

Originally posted by bollocks@Oct 11 2004, 09:44 PM

Prisoner,

i think you have missed the point. Take a train ride down any line and all you see is shite dubs. And before you start giving me a lecture about me doing this blah, blah, blah, open your eyes everything looks toy. You honestly get inspired to paint when you look around? Yes people are doing loads of damage and are busting their balls in doing so and making sacrifices, but at the end of the day it is still toy. Just because i only take pictures doesnt mean that i dont know about 'style', are you saying that henry chalfant and martha cooper dont know shit? i have travelled to most Euro cities, and what they paint legal or illegal fucking shits on anything done in this country, or more to the point london. Like i said in a previous post what was being done here in the 80's was rocking and burning forward, then the 'dds' factor (bombing & more bombing) sent the style factor to what it is today, shite dubs that are all the same. Yes they have done loads, but it looks toy. We are fucking lightyears in mentality and capabilities behind the rest of Europe. so if you still think i am a wanker, whatever. graff in this country sucks and i aint wasting any more film or time until something decent is done.

you have got very valid points, the majority of stuff you say is true...england is proberly the worst in the world for graffiti no bullshit......i would say there are a few citys wat are booming with style and are going forward for example i would say nottingham has one of the best scenes no matter what anyone says, loads of diffrent styles, talented writers its full of history....good strong scene, plus it gets loads of european visitors..why is this???, because they like the scene, the people, the beer, nearly everry writer i have spoke to from overseas wants to go to london for one reason, the tube period......i resepect dds and all the hardcore bombers and crews without out a doubt they get up and they get up hard i love it dearly.....but times change and styles do as well, the english mentality is low and weak thats a fact, its deprressing when you can count a handful of people wat are doing something worthwhile on the trains, to say london is a capital city its shit nothing personal, take a look at berlin, theres more writers then police, there is 10 graffiti shops, even the most ugliest bombing is good to look at because its a thousand more times thought about, natural, planned then anything england can deal with.........since ive been travelling all over europe and the world i hate coming back to this place, there is no culture here at all nothing for young people there more intrested in wat they can raise and blaze, hardly anyone here is creative......go to spain you will see culture its crazy man........anyways enough moaning it dont go anywhere, im not here to diss anyone im here to just open peoples eyes to the world around them because alot of people have tunnel vision.......

dead ponies, ive been to paris and still much prefer london style to any other....std produce pure good shit and tox is one of my favorite wirters ever....how any of you can say dds is uninventive stuns me as well....look at shu2, he started dds and there's no-one with style like his. and bolloxs you cant say fuck all, you dont even write....its not your place to pass comment on what people busting thier balls to put out, sayin it looks toy...you put in fuck all effort to take pictures, and your complaining there's nothing you want to take photo's of? why not start and go and do stuff you want to get flicks of, you dont even write so how can you say that london isnt skilled enough? youve havent got skills to teach us with. saying that erything looks toy just shows how closed minded you are, there's writers in london rocking shit like the stuff you want to see....

what i get from reading your posts is that your some dude who doesnt like anything that doesnt excatly conform to your idea of whats good graffitti, if you dont like it, you say its toy.....dds are bombers but they can peice as well, have you paid no attentuion to the yard shots in htis thread alone....burners, full clours with letter forms, connections, thought out colour schemes, they're also one of the most varied crews, there are bombers and people who maybe arent that into peiceing, take, plug, much ect. but then in the same crew you've got people like zom, fume, vizo, diet, figaro, 4 real who all bomb hard but also peice stupidly good...and alot of dds' stuff is heavily influenced by old school london......hold on,half of them are old school london weather they still write or not.....your just a prick. and do you think anyone cares if your taking photos or not??

it's really annoying when people come back from a holiday on mainland europe and decide that all london graf is ugly

the same people come back from new york and decide that london is too poncified and we should all be hardcore and do nothing but throwups rah rah rah

dds populiresd a style that is now unique to london, we should be thankfull instead of chatting shit.

Originally posted by iamokru@Oct 12 2004, 05:19 PM

just to prove my point.... ;)

28.jpg

4.jpg

19.jpg

there's plenty more on this thread alone....

You proved your point with 10 year old pieces? I think iv'e just proved mine! (and they look like legals...are we talking about illegal stuff here?)

Can of Worms, I think it's great what DDS did for London, but think its a real shame that we haven't really evolved as a city. When I come back from Europe, I realise just how bad the London scene is, and cannot for the life of me understand anyone that doesn't?

Bob, you make a good point, but I think we should be allowed to voice our opinions without fear of questioning our own activity. I think its healthy to argue about such a subject....otherwise we're frozen into just accepting what we see as 'london' style'. And what exactly is 'London Style'? Simple letters with minimum experimentation? Iv'e seen you post some really interesting stuff so cant understand why you'd want to defend the London scene at the moment?

To all those reading, try and argue constructivly rather than the usual 'Fuck off and paint something' bullshit.

Go to brickslayers, and check out the bates, swet, sabe, kacao and atome threads. i think that sort of sums up the competition and what is being done overseas compared to all the 'heavyness' which is going on here.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by DeadPonies@Oct 12 2004, 08:23 PM

Bob, you make a good point, but I think we should be allowed to voice our opinions without fear of questioning our own activity. I think its healthy to argue about such a subject....otherwise we're frozen into just accepting what we see as 'london' style'. And what exactly is 'London Style'? Simple letters with minimum experimentation? Iv'e seen you post some really interesting stuff so cant understand why you'd want to defend the London scene at the moment?

Mr Ponies

As I said: I don't like shit graf, whatever style it is trying to be. However just being negative on the internet isn't going to get us anywhere. People trying to do decent stuff and actually putting it up is going to make a difference.

Carry on arguing your point, I like to see people with a mind of their own and who aren't just following the herd sheeplike.

dead ponies, weather or not they're legals has got nothing really to do with weather or not the style they're done in is toy or not, they are about 10 years old, but bollox is talkin about everything in london post 1990 being shit, that viz is 95 ect..... no experimentation...look at rainman. who's points been proved now!!??:lol::lol: ;)

pal-01l.jpg

189.jpg

eba00364878f00000008.jpg

br_tracksides.jpgrainman.jpgrainman_flyover.jpgrainman_frankenstein.jpg

some more recent stuff..........

iamokru: I think whether we're talking about legals or not makes alot of difference. What are your chances of seeing full colour trackside burners in London? Limited to say the least compared to say, Barcelona where A crome and black, however nice the lettering would be considered a half hearted attempt.

Rainman isn't actually from London so your point is slightly flawed. Sorry. (Maybe that's why his style is unique?)

I think the problem with London is people following the herd. People need to open their fucking eyes.

So bored of people defending graffiti with no style. Is it because of DDS' notorious 'badboy' rep that people look up to them? (Although having met a couple of them, they seem alright) I'd rather not mention tags, but there's a load of writers out there who have been knocking out the same style for 10 years. Whats the point? Fame? Famous for not being innovative.

MAYBE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KNOCKIN AOUT THE SAM STYLE BECAUSE THEY R FROM LONDON-AND LONDON IS THAT STRAIGHT LINE STICKS STYLE.....

IVE MET MANY DD HEADS AND THINK MOST OF THEM R PRICKS AND THEY AINT BAD, MORE LIKE A BUNCH OF JA-FAKENS...BUT THEN IT DEPENDS O NWHAT U CLASS AS GANGASTA..I SUPPOSE

Fuck next euro styles id you don't like what London has to offer either do something about it or move somewhere else.

As for DDS they've been smashing it for years and are one of the only crews that are always painting the underground. Their style is raw London, fuck using some spastic half hearted letters and who cares whether you've met them and think they're pricks- sounds like someones jealous.

id love to see someone from europe come and paint full colour trackside,s roof tops etc all the time. people who say london writers dont put in the effort haven got a fucking clue about what the scene is really like here. For one look at our train yards compared to most others in the world: trip wires, cctv, alarms: its halfway impossible to get in there let alone piece the trains.

Oh and style fuck man look around you. yes there are the few who stick to the roots but come on !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Illegalgunshots@Oct 13 2004, 05:34 PM

fuck the talk show some bludclart flicks!!! 3 swot

Just wanted to say that when I was last in Paris, there was alot of pretty wak graf around after all the main writers got bagged.

I personally think that style in London has diversified alot since 2000. I mean we have DPM/THC and London elements of NT pushing styles that are completely different to "traditional", I have met lots of new writers who are well into that whole "Euro" look.

Something else that needs to be taken into consideration is that alot of other Euro cities have a more coherent scene, with more experienced writers who stay on and influencing newer writers.

In London, we have new writers whose main priority is to get up, get fame. They really do get out there and smash it, but usually by the time the get good they drop off into drugs, clubbing or music - so the visible parts of London are covered with stuff which isn't that good. -

So maybe London needs a change in mentality, but if that was the case would we then have someone like TOX who for me made London graf exciting and raised the public profile (good or bad).

DDS are keeping it together and people like Shu, Teach, Stax are still painting, evolving a unique style. If it doesn't inspire you then get out there and push something that you do like.

In the end I just like good letters, whether they be old school, semi wild, euro, funky etc..Blap Blap!

fuck europe. Londons original.

europe you can walk into a yard jus by hopping over a 2ft chickwn wire fence an get away with it.

Londons where its at. oldest underground system. lovin it.

fuck btp

atg aint representin london. graff aint bout trax trax and a fu more trax, wheres the steel. u cant b a writer if u dont hit steel aswell.

anyone can take over trax with a bit of paint and a bit of work.

not anyone could do what tox has done, especially not atg.

maybe he aint got the best styles but thats what makes him original, he's shit, and he smashed london harder than anyone else.

so dont chat shit bout him, till u can match him.

London graff-toxic 2004.

stw

Originally posted by CamAlmighty+Oct 13 2004, 10:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CamAlmighty - Oct 13 2004, 10:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-greenfingaz@Sep 30 2004, 09:46 PM

i have the old steel injection vid,

Really!? Can I be your friend??

[/b]

:haha:

3 KIST

2.Things....that old steel injection vid,pure class!!!2nd point....European Bollocks,Fuck europe.....Just what continent is our green and pleasant land in?

:confused2:

don´t act like london is possible only for james bond and friends...

...there are subway systems in europe,where almost only backjumps are possible,and people don´t cry about it like you do,plus there is a much more creative and active scene....get used to it or cry over your old school pieces from the eighties :gaga: